PC in game settings not affecting fps at all

+
Hey guys,

I've been having a strange issue with my game (GOG version). My max fps is 34 in game and 44 in the menus, with dips into 20fps territory and occasional 10fps. Now the problem lies in the fact that nothing I change is affecting the performance of the game at all. I have the same fps with all the settings on ultra and 1440p as well as everything on ultra low and the resolution set to 1024*768... Same max fps of 34, with very frequent dips to around 20 and occasional drops to 10 fps.

Its like the game settings do absolutely nothing (even though you can see that everything changed when you're in the game). I'm on the latest AMD drivers (v20.12.1)

Does anyone else have a similar situation?

Hardware:
CPU:AMD Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: AORUS Radeon RX 5700 XT
RAM:32.0GB Dual-Channel @ 1589MHz (16-18-18-36)
MOBO:ASRock AB350 Pro4 (AM4)
STORAGE: 953GB ADATA SX8200 SSD

Last edited:
Yes I have the same issue, I have heard that possibly the game doesn't play nice with Ryzen CPUs sometimes. I have a 3400g with RTX 2060 and 24GB ram, my CPU does not go over 50% load. Check your CPU usage in the game, it would be interesting to see if this is the cause.

Yes I have the same issue, I have heard that possibly the game doesn't play nice with Ryzen CPUs sometimes. I have a 3400g with RTX 2060 and 24GB ram, my CPU does not go over 50% load. Check your CPU usage in the game, it would be interesting to see if this is the cause.

I have a Ryzen 1800X overclocked to 4.0 Ghz, it's a bit old now but it does the job still.
Only hits 20-25% load - all my 16 threads are being used tho.

GPU on 97-98% consistent.

I was having this issue with windows game bar enabled and it seemed to solve it after i disabled it. the game doesn't seem to like overlays or things recording in the background (Nvidia instant replay, windows game bar recording). You can try that

It's an issue with SMT for Ryzen cpus not being utilized, theres a performance patch available on nexus mods which fixed this issue for me without altering the gamefiles (it patches the exe in memory). Now my cpu usage is close to 60% and all 16 threads are being used evenly.

Top Bottom