PC patch was meant to come out today...

+
The game was already rushed to hell and back and pushed out the door barely holding together.

What are you talking about? I beat the game in ~115 hours without encountering any major bugs and with a grand total of four crashes.

What are you talking about? I beat the game in ~115 hours without encountering any major bugs and with a grand total of four crashes.

Literally saying
>Lol, it works for me

---------- Updated at 11:33 AM ----------

I don't know what you mean with keyboard controls, I played it all with mouse and keyboard. Don't know what you talk about with Heat Maps, and as for the rest, I would completely disagree.

The game didn't have finished KBM controls a few weeks before release, when they were doing the youtuber demo, that should tell you a lot if the controls weren't finished that late in development.

---------- Updated at 11:33 AM ----------
The game didn't have finished KBM controls a few weeks before release, when they were doing the youtuber demo, that should tell you a lot if the controls weren't finished that late in development.[/QUOTE]

When it was released it had it, so what's your point? There's always something that isn't implemented until it's released, that's why it's a release date. Up until that time it's development time.

styku

Forum regular
Literally saying
>Lol, it works for me
Exactly, what'd you expect him to say?
When you take into consideration the amount of flame posts and ridiculous complaints (one of my favorite is "repetitive, uninteresting and dumb quests"), I really find it hard to believe someone that says that "game barely holds together". I am 100h into the game, encountered one bug two times (stamina not regenerating, had to engage into combat to fix it), And actually quite a lot of crashes, more than 10, but all of those were crashes of Nvidia display driver, and they started happening after I've installed the driver version "specifically optimized for The Witcher 3". Before that, I had 30 hours of smooth gameplay without a single crash.

My point being, of course bugs are there, it's a huge game after all, and it's obvious neither developers nor testers can discover them all. Most importantly, serious ones don't seem to affect major part of the players (we still don't get shitstorms here, so I assume that most of the players are fine), and all of them are being constantly addressed by CDPR. And definitely saying that game barely holds together, when a lot of the completionists finished the game or completed huge part of it with only very few minor problems, is a huge exaggeration.

Stop talking about game being buggy and this and that . You are not in 2005 where games were on a small scale . with this level of game you are expected to have some minor bugs and there is nothin big with witcher 3 . developers have put alot of time .

Games go gold more than a month before release.

Game was working just fine for me. Controls worked just fine. I didn't encounter any crashes at all. I didn't even encounter a single bug, and I mean that. Not even one. I finished it on Blood and Broken Bones. The only complaint I have about the game is the Inventory.

I don't know man, the large amount of bugs, horrible itemization, bland skill trees, thoughtless map flow all seem to indicate this. What would you suggest as an indicator for the game not being rushed? Cause all I can see is that the quests and cutscenes are all finished, everything else in the game is still about 80% done.

So has it been Crashing for you a lot?

I don't know man, the large amount of bugs, horrible itemization, bland skill trees, thoughtless map flow all seem to indicate this. What would you suggest as an indicator for the game not being rushed? Cause all I can see is that the quests and cutscenes are all finished, everything else in the game is still about 80% done.

Keep trolling, bro. A good chuckle in the morning helps wake me up while I sip my coffee.

OPINION! Not a fact.

Try to read dictionaries.

I'd say that barely 3 years for a large scale open world game is pretty rushed, yeah. Why are you so defensive, if it wasn't rushed, it would certainly not have issues that TW2 had, which were fixed, I mean it's just common sense, though I guess that's a bit too much to ask for from fans of a game on that game's forum.
I wonder, how is it that I am always one of the few, willing to be critical about something I love.

I'd say that barely 3 years for a large scale open world game is pretty rushed, yeah.
Well, 10 years isn't rushed? I am not sure.
But I am sure that in your rules EVERY huge game is rushed by definition.

In my opinion release of Patch 1.04 is rushed. But not release of the game. Let's take this as a fact! Don't want? Why?

Any huge game has many unfinished tasks and can have much more of them. No limits - no clear finish line for such projects. This only a fact. But this fact is useless for us ))

Well, 10 years isn't rushed? I am not sure.
But I am sure that in your rules EVERY huge game is rushed by definition.

In my opinion release of Patch 1.04 is rushed. But not release of the game. Let's take this as a fact! Don't want? Why?

Any huge game has many unfinished tasks and can have much more of them. No limits - no clear finish line for such projects. This only a fact. But this fact is useless for us ))

So you're agreeing that it was rushed, but don't want to call it rushed because of the negative connotation?
Man, talk about the lengths people will go in order to justify their purchases. Like I said, I love the game, that doesn't stop me from being objective about it's faults. Like it or not, they quite clearly stem from the game not being in the oven long enough.

To imply otherwise is to call everyone at CDPR a literal retard for not learning a thing from the TW2 launch.

The PS4 version is very stable from my point of view, there is some little glitches where you can see a skirt hangs on the air or headless character walks beside his head but it's nothing comparing to the huge amount of extremely unbelievable game play and HD animations. however am still waiting for the 1.04 patch for consoles which contains text and subtitles enlargement, this update will makes my game play better .

So you're agreeing that it was rushed, but don't want to call it rushed because of the negative connotation?
No. I say that in your words any AAA release is rushed.

Comparing to releases of other games this one isn't rushed. It was good product. Install and play! Nothing is ruined (at least in the first parts of game). No crashes (except PC's with poor tested overclocking). Very low amount of people got real problems. Don't see why it should be unrealesed more. Later release - later they will hear your response. And even even highly "ideal" project will collect many negative responses. Because people always dislike something.

But things that really something ruined was come not in the release but in the patches after it. This crap I name "rushed" (e.g. poorly tested but not so necessary changes)

People keep complaining about opinions. So can we look at just a few facts about the game?

Fact: A game can be more polished and playable than everything else released recently, while STILL falling short of the mark in some points. It's what separates great games from the average.

Fact: While W3 has a lot of amazing content, there are almost always large numbers of people looking for solutions to bugs. Not saying this is abnormal for a game, but there are bugs.

Fact: A game can be delayed multiple times and still launch with certain aspects NEVER meeting design goals, and as such feel are changed to meet deadlines. There are systems in the game, such as gather/alchemy that differ in design. Only need to craft item once, have 425 of each mat. Certain assets are amazing, many spots of textures are noticibly 2 to 4 times lower resolution. This points to the possibility of a small amount of lack of coherence in meeting intended design goals.

Fact: This game can be amazing and hated for all the same reasons.

A game isn't good or bad. A game can be rushed and be better than everything before it. Games can be held back to meet design goals for other hardware.

If you enjoy the game and it's working for you, great! Enjoy playing it. For a lot of us, there are major issues. Both conceptual design issues and actual software issues interfering with our ability to actually play the game.

The word "rushed" seems to be touching some nerves. Can we just see the vast majority of us, even those writing in this thread, say the game is amazing? And also admit it can have problems generated because of it's design schedule? Just because other games do to, it doesn't mean it's okay. CDPR has both an amazing and less than stellar record on fixing issues depending on the issue.

And now I feel bad because I realized the title of the thread is nothing to do with this. Doh!

Not your fault that people get touchy about things they enjoy and don't allow themselves to be critical, because society frowns upon that kind of thing.
It's a shame, so few people are willing to concede that something they enjoy might just have negative qualities. I for example enjoyed every Assassin's Creed game up to 3, I'm well aware that all but the first are complete shit from a narrative standpoint and each and every single one of them is pure, concentrated cancer, from a design POV.

The game has some weak points but the thing is you're blowing them out of proportions, they are negative to some extent but not negative enough to call the game "rushed" or "barely holding together", for me Skyrim is a game that is barely holding together even after a dozen patches, it stutters like hell on PC, takes lifetime to load (unless you use an SSD) and crashes every now and then even in vanilla state, in addition to these it still has a lot more issues which people just accept with a smile because oh it's the mighty Bethesda and Elder Scrolls series but when it comes to CDPR people get nit picky about minor issues just because they listen to their fans.

You say why people are so defensive about it, I ask why you are so offensive about it ? calling it rushed and boring in every thread on almost every topic. Be realistic man, you are the one being too negative about it.

Top Bottom