PC Hotfix

+

Alicja.

CD PROJEKT RED

A hotfix for Cyberpunk 2077 is out on PC! Among others, it fixes the two most frequent crashes, including the one occurring during the final quest. Also, Dynamic Resolution Scaling setting will now consistently greyed out when Path Tracing is enabled.

The update won't change the version of the game visible in the main menu but might still affect mods.

After hotfix people experience crash before game is loading. From Steam after crash i tried to verify integrity of the files, I even reinstalled the game, still crashes. No mods used.

1681996168754.png

1681996181686.png

1681996195223.png

Still crashes every every few minutes. Considering I´ve got a Lenovo Legion Pro 5 laptop, it shouldn´t be down to 'exotic' hardware - and its vanilla, no mods installed.

I'm gonna wait until there's updates of my mods before I DL this hotfix. The funny part is that I've been kind of wanting to end my playthrough, but the Universe keeps going "nope!". lmfao.
Post automatically merged:

WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS?!?!

"The update won't change the version of the game visible in the main menu but might still affect mods."

Jeah no shit! I have just fixed everything after the last patch which takes hours of searching, downloading and hoping the essentials get updated soon enough and now you add this tini tiny change and the game is broken again. Can not run it anymore!

STEAM HAS NO OPTION TO DISSALLOW UPDATES!!!
ARE YOU AWARE OF THIS?!!

Revert this stupid micro patch to the previous version and put it into the next major one!
I understand your frustration, but it's a bit silly to get mad at CDPR for putting out a fix for what they broke with the last patch.

Guess I'll check if the update actually fixes anything for me. Worst case, I still have a backup of the 1.61 downpatch somewhere...
Suggestion: run a stable legacy version on steam for people to revert to in case the new stuff breaks their game, or run 1.62 through a beta branch because I don't trust you being able to fix it in time and people being unable to play it.

After hotfix people experience crash before game is loading. From Steam after crash i tried to verify integrity of the files, I even reinstalled the game, still crashes. No mods used.
This error screams "mods" in my opinion. (You can still have mods installed with REDmod being disabled.)

Problem with every patch on any software is that there are people who are worse off afterwards than before. However, as a software developer it is important to fix critical issues as soon as possible, which sort of a catch-22.

I'm gonna wait until there's updates of my mods before I DL this hotfix. The funny part is that I've been kind of wanting to end my playthrough, but the Universe keeps going "nope!". lmfao.
Post automatically merged:

I understand your frustration, but it's a bit silly to get mad at CDPR for putting out a fix for what they broke with the last patch.

See others above. Run beta branch or do anything to prevent these issues. Fixing one small issue while breaking the game for 50% of the playerbase is not a "FIX". Mod-creators now will all have to check on their mods if they are still working. It`s a huge hassle for everyone if you do it like this and jeah, there is plenty of reason to get mad at them!

I have about 350 mods installed. How am i supposed to know which mod this "FIX" has broken?

And no i will not play without mods. Mods are litarrely the only reason this game got back onto my SSD!

Last edited:
See others above. Run beta branch or do anything to prevent these issues. Fixing one small issue while breaking the game for 50% of the playerbase is not a "FIX". Mod-creators now will all have to check on their mods if they are still working. It`s a huge hassle for everyone if you do it like this and jeah, there is plenty of reason to get mad at them!
This hardly breaks the game for 50% of the players, even though I assume you count those who play with mods enabled. Those are by far the minority.

Also, software gets updated and that's just the nature of things and managing two different branches of a game might be difficult since people probably won't understand the difference. Likewise, people would complain that CDPR has shifted the testing to their customers.

This error screams "mods" in my opinion. (You can still have mods installed with REDmod being disabled.)

Problem with every patch on any software is that there are people who are worse off afterwards than before. However, as a software developer it is important to fix critical issues as soon as possible, which sort of a catch-22.
Well did you see also : "I even reinstalled the game"

Well did you see also : "I even reinstalled the game"
I guess you simply "reinstalled the game" with the launcher...
I highly suggest to do that instead (i.e a "clean install") :
Mod-creators now will all have to check on their mods if they are still working. It`s a huge hassle for everyone if you do it like this and jeah, there is plenty of reason to get mad at them!
Again, mods are not up to CDPR and never will ;)
Again, like always, hotfixes, updates break mods. And modders are aware of this fact I guess, since it's always be like that on most games since... ever :)

when playing on PC the egg you get in the beginning disappears when you change your apt style and never comes back after v1.62

I guess you simply "reinstalled the game" with the launcher...
I highly suggest to do that instead (i.e a "clean install") :
Again, like always, hotfixes, updates break mods. And modders are aware of this fact I guess, since it's always be like that on most games since... ever :)

[/URL]

I'll follow instructions from the link and reinstall the game. I'll keep you informed if it works. Thanks.

I'll follow instructions from the link and reinstall the game. I'll keep you informed if it works. Thanks.
You're welcome ;)
I'll be surprised if it doesn't fix your issue (issue which is generally due to remaining mod datas after a "simple" reinstallation using the launcher).

Well, I just did a full uninstall/reinstall. Still getting the error and subsequent flatline.

Zero mods installed.

Yikes

Top Bottom