PC Mod - Alternate Crowd Behavior

+

I've been playing with the settings that are available to modify how the NPC crowds in the game are generated and behave to try and make them feel a little more like people and less like robots. Still a long way to go yet but I personally like this alot more than the default settings.

Is this an improvement? Thats debatable however its early days and I still don't know what half the settings really do at the end of the day, so things will improve I am sure

Rather than walk around everyone in a big arc, the NPC's try and path between people smoothly, but if that doesn't work they will bump shoulders with each other and shove past, causing one of them to stumble a little. I feel its more fitting for Night City!
I also reduced as much as possible the disappearing NPC issue and they now stay in the world for 2 minutes off screen before being removed. Performance can still cause culling of the NPC's but if your machine can handle it that doesn't happen

you can get it here : https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/526

other than sometimes the person getting shoulder chcked and toppling over, i don't see much difference. that thing about big arcs, i don't really see that behavior in the original. there was one guy who walked a big circle around 2 people which looked kind of awkward, but ultimately i think people would avoid touching each other and in an urban environemnt that sometimes means taking a long way around a group of people

other than sometimes the person getting shoulder chcked and toppling over, i don't see much difference. that thing about big arcs, i don't really see that behavior in the original. there was one guy who walked a big circle around 2 people which looked kind of awkward, but ultimately i think people would avoid touching each other and in an urban environemnt that sometimes means taking a long way around a group of people
Well, there is the running up and down the same street or alley quite often... but the real issue comes from interactions between NPCs and them and the player. Still, good thing people are looking into the AI, thanks for that!

The best crowd behavior I saw in games is in Assassin's Creed, specially the first titles and Hitman.

Assassin's Creed Unity (2014)

Hitman - Absolution (2012)

Ive updated this mod with some tweaks and it includes a full and lite version for those who had a performance hit from the initial release

Yes, CDPR literally made a few lines of code and threw an entire city into that code (a poor code) ... they weren't able to separate it into groups to generate different, more realistic reactions - and I think they didn't even want to test it out much.

Ive updated this mod with some tweaks and it includes a full and lite version for those who had a performance hit from the initial release

Think I mighta been the first person to grab this when you dropped it on Nexus the other night :ROFLMAO: (y)

It definitely makes the pedestrians look a lot more natural as they're walking around. Did you change much from the initial version?

Think I mighta been the first person to grab this when you dropped it on Nexus the other night :ROFLMAO: (y)

It definitely makes the pedestrians look a lot more natural as they're walking around. Did you change much from the initial version?

Not really, its sort of a combination of the two previous versions. The main bit with update is a 'lite' version for ppl with lower end PC's

Ive updated this one again after spending a few days with Cyber Engine Tweaks figuring out what all the values do :D

For the crowds I think thats about all that can be done atm. They dont walk windy paths and make rapid turns all the time and can get much closer to each other before becoming blocked which helps with flow and the feeling of a packed crowd.

Using the fast despawn setup the world feel a bit more alive and dynamic

I just installed the Alternate Crowd Behavior mod and have increased the distance at which NPCs disappear,--this thankfully seems to have worked!--but I can’t find how to increase the distance at which NPCs spawn—they’re still materializing in front of me like magic, which is really distracting.

Can anyone point me to the setting I need to change? Or maybe that just isn’t possible yet?

Guest 4564903

Awesome mod, I use the slow crowd despawn along with no performance throttle and I'm really happy with the crowds especially as I never feel the need to start killing them so they don't vanish at all now, well at least to the point where I don't notice.

Top Bottom