pc players need refunds too

+
I was able to get a refund on Steam with 3.5 hours (at least that's what it showed on the game page, another metric somewhere else on Steam stated I played 4 hours for some reason). A good chunk of this was character creation and tabbing out to research glitches and crashes I was experiencing. Just submit a detailed refund request, and don't swear at them.

So yes, it is possible to get a refund on Steam with over 2 hours. That argument became much weaker the moment Steam issued their first refund to a player with over 2 hours in a game. Consoles may have had more issues, but PC players also face similar technical issues, and that doesn't get into the territory of the game being sold as something different than advertised. Everyone has a strong case for a refund, so keep fighting for it!

why was there refunds offered only for console players? i can't play this game properly on pc i have to keep reloading over and over again because quests break often very often the latest one being with a little help from my friends, the punchcard is unlootable so i can't progress, so i have to reload back all the way to the beginning of it go through all dialog AGAIN, i am so sick of this game, it has a good story and i like it but i can't experience any of it because i am too busy reloading and reloading and reloading, i am so sick of it, offer refunds to pc players too.
I can't even get the game to start. I have nothing against console people but I don't understand why they are getting all the attention. I'm on PC and I need a refund too. Why are so many people acting like PC players are just fine? We're not. The game is broken across all platforms to the best of my knowledge.

I already posted this so Again, I'm just linking my post because its a relevant reply.
WARNING! MAJOR SPOILERS:

I must be one of the few that is enjoying the hell out of the game.

Despite relatively modest PC specs it runs well most of the time. I look forward to playing more each evening after work. The main story is compelling. The writing is very good and I love the BD's.

So far 19 hours in I have seen few bugs and have had zero crashes. I'm one of the lucky ones it would seem.

I see hyperbolic reactions from the press, just read an article on The Guardian - press that normally don't get involved. I'm not getting involved with the negativity.

So against the grain here I'm loving the game CDPR and I'm not afraid to say so. It's sad that more can't see the game as it's meant, CDPR will make good in the end, I just hope it isn't too late

why was there refunds offered only for console players? i can't play this game properly on pc i have to keep reloading over and over again because quests break often very often the latest one being with a little help from my friends, the punchcard is unlootable so i can't progress, so i have to reload back all the way to the beginning of it go through all dialog AGAIN, i am so sick of this game, it has a good story and i like it but i can't experience any of it because i am too busy reloading and reloading and reloading, i am so sick of it, offer refunds to pc players too.

with PC there is a lot more change it is the person system and not the fault of the game. With console it ether works or does there is nothing you can do to fixit. You can fix a pc to get a game to work unless the majority of PC user hare having issues due to a major flaw . That isn't the case here. but they are offering refunds anyway.

Oh please, seeing the last gen consoles performance i understand the refunds, but there is nothing wrong with the pc version of the game. Sure it has some bugs like any game has at launch or even has after years. But it runs absolutely fine, don't play on ultra with a gtx 1060, that's just common sense...
I play on medium hardware, and after 100 hours of gameplay i can count the visual minor bugs on 1 hand, i had 1 T-pose, 2 floating cigars and 1 car that was bugged in the ground and that is the same version of the game you are playing right now.

I have a high end PC and have not had any of the bugs or problems, that I see posted here.
The game runs on Max settings just fine and looks fantastic. I think most of the problems are coming from low to lower middle computers, that are unable to properly render the game world, and that is what is causing a lot of people their problems.

I have a high end PC and have not had any of the bugs or problems, that I see posted here.
The game runs on Max settings just fine and looks fantastic. I think most of the problems are coming from low to lower middle computers, that are unable to properly render the game world, and that is what is causing a lot of people their problems.
If you have older hardware, it's simple, you use lower settings. Like i said in a post above, you can't complain that the game runs sloppy when everything is on ultra when u have a gtx 1060. This game is also incredible taxing on the cpu and there arent a lot of options in-game to lower the cpu load, so yeah...

If you have older hardware, it's simple, you use lower settings. Like i said in a post above, you can't complain that the game runs sloppy when everything is on ultra when u have a gtx 1060. This game is also incredible taxing on the cpu and there arent a lot of options in-game to lower the cpu load, so yeah...
2080ti and 9900k is old hardware now i guess cause ive had nothing but issues. Guess i was uninformed.

2080ti and 9900k is old hardware now i guess cause ive had nothing but issues. Guess i was uninformed.

there could be other things wrong. Think of your computer as whole not just parts . Which includes operating system drivers etc. If you are not at recommended or above.

Multiple people including myself have reported t no technical issues.

I have finished the game with no issues others have as well.

So if it runs great for some people and others have finished the game without running into "game breaking bugs" . How can it be the software? ( not saying bugs don't exist but may only show on different system/ operating configurations)

If the software was truly broken no one would be able to run it like the door being closed and locked.

Now if its open and other people can go though but you are too tall and keep hitting your head and cant get though.

Is the door that is broken or do you just need to "fix" the situation and crouch down in order to pass though?

there could be other things wrong. Think of your computer as whole not just parts . Which includes operating system drivers etc. If you are not at recommended or above.

Multiple people including myself have reported t no technical issues.

I have finished the game with no issues others have as well.

So if it runs great for some people and others have finished the game without running into "game breaking bugs" . How can it be the software? ( not saying bugs don't exist but may only show on different system/ operating configurations)

If the software was truly broken no one would be able to run it like the door being closed and locked.

Now if its open and other people can go though but you are too tall and keep hitting your head and cant get though.

Is the door that is broken or do you just need to "fix" the situation and crouch down in order to pass though?
It doesn't run great on everyone's setup due to being rushed out from the start. Thats what happens when there's little testing and quality control pre release. Theres plenty of threads complaining over performance its not just me.
Post automatically merged:

Check drivers or other software that is running, also your windows ahs to be up to date
Running windows 20h2 with the newest driver from nvidia.

This game is so awfully optimised.

The pedestrians and the cars are your biggest fps killer, so you need to have a great cpu if you want to maintaing 60 fps and more on whatever graphical settings.

I have a r3600x at 4.2, and on all low settings and minimum resolution )to not be bound by the gpu), I am still dipping to mid 30 in areas with a lot of crowds or cars. All that after the hex fix of the exe.

People who say they reach 60+ fps on lower end cards than 3000 series and mid range cpu are really deluding themselves becuase they only reach that in mission parts of the game, usually in interiors.

I have the same specs CDPR recomends for the 1440p max rtx medium build, and im still barely getting smooth 60 fps on medium setting with rt on medium due to the crowd...

Top Bottom