(PC) No nude on First Person View, Mirrors, Photo Mode. [Not a Bug]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did everyone else that made hex changes have low quality blurry “bits”? Not the same as pre 1.03?
First Person view has no dick. But... in photo and mirror mode... seems good. Nothing blurry for the penis.
photomode_14122020_125851.png

Remember, mirrors in games (if you're not using ray-tracing reflections) are not actually mirrors. They're a character model that must be generated just like your character model in the game. Hence, like any character model, it's possible to assign the wrong assets to it. It could be something as simple as the ID numbers for a body part not matching the ID number used for the "mirror model".

(So, if ObjectID_1234 is my hat on my character, but MirrorObjectID_1234 has a broken texture or something...you don't see a hat in the mirror...you see a bald head. The hair would normally be culled so the hat looks right, but the hat has a corrupted texture, so nothing displays. Or if MirrorObjectID_1234 is mislabled, I might see a red bandana instead of a blue hat. The same thing is true of any body part that can be randomized.)

Remember, mirrors in games (if you're not using ray-tracing reflections) are not actually mirrors. They're a character model that must be generated just like your character model in the game. Hence, like any character model, it's possible to assign the wrong assets to it. It could be something as simple as the ID numbers for a body part not matching the ID number used for the "mirror model".

(So, if ObjectID_1234 is my hat on my character, but MirrorObjectID_1234 has a broken texture or something...you don't see a hat in the mirror...you see a bald head. The hair would normally be culled so the hat looks right, but the hat has a corrupted texture, so nothing displays. Or if MirrorObjectID_1234 is mislabled, I might see a red bandana instead of a blue hat. The same thing is true of any body part that can be randomized.)
Yes i couldnt have explained it better but overall i can get over the minor bugs already have 41 hours on the game i love the side quests and stories :D
edit: and with this temp fix with the hexes works very well for the time being till or if they fix the underwear :D

Is it possible that the Devs use different base player character models for the inventory screen, mirror and photo mode different to the one seen in the first person?

A pair of censord base models and then a pair of uncensord base models. The censord base models would have the code that links the underwear to those models for example acting as a replacement for the lack of genitals and they put in the wrong player models for the uncensord version.

This was just a shot in the dark, I dont know if that is the case, the problem with this theory is is that if that is the case, why doesn't the bra appear on the female character?

As SigilFey just wrote inventory, mirror and first-person are all different instances of the player model.
I've made the game truely bug by spamclicking a lower body clothing item. I ended up with two different pants shown at the same time in the inventory menu. The purple panties in the mirror. And the last equipped pants in first-person.

Closing and opening the inventory didn't fix the issue, I had to reapply the same clothing item and then remove it for the game to correctly draw the character.

My guess is that something is wrong with the script that applies clothing in all other modes than inventory. I guess there's an issue with how it reads the genitals choice and simply applies undergarments no matter the choice you made during character creation.

My character is always braless but the game did once bug and applied the bra without reducing the boob size to default. I guess it failed to read and correctly apply the "Censor Nudity" option.

Closing and opening the inventory didn't fix the issue, I had to reapply the same clothing item and then remove it for the game to correctly draw the character.

I guess it failed to read and correctly apply the "Censor Nudity" option.

Almost exactly what I'm guessing. It's almost like the scripts are having trouble finding the right assets or refreshing itself quickly enough. If that happens, I think your right -- it just grabs a "default" option so it displays...something.

Guys, I have a problem.
I removed the R from the script underwear_ with HxD but my game flatlined.
I'm trying to put it back like before but everytime i type the R back, it cancels _ and so on.
Does any of you know how to help me? :(

And a friendly reminder to everyone that discussion of real-world politics, religion, ethnicity, etc. are off limits. And off topic for this thread.

(Pulls the rifle off his shoulder and shifts the marshmallow rounds on his belt into a better position. Sweeps the sights with his finger and gives the gun a little pat.)

This is "friendly" for Night City.

Guys, I have a problem.
I removed the R from the script underwear_ with HxD but my game flatlined.
I'm trying to put it back like before but everytime i type the R back, it cancels _ and so on.
Does any of you know how to help me? :(

Did the Hex editor make a backup when you saved? if so you probably need delete the changed one and use the backup (usually renaming the backup file name to just remove the .BAK will fix it). if no backup was created see if validating the game files corrects the file for you. if validation does not work try to delete the file and validate (trying to avoid total reinstall with this since downloading the 8 gig file is better than redownloading the 60 gig game...).

When you change the archive files you do not want to ever delete something in them they must always maintain the same byte size otherwise you will error. the word "underwear" corresponds to nine 32 bit values in the Hex code (75 6E 64 65 72 77 65 61 72). replacing with "underwe_r" will change the Hex string to 75 6E 64 65 72 77 65 5F 72. note the 61 (character a) has changed to 5F (character for _). when you make changes to this the best way to do it is to highlight the letter you want to change and type in the new letter this should maintain the same bit length of the file. If you entirely delete a letter the Hex code will be shortened by the 2 Hexadecimal numbers and mess up the alignment since the game is probably expecting to read everything in at a certain bit length, all items after your deletion would not line up within the expected bit length causing the game to either read too little of a item name or too much or an item name (essentially read into the next item) which is much harder to handle as a non crash error.

Last edited:
Did the Hex editor make a backup when you saved? if so you probably need delete the changed one and use the backup (usually renaming the backup file name to just remove the .BAK will fix it). if no backup was created see if validating the game files corrects the file for you. if validation does not work try to delete the file and validate (trying to avoid total reinstall with this since downloading the 8 gig file is better than redownloading the 60 gig game...).

When you change the archive files you do not want to ever delete something in them they must always maintain the same byte size otherwise you will error. the word "underwear" corresponds to nine 32 bit values in the Hex code (75 6E 64 65 72 77 65 61 72). replacing with "underwe_r" will change the Hex string to 75 6E 64 65 72 77 65 5F 72. note the 61 (character a) has changed to 5F (character for _). when you make changes to this the best way to do it is to highlight the letter you want to change and type in the new letter this should maintain the same bit length of the file. If you entirely delete a letter the Hex code will be shortened by the 2 Hexadecimal numbers and mess up the alignment since the game is probably expecting to read everything in at a certain bit length so all items after your deletion would not line up within the expected bit length causing the game to either read too little of a item name or too much or an item name (essentially read into the next item) which is much harder to handle as a non crash error.

Thank you so much for the answer, i shouldn't have touch it if I didn't know properly how it works :/
Thanks a lot!!

Same for me. While the nudity was not a selling point. It's there, ok fine. But the only time I saw my character nude was once when I took off all my clothes and looked into "inventory" I took a shower and the parts of me I could see, I was fully dressed, except for my head gear, which brings me to the fact that the moment I started to wear head gear, for the armor boost, I lost my hair. Now when I look in the mirror I am completely bald like a Cue Ball!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom