PC mouse and keyboard controls

+
So what? I did say people not dev or designer. BioWare dev are sill thinking M/K are fine but that doesn't change the fact that PC gamers think otherwise. I'm sure game will be playble with K/M but will it be enjoyable or will be as good as with controller. We don't know. We have asked and didn't get any reall answer :( apart from controller is better for streams and Youtubers.

I'm not a cynic and wouldn't say I don't have faith in any developer, hell even with f'ed up PC controls, W3 is delivering on so many other things. But, I have my doubts with regards to PC controls for reasons stated above and so, I would take that bet and sincerely hope that you win it:yes

OK. Bottle of Żubrówka wherever You live if KB+M will suck - what will You put on a table? ;]

Not that I believe that KB + M will not work. It is obvious that they will, but the answer "works fine" sounds more like a phrase protocol than a strong statement. "How are you? Fine, thanks.!

Is the response of the game equal fluid with KB + M or with controller? How intuitive is it? is it more cumbersome? I would like some more specific answer than "fine, thanks"

Last edited:
Console game first, PC second?

Sadly it appears that the PC controls are an afterthought in this game; I see no effort in developing a polished PC-centric UI in any of the released screenshots.
We can probably expect oversized text, simplified controls, cursor based navigation. Furthermore, being an open-world RPG, we're only getting a watered down experience.

Without sophisticated systems and complex interactions that PC keyboard/mouse controls make possible, I fear W3 will be what Skyrim was to Morrowind, what Diablo 3 was to Diablo 2: a complete backtardation and precipitous decline in quality because everything has to be dumbed down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deleted

How about you read again what was said, it was mostly about YT videos and not an 'excuse' for not using it, a notion, let's cool ourselves

Reason why I don't reply. Absolutely no one on this forum can stay on topic.

Last edited:
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Seriously think for a second what you are implying Dragonbird.
How about you read again what was said, it was mostly about YT videos and not an 'excuse' for not using it, a notion, let's cool ourselves

Just to make it clear, since I seem to have started a shitstorm:
1. I will be playing with K&M. I don't know how to use a controller, and I'm not planning to start now.
2. I'm as concerned as everyone else about the lack of videos showing K&M.
3. I was wondering if it's because, no matter how well it works while playing the game, K&M never looks as smooth in videos as controllers. At least it doesn't when I make a video.

Just to make it clear, since I seem to have started a shitstorm:
1. I will be playing with K&M. I don't know how to use a controller, and I'm not planning to start now.
2. I'm as concerned as everyone else about the lack of videos showing K&M.
3. I was wondering if it's because, no matter how well it works while playing the game, K&M never looks as smooth in videos as controllers. At least it doesn't when I make a video.

3. well it doesn't need to.. release a PC controls specific video and no one would complain about that it doesn't look smooth :)

I find it funny how people can judge how the game will be a simplifed mess based on absolutely no evidence. With the game so close to release i think it's time we all actually think before we post here and start pointless arguments.

After reading Theta77's responce i'm pretty sure K+M controlls will be pefrectly fine. No need for some to be dramatic as if we PC gamers are forgotten or something.

Last edited:
In the new Russian video with impressions, the guys said the the build that they were playing had a bug that broke the mouse controls and because of that they had to play with controllers, but later it was confirmed that it will be fixed in the final version.

So this means that to order to change between inventory, map, quest log, metidation, etc. smoothly we are going to need to use A,D or arrow keys?.. we can just change between them with mouse?.. if so, this is BS
Or we can click with the mouse on the right or left arrow to change between them? It still sucks..
I really had hoped for that all the boxes would be visible that you can change between them in one second

Attachments

• jjjj.jpg
    jjjj.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
these kind of games, i play allways with a controller. back in the days ive never use on of those pads, but since its much more comfortable and fun, i play it with that.

So this means that to order to change between inventory, map, quest log, metidation, etc. smoothly we are going to need to use A,D or arrow keys?.. we can just change between them with mouse?.. if so, this is BS

There's no reason to not be able to use the mouse to move around the menus. When the default control scheme is set to a controller, things are adjusted for that, but that doesn't mean that the mouse interactions will be gone.

I don't mean that we can't use the mouse in menus (I know we can) - I was talking about switching from one menu to another - from inventory to map, from map to quest log, etc.

You mean like having a "back" button, so that you don't have to press any keys to go to the previous menu?

Top Bottom