PC Major performance loss after few minutes of gameplay

+
Since update 2.12 ive been having major performance loss in cyberpunk, about 5 minutes after launching game it goes from a smooth 60 fps to about 35 and 20% in power draw lost.
Ive done a clean install of windows and nothing seems to work, it use to run buttery smooth and now its just unplayable.
Is there anyone with similar issue?
Thanks in advance

Since update 2.12 ive been having major performance loss in cyberpunk, about 5 minutes after launching game it goes from a smooth 60 fps to about 35 and 20% in power draw lost.
Ive done a clean install of windows and nothing seems to work, it use to run buttery smooth and now its just unplayable.
Is there anyone with similar issue?
Thanks in advance
To help you people need to know more about your configuration .

It could be a memory leak in the game, it could be something as simple as a laptop dialling down the power because it's overheating.

One problem I used to experience on a card with 8GB of VRAM in earlier versions of the game was that once the card maxed out VRAM and started using windows shared memory it would cause slowdown. I never really established whether that was a problem directly caused by the memory switch, or a pure problem with the game. I don't get that issue with the current version but I have switched to a 16gb card.

Im currently running on a 3070ti;i5-13600k.
Its hard to believe it is VRAM related because even with video settings ta make under 6gb vram allocation(using less then 5gb), it still causes the game to loose whole performance even on non intensive areas.
And it runs great for the first few minutes which is weird

I remember people with intel 12th generation+ posting that after disabling the core "optimization" in the games settings the game worked fine again. Maybe this could work for you as well?

I remember people with intel 12th generation+ posting that after disabling the core "optimization" in the games settings the game worked fine again. Maybe this could work for you as well?
Mine is set to auto, which would be the default right?
What is weird is that the gpu power draw drops from 210W to 150W how ever the gpu still max at 99% usage, and this happens on intensive and non intensive areas

Yeah, it couldn't be something simple like a laptop switching to battery mode or anything.

Either way, what your describing sounds like it could be a result of a few things:

0.) Are you using any mods, or have you ever used any in the past?

1.) Turn your power settings, both on the GPU and Windows itself to "Maximum Performance". It could be that you have a power plan on the computer that's just far too conservative for the game. (The new GPU may be the tipping factor.)

2.) When you got the new 16 GB card, did you completely gut the older drivers using DDU and CCleaner? Residual driver files configured for the older GPU may be causing conflicts.

3.) Heat throttling, which should become relatively apparent if you run something like GPU-Z in the background to monitor what the PC is doing in more detail.
  • For 2 and 3, these things would likely manifest in other games, though the behavior may not be exactly like it is in CP2077. Do you notice other weirdness in other games, even if it's not as severe?
4.) Background processes taking focus away from the game. Are you using any aggressive anti-virus programs or the like (McAffee, Norton, Comodo, etc.)?

Top Bottom