PC patch was meant to come out today...

+
what happened?

A hotfix for some issues like the no-exp bug was supposed to come out. When they figured out that 1.0.5 was slated for this week anyway, they decided to roll it into the same update. 1.0.5 is supposed to come out on Tue or Wed.

Shit happens from time to time..

I'll just keep myself busy while I eagerly wait for the next patch, nothing to troublesome, it happens..

At least CDPR is a great gaming company that fix things fast. Other companies can take up to a year to release 5 patches.

The game was already rushed to hell and back and pushed out the door barely holding together.

Let's not have them rush patches, you saw what happened with 1.04, just give it a bit of time.

The game was already rushed to hell and back and pushed out the door barely holding together.

And the game was delayed twice! Imagine the state it would've been in, had it launched when originally planned! :D

That said, I think the XP bug should've been hotfixed but I can wait a day or two - I'll just do more sidequests and treasure hunts until then. :)

It's reasonable they would wait out the new drivers that came out today (yesterday?) to see if anything forces additional fixes before putting out their patch.

And the game was delayed twice! Imagine the state it would've been in, had it launched when originally planned! :D

That said, I think the XP bug should've been hotfixed but I can wait a day or two - I'll just do more sidequests and treasure hunts until then. :)

About the same honestly. It got delayed because they realized it would be impossible to optimize it by the original date. Most of the content would have been done by then, the rest of the time would have been spent optimizing, mostly to meet SONY's ridiculous demands of the game running at 1080p on their console. They didn't even have time to make KBM controls until two weeks before release, not to mention it's a large, open world game, 3 years isn't really that long of a development cycle for something this long.
And even then it's still surprisingly stable and polished for a modern RPG, which are usually complete disasters on launch. Shame they couldn't put more time into stuff like enemy placement and UI. My guess is they didn't make all those cool armors they had concept art of because they just didn't want to spend the time on asset production and would make it up with updates and the free DLC packs.
I hope they revisit the enemy placement, cause it's horrible as it is right now and they said that they've finally started giving the UI a look.

Fingers crossed for alchemy to be introduced!

This kinda' requires a hotfix, though. Rushing is acceptable in a situation like this. Just comparing CDPR to Paradox for a second here, I know Paradox rushes out hotfixes ASAP when a bug seriously breaks parts of the game.

Let's not have them rush patches, you saw what happened with 1.04, just give it a bit of time.

And its incredible that even "barely holding together" its still one of the best games in several years.. what the game industry become.. :(

It's reasonable they would wait out the new drivers that came out today (yesterday?) to see if anything forces additional fixes before putting out their patch.

^^ This....

No such thing as an AMD video card that pushes this game to 60FPS on max settings (even without hairworks)

ALL Ultra PC users essentially received a driver yesterday, it is worth the wait to allow them to optimize since we are stuck with this driver for another month.

it comes out when its ready, if it takes more time they had to fix some major bugs apparently,

btw this thread doesnt make much sense.

Well, more and more people are hitting the forced Kings Gambit now, and as for me it means not being able to continue.
(or do some 5+ level advanced sidequests)

So yes quite a few are waiting ;)

The game might have couple of features that are lacking (like alchemy for instance) but please stop throwing around the word "rushed" and "barely holding together" on every thread you post. They might have got overworked developing on three platforms together and due to optimization issues on consoles but it's certainly not a rushed game.

This is perhaps the most polished and "working" game I have seen this year and it's impressive how few game breaking issues are there for an open world game also I personally didn't faced anything wrong with v1.04 so I don't know what are you talking about ? please stop giving an impression that the game is completely broken just because it doesn't have one or two features of your liking.

Last edited:
Patch delayed. Coming.

You're good! Streaming the game on Steam and Moderating at the same time. heh ~cheers~

Edit: nevermind that person broadcasting is Sardaukar and I looking at the handles too fast. =)

Last edited:

Dude, we got it. You don't have to spam every post that the game is rushed...

You're good! Streaming the game on Steam and Moderating at the same time. heh ~cheers~

Edit: nevermind that person broadcasting is Sardaukar and I looking at the handles too fast. =)

He is a feeelthy imposter.

Must find stakes and matches. TO THE PYRES.

what happened?

There's still a lot of Today left. Calm your tits.

---------- Updated at 09:15 PM ----------

Rushed? I don't think you and I are playing the same game, kiddo.

Top Bottom