(PC) No nude on First Person View, Mirrors, Photo Mode. [Not a Bug]

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also experiencing this bug. Noticed it this weekend. Very strange, makes me want to wait to keep playing in case it ends up making a romance scene lame. I suppose worst case I have to replay it... not like I wasn't already going to.

I did go and do the scenes with both of the joy-toys on Jig-Jig Street and they seemed to be unaffected, although not much in the way of below-the-belt nudity was present.
Post automatically merged:

There are no bras or other underwear in the game, they only appear if you turn on censorship. And in my case the censorship is off.

There are bras available from the clothing vendors but they are equippable as Inner Torso armor. Not sure thats the same as what they were looking for.

There are bras available from the clothing vendors but they are equippable as Inner Torso armor. Not sure thats the same as what they were looking for.
What I meant is that you cannot customize actual underwear. I'm pretty sure what you call bras are just plain clothes that you equip like t-shirts. The bra I'm talking about is that of the censored model.

Last edited:
I'm also curious when this will be fixed.

Anyway, there are (apparently) two ways to fix this for photo mode and mirrors though.
  1. Use this mode: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/185
  2. Open basegame_4_gamedata.archive with a hex editor and replace underwear with underwe_r (6 times). Do not forget to backup the file before changing it.

And for consoles we have to wait :(
Consoles are the why they added underwear.
Where'd you get that info? As has alreadt been said, we can already see it in game, and it was in photo mode day one before the bug. If the genitals were aroused or shown in a sex act then it would be an AO game. ESRB rated it months ago.
Maybe ESRB rated it without genitals in photo mode and mirror scene. You can see it in game through the customization menu but just that's it, they also added underwear on the cadaver at the first mission. Censorship haven't a logic cause it's a no sense thing, maybe a thing can be shown one time but not two because a bunch of people thinks it would be too much, maybe it was accepted in the menu but not in photo mode because there is physics and you could zoom on your penis or vagina.

Maybe ESRB rated it without genitals in photo mode and mirror scene. You can see it in game through the customization menu but just that's it, they also added underwear on the cadaver at the first mission.
Yeah, that was/is weird...

Could a mod restore the pre-patch state? And also, were one's genitalia visible in first person before the patch?

Last edited:
What I meant is that you cannot customize actual underwear. I'm pretty sure what you call bras are just plain clothes that you equip like t-shirts. The bra I'm talking about is that of the censored model.
That was what I meant. Where do you get/buy it?

By the way anyone get texture bug like in screenshot below after using the patch on nexus/manually change the hex.
Note that I don't have this clothing before applying the patch.

See the grey blocky patch behin her.
20201215152742_1.jpg
20201215152738_1.jpg

Last edited:
Just thought i'd chip in. I'm not usually one who explicitly cares about nudity, but if a game explicitly advertises itself as very mature oriented with dark moments, gore, and of course nudity that's fully what I expect. Especially since they have the nudity toggle option. If I have nudity enabled, then I fully expect it to be there not just in the inventory screen. So it's disappointing to see all this censorship whether intended or not.

Vaginas in menu and cutscenes are very low detailed cause depictions of full female nudity can't be in M rated games. Same thing happened in Agony censored version, Succubus vagina was retextured very low res.
Hey you claimed they said they censored the game on discord, do you have a way to verify this claim?

Yeah, that was/is weird...

Could a mod restore the pre-patch state? And also, were one's genitalia visible in first person before the patch?
And i still don't saying the game was rated AO and then forced to be cut. Devs chosed themselves to not show nudity during free roaming and photomode like they chosen to cover the corpse genital and to don't let you attack kids NPCs. This just was made to secure the M rating. There also is a bug that make you see the character fully nude when should be dressed and you can see it without underwear but often genitals doesn't appear.

That was what I meant. Where do you get/buy it?

By the way anyone get texture bug like in screenshot below after using the patch on nexus/manually change the hex.
Note that I don't have this clothing before applying the patch.

See the grey blocky patch behin her.
View attachment 11086766View attachment 11086769
Tested without nude patch/hex edit the texture problem still exist. Note that my character is using the mantis blade. I am not sure if this is related or not to the save file or something else/

Hey you claimed they said they censored the game on discord, do you have a way to verify this claim?
They never said they were forced to censor the game. Cyberpunk was never rated AO but they choose to not show full nudity during free roaming and to not permit infanticide to be sure to get an M rating. What they said on Discord, or maybe i read on some news website months ago is that players wouldn't be able to see main character genitalia when in first person gameplay and in other ways than customization menu. I remember they also said that running fully nude in the city wouldn't be possibile. A proof for that last thing is that NPCs seems to not react even when you have tits exposed. I can't search on their official Discord channel cause I'm permabanned because i complained about Steam and GOG getting the very same consoles and cloud gaming versions in case game had to be censored for an M rating (it wasn't but devs self-censored themselves to avoid this) while PC also allows Unrated and AO rated games. So also an official uncut patch wouldn't be possible. So i don't call this censorship but self-censorship, this also happened in many other games. When a game is released uncut and AO on PC is because developers just chosen time ago to make it uncut and so they doesn't apply self-censorship, but this often happens only with indie games like Hatred, Agony, Succubus, Outlast 2. Many years ago Rockstar Games crossed the line of AO rating games with GTA San Andreas and Manhunt 2 but these two games were the only AAA games to be released with an AO rating. Good old times. 😭

They never said they were forced to censor the game. Cyberpunk was never rated AO but they choose to not show full nudity during free roaming and to not permit infanticide to be sure to get an M rating. What they said on Discord, or maybe i read on some news website months ago is that players wouldn't be able to see main character genitalia when in first person gameplay and in other ways than customization menu. I remember they also said that running fully nude in the city wouldn't be possibile. A proof for that last thing is that NPCs seems to not react even when you have tits exposed. I can't search on their official Discord channel cause I'm permabanned because i complained about Steam and GOG getting the very same consoles and cloud gaming versions in case game had to be censored for an M rating (it wasn't but devs self-censored themselves to avoid this) while PC also allows Unrated and AO rated games. So also an official uncut patch wouldn't be possible. So i don't call this censorship but self-censorship, this also happened in many other games. When a game is released uncut and AO on PC is because developers just chosen time ago to make it uncut and so they doesn't apply self-censorship, but this often happens only with indie games like Hatred, Agony, Succubus, Outlast 2. Many years ago Rockstar Games crossed the line of AO rating games with GTA San Andreas and Manhunt 2 but these two games were the only AAA games to be released with an AO rating. Good old times. 😭

I'm not saying you are lying but i cant find a shred of evidence for anything you are saying for some time now.
Nowhere has CDPR stated they would censor the game in first person or add underwear or anything remotely like that.

So if thats not correct, all the other stuff you're saying automatically becomes nothing more than.. well rambling, saying stuff to say stuff.

I would suggest to either go on discord and get a direct quote or stop saying that cdpr has mentioned they will or would censor stuff in first person.

I'm not saying you are lying but i cant find a shred of evidence for anything you are saying for some time now.
Nowhere has CDPR stated they would censor the game in first person or add underwear or anything remotely like that.

So if thats not correct, all the other stuff you're saying automatically becomes nothing more than.. well rambling, saying stuff to say stuff.

I would suggest to either go on discord and get a direct quote or stop saying that cdpr has mentioned they will or would censor stuff in first person.
I just explained i can't go on their Discord. If you want to search about that you have to check yourself on the official Discord, try to type something like "ESRB AO", "censorship".

Every male dead body is covered with underwear, so silly. Why the world so afraid of penis? Completely breaks immersion when you see a naked man in blood and so on but in pretty clean and fresh underwear loooool

I just explained i can't go on their Discord. If you want to search about that you have to check yourself on the official Discord, try to type something like "ESRB AO", "censorship".
If you can't go on their discord how did you find it in the first place oh wait nvm i read the other comment

I tried cdpr discord and i can't find them saying anything about the bug/ potential censorship so who knows i do know one thing they are clearly avoiding answering the question so that is alarming

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom