[PC] Payback Quest Stable Key Bug: Unable to progress

+
[PC] Payback Quest Stable Key Bug: Unable to progress

Encountered this bug involving the main quest "Payback" . This happened during the stealing the horses portion at the stables near the famous bottle merchant.

• Prior to starting the quest Final Preparations, I jumped onto a ledge to get into the stables before the quest.
  • I then looted the Stable key on the bench inside the stable and unlocked the door. I then continued with the story missions.
  • Later on, in Ciri's payback quest, the door is already unlocked.
  • However, the stable key is neither on the stable bench or in my inventory.
  • The mission objective is stuck at "find a way to open the stable doors from the inside using your witcher senses".
  • I seem to be unable to progress the mission as there is no key to loot or door to unlock, which is what should trigger Ciri to come inside

Hi! I'm missing too the key from the table. I've wrote twice as bug report (told by GOG support) but no answers. I assume you got help in the end. How long does it usually take to answer by the support?

Try to add the key with or add fact in console to unlock it.

for the key it should be something like :
Code:
additem(sq303_pollys_key)
where sq303 is referring to the quest you are working on.
Most of the time if the door is opened, you have to use a command like :
Code:
addfact(sq303_pollys_door_opened)

you have to find the fact / key name in the quest file if you have some modding skills, or if you can give me the quest exact name i may have a look.

didn't have this problem on my first playthough, which was unmodded;

ran into it on my 4th playthrough which was heavily modded

it appears to conflict with the Geralt Doppler mod, as the Geralt Doppler freaks out and crashes with this quest; so if you have a mod running that uses the same files as the Gerlt Doppler, that appears to be what causes this glitch.

Took forever to find the problem, but, anyways, you can fix it by using the console code for the stable key, to manually add the key to your inventory.

the code for the stable key is:

additem('q310_backdoor_key")

Last edited:
didn't have this problem on my first playthough, which was unmodded;

ran into it on my 4th playthrough which was heavily modded

it appears to conflict with the Geralt Doppler mod, as the Geralt Doppler freaks out and crashes with this quest; so if you have a mod running that uses the same files as the Gerlt Doppler, that appears to be what causes this glitch.

Took forever to find the problem, but, anyways, you can fix it by using the console code for the stable key, to manually add the key to your inventory.

the code for the stable key is:

additem('q310_backdoor_key")
I know im almost 2 years late but thanks a lot, helped me with the bug :D

Top Bottom