pc players need refunds too

+
It doesn't run great on everyone's setup due to being rushed out from the start. Thats what happens when there's little testing and quality control pre release. Theres plenty of threads complaining over performance its not just me.
Post automatically merged:

Running windows 20h2 with the newest driver from nvidia.

never said you were . you seemed to have missed my point though and still blaming he software for it not running perfectly on every possible combination of hardware / software which I think is unreasonable

For any game if your system does not meet or exceed the Recommended specs . You will probably have issues and it and I believe is up to the user to fix them not the devs team ( for any game) That's why I also don't agree with posts claiming " poor optimization for lesser systems " .

there could be other things wrong. Think of your computer as whole not just parts . Which includes operating system drivers etc. If you are not at recommended or above.

Multiple people including myself have reported t no technical issues.

I have finished the game with no issues others have as well.

So if it runs great for some people and others have finished the game without running into "game breaking bugs" . How can it be the software? ( not saying bugs don't exist but may only show on different system/ operating configurations)

If the software was truly broken no one would be able to run it like the door being closed and locked.

Now if its open and other people can go though but you are too tall and keep hitting your head and cant get though.

Is the door that is broken or do you just need to "fix" the situation and crouch down in order to pass though?

On PC it's all about FPS- Because it's a FPS game, so you need better aim to fully imerse yourself in your playstile.

But because this game is so unoptimised- it tanks CPUs that should not be tanking...

Here's a little test:
R3600X 4,2 mhz- can run games with high count NPCs no problem- AC Unity after all patches
Cyberpunk on all setting on low and high density crowd- cpu tanks all the way to 30 fps in 3rd person car drive in really busy areas with cars and npc

In Cyberpunk- the FPS killer are the npcs and the cars, so there's no way to keep 60 fps smooth-UNLESS you have a really high-end, top of the shelf CPU.

Funiily enough, if you remove all NPCs from the map via a mod (therefore not stressing CPU that much), my R3600X is still being utlizied at around 75-85 %. which just means the whole NPC system is un-optimised and cannot be rendered on mid range cpus. Not only that- even if you remove all the NPCs and Cars from the game and it still uses cpu at a high percentage, it means the CPU is probably still calculating something for the NPC crowd- maybe animations and complexity

never said you were . you seemed to have missed my point though and still blaming he software for it not running perfectly on every possible combination of hardware / software which I think is unreasonable

For any game if your system does not meet or exceed the Recommended specs . You will probably have issues and it and I believe is up to the user to fix them not the devs team ( for any game) That's why I also don't agree with posts claiming " poor optimization for lesser systems " .
Its not running on different combinations because not enough testing was done. The game was rushed ot this has been confirmed by cdpr themselves in that conference call on the 14th. I exceed the recommended specs. It is a software issue the game has bugs. How the software interacts with certain hardware is a software issue.

Its not running on different combinations because not enough testing was done. The game was rushed ot this has been confirmed by cdpr themselves in that conference call on the 14th. I exceed the recommended specs. It is a software issue the game has bugs. How the software interacts with certain hardware is a software issue.

Your entitled to that opinion but I disagree . Again I point to my door example.

I don't think its the devs responsibility to support anything below recommended settings .

Personally I think the only qa that is "required " is on recommended settings. If they want to see how low they can go before the game simply wont run and tag that as minimum settings" that is up to them but I don't see it as needing support.

Recommended setting should have been the minimum settings but then of course that would lower profits and we cant have at because it breaks established cooperate rules which is ironic considering the game setting.

Your entitled to that opinion but I disagree . Again I point to my door example.

I don't think its the devs responsibility to support anything below recommended settings .

Personally I think the only qa that is "required " is on recommended settings. If they want to see how low they can go before the game simply wont run and tag that as minimum settings" that is up to them but I don't see it as needing support.

Recommended setting should have been the minimum settings but then of course that would lower profits and we cant have at because it breaks established cooperate rules which is ironic considering the game setting.
I have more than the recommended settings though. There's 3080 users having issues. You know you could have beaten the game on ps4 and xbox one right even with low fps. The bugs are the same check some videos online. Crashing happens on both as well its really only an fps difference. SO if they could still technically beat it on that hardware but they got a blanket refund. Why shouldn't we? In both instances its a break of immersion and an unpleasant experience. Pc users who receive refunds will in no way effect your experience with the game so whats the issue you can keep it if you want.

I was able to get a refund on Steam with 3.5 hours (at least that's what it showed on the game page, another metric somewhere else on Steam stated I played 4 hours for some reason). A good chunk of this was character creation and tabbing out to research glitches and crashes I was experiencing. Just submit a detailed refund request, and don't swear at them.

So yes, it is possible to get a refund on Steam with over 2 hours. That argument became much weaker the moment Steam issued their first refund to a player with over 2 hours in a game. Consoles may have had more issues, but PC players also face similar technical issues, and that doesn't get into the territory of the game being sold as something different than advertised. Everyone has a strong case for a refund, so keep fighting for it!

"PC players" yeah, speak for yourself maybe. As a PC player, I have no technical issues and I got the game as advertised.

Oh okay, just because you said that Cyberpunk magically start functioning on my PC with no issues... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(NOT!)

Wow, easy on that caps lock buddy

Guest 4375874

Yeah, PC players are always threated like second-class citizen even by cd project. It is weird considering their own platform is also on PC.

Remember when they downgraded Witcher 3 on PC because consoles wouldn't be able to handle it? And then they tried to lie about it and never fixed it? That's the kind of company we are dealing with.
Speak for yourself mate. Been playing since launch and aside from some minor bugs I haven't had any issues. Works fine on my PC

I see the "I don't have problems so problems don't exist" logical fallacy is back. Yes there are issues for PC players, even those with high-end components. This isn't hard to comprehend.

That would be like a smoker saying they don't have lung cancer so you can't get lung cancer from smoking. "smh"

You can have even the best of hardware in your computer, but if those components are not optimized, and able to run together then you will still have problems. And I'm talking about the entire package including the monitor. When I play my game, my Alienware will shut down automatically all nonessential operations, so my CPU is freed up and my memory and my ssd drive so all are dedicated to the game. My setup is a R-11 Alienware Aurora fully loaded. And the new Alienware 27 inch 240Hz monitor, with a Alienware RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard. Along with a Alienware gaming mouse, and Alienware headphones. And as I've said before I'm not having any of the problems that many of you are complaining about.

You can get optimization programs that you can run to make sure everything is up to speed.

You can have even the best of hardware in your computer, but if those components are not optimized, and able to run together then you will still have problems. And I'm talking about the entire package including the monitor. When I play my game, my Alienware will shut down automatically all nonessential operations, so my CPU is freed up and my memory and my ssd drive so all are dedicated to the game. My setup is a R-11 Alienware Aurora fully loaded. And the new Alienware 27 inch 240Hz monitor, with a Alienware RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard. Along with a Alienware gaming mouse, and Alienware headphones. And as I've said before I'm not having any of the problems that many of you are complaining about.

You can get optimization programs that you can run to make sure everything is up to speed.
2080ti
32gb 3200 ram
1tb nvme ssd
windows 20h2
latest nvidia driver

People complaining over bugs and crashes didnt imagine it the game was rushed cdprojekt said so themselves and werent pressured to release the game early they did so because they felt like it. https://www.cdprojekt.com/en/wp-content/uploads-en/2020/12/call-transcript_en.pdf

Rushed or not some people here who are complaining about how it plays on their PC.
Should still check their own hardware setup, to make sure everything is working together
And their computer is optimized.

Do they have an overloaded hard drive? What speed is there hard drive?
Are they using cheap memory chips, it doesn't matter how much they have, it's the quality.
What is their monitors refresh rate and can it keep up with rendering speed.
Do they know for sure that background programs are being shut down and not running?
And are the games settings, set to match their computer's performance, not just their frames per second.

Every time a new game comes out, you will see the same complaints for the same reason.
Kids who think a video card is all they need.

Rushed or not there are a lot of people that are not having these kinds of problems, like myself.
So there must be something more than just a rush game.

Rushed or not some people here who are complaining about how it plays on their PC.
Should still check their own hardware setup, to make sure everything is working together
And their computer is optimized.

Do they have an overloaded hard drive? What speed is there hard drive?
Are they using cheap memory chips, it doesn't matter how much they have, it's the quality.
What is their monitors refresh rate and can it keep up with rendering speed.
Do they know for sure that background programs are being shut down and not running?
And are the games settings, set to match their computer's performance, not just their frames per second.

Every time a new game comes out, you will see the same complaints for the same reason.
Kids who think a video card is all they need.

Rushed or not there are a lot of people that are not having these kinds of problems, like myself.
So there must be something more than just a rush game.
Most places like steam use a hardware survey that shows the most popular gpu and cpu used along with os. So based on that if you were in a rush to put a game out you'd optimize it for that specific base the most adopted tech. Usually a mid range intel and a 60 or 70 class gpu. Could explain why a good chuck arent having issues.

Oh please, seeing the last gen consoles performance i understand the refunds, but there is nothing wrong with the pc version of the game. Sure it has some bugs like any game has at launch or even has after years. But it runs absolutely fine, don't play on ultra with a gtx 1060, that's just common sense...
I play on medium hardware, and after 100 hours of gameplay i can count the visual minor bugs on 1 hand, i had 1 T-pose, 2 floating cigars and 1 car that was bugged in the ground and that is the same version of the game you are playing right now.
I have a high end PC and have not had any of the bugs or problems, that I see posted here.
The game runs on Max settings just fine and looks fantastic. I think most of the problems are coming from low to lower middle computers, that are unable to properly render the game world, and that is what is causing a lot of people their problems.
Glad to know you're fine, I have a "high end" PC and I'm not fine.

If you have older hardware, it's simple, you use lower settings. Like i said in a post above, you can't complain that the game runs sloppy when everything is on ultra when u have a gtx 1060. This game is also incredible taxing on the cpu and there arent a lot of options in-game to lower the cpu load, so yeah...
Can't play on low settings if the game wont even start.

there could be other things wrong. Think of your computer as whole not just parts . Which includes operating system drivers etc. If you are not at recommended or above.

Multiple people including myself have reported t no technical issues.

I have finished the game with no issues others have as well.

So if it runs great for some people and others have finished the game without running into "game breaking bugs" . How can it be the software? ( not saying bugs don't exist but may only show on different system/ operating configurations)

If the software was truly broken no one would be able to run it like the door being closed and locked.

Now if its open and other people can go though but you are too tall and keep hitting your head and cant get though.

Is the door that is broken or do you just need to "fix" the situation and crouch down in order to pass though?
It's very nice to know you're on pc and have no issues. I'm on pc and I do have issues.

Okay well if you go to buy a car at the dealership and it's a brand new car and you pay the dealership and go to drive away and the car is broken even though it's brand new, then oh well sorry it's the customers problem, up to them to fix it right? Nope. There is such a thing as quality control. There are things called Standards. If lots of customers buy cars that are broken on arrival then everyone stops shopping there, and there are lots of issues. It's unacceptable. No excuses.

"PC players" yeah, speak for yourself maybe. As a PC player, I have no technical issues and I got the game as advertised.

Wow, easy on that caps lock buddy
As a PC player, I have technical issues and I honestly did not get the game as advertised. Two can play at this game. :disapprove:

Speak for yourself mate. Been playing since launch and aside from some minor bugs I haven't had any issues. Works fine on my PC
Speak for yourself mate. Havent Been playing since launch and aside from some major bug like the game not even starting at all, I have had a serious issue with the fact that it Doesn't Work fine on my PC. :disapprove:

I see the "I don't have problems so problems don't exist" logical fallacy is back. Yes there are issues for PC players, even those with high-end components. This isn't hard to comprehend.

That would be like a smoker saying they don't have lung cancer so you can't get lung cancer from smoking. "smh"
This. 100% It's like just because it worked fine for them, we magically don't exist anymore. Well too bad, We exist! :shrug:

There's that logical fallacy again.
"no problems for me so you don't exist LOL"

:oops:like... WHAT???

I know right? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Patch 1.05 did nothing for keybindings so I hope I can get my refund now.

No gradpa, you don't need keyboard to be the same brand as your monitor in order for Windows to boot up. There is nothing wrong about matching branded HW, but please stop telling people why their PCs have issues running CP. You clearly know jack shit about PC building. Next you will tell us that you bough an Alienware SSD with "ready for Cyberpunk 2077" sticker on the box and this is the only SSD that the game can be installed on, otherwise people will have bugs.

Last edited:
I have more than the recommended settings though. There's 3080 users having issues. You know you could have beaten the game on ps4 and xbox one right even with low fps. The bugs are the same check some videos online. Crashing happens on both as well its really only an fps difference. SO if they could still technically beat it on that hardware but they got a blanket refund. Why shouldn't we? In both instances its a break of immersion and an unpleasant experience. Pc users who receive refunds will in no way effect your experience with the game so whats the issue you can keep it if you want.

simply becae

Glad to know you're fine, I have a "high end" PC and I'm not fine.

Can't play on low settings if the game wont even start.

It's very nice to know you're on pc and have no issues. I'm on pc and I do have issues.

Okay well if you go to buy a car at the dealership and it's a brand new car and you pay the dealership and go to drive away and the car is broken even though it's brand new, then oh well sorry it's the customers problem, up to them to fix it right? Nope. There is such a thing as quality control. There are things called Standards. If lots of customers buy cars that are broken on arrival then everyone stops shopping there, and there are lots of issues. It's unacceptable. No excuses.

As a PC player, I have technical issues and I honestly did not get the game as advertised. Two can play at this game. :disapprove:

Speak for yourself mate. Havent Been playing since launch and aside from some major bug like the game not even starting at all, I have had a serious issue with the fact that it Doesn't Work fine on my PC. :disapprove:

This. 100% It's like just because it worked fine for them, we magically don't exist anymore. Well too bad, We exist! :shrug:

"no problems for me so you don't exist LOL"

:oops:like... WHAT???

I know right? :ROFLMAO:

Your computers are more than just it parts . It does not matter if you have the best parts in the world if there are other things wrong either hardware or software based

Okay well if you go to buy a car at the dealership.......

Disagree Your car example is wrong.

The devs didn't build your pc and that is what you are using to "drive" the game . The game is just a passenger.

"As a PC player, I have technical issues and I honestly did not get the game as advertised. Two can play at this game. "

Nope disagree doesn't work. as the problems you are experiencing could have nothing to do with the game .

"I don't have problems so problems don't exist"

Disagree

An example on how that can be wrong . Again the door if lots of people are walking though and you keep hitting your head because you are too tall you are are convinced its because the door is broken and refuse to fix it crouching so you can fit though.

another popular one

Well I can run this game so I should be able to run. that game

Also not true every game is built differently and will interact with your system as a whole differently so the above statement not accurate.

I believe the devs are not responsible for how it runs on ALL machines as longs as the the Majority of PC running the games at the RECOMENED or above settings can play the game it proves the game is stable . If there is a segment of the player base having tech issue I don't believe that has anything to do with the devs .

It doesn't run at all / always crashes

as longs as the the Majority of PC running the games at the RECOMENED or above settings can play the game it proves the game is stable

What score did you get on Time spy and fire strike post your screen shot.

here is mine

You have every right to believe what you want and have your own opinions but that does not mean they are " facts"

I stated mine earlier.

Last edited:
simply becae

Your computers are more than just it parts . It does not matter if you have the best parts in the world if there are other things wrong either hardware or software based

Okay well if you go to buy a car at the dealership.......

Disagree Your car example is wrong.

The devs didn't build your pc and that is what you are using to "drive" the game . The game is just a passenger.

"As a PC player, I have technical issues and I honestly did not get the game as advertised. Two can play at this game. "

Nope disagree doesn't work. as the problems you are experiencing could have nothing to do with the game .

"I don't have problems so problems don't exist"

Disagree

An example on how that can be wrong . Again the door if lots of people are walking though and you keep hitting your head because you are too tall you are are convinced its because the door is broken and refuse to fix it crouching so you can fit though.

another popular one

Well I can run this game so I should be able to run. that game

Also not true every game is built differently and will interact with your system as a whole differently so the above statement not accurate.

I believe the devs are not responsible for how it runs on ALL machines as longs as the the Majority of PC running the games at the RECOMENED or above settings can play the game it proves the game is stable . If there is a segment of the player base having tech issue I don't believe that has anything to do with the devs .

It doesn't run at all / always crashes

as longs as the the Majority of PC running the games at the RECOMENED or above settings can play the game it proves the game is stable

What score did you get on Time spy and fire strike post your screen shot.

here is mine

You have every right to believe what you want and have your own opinions but that does not mean they are " facts"

I stated mine earlier.

The positive reviews on steam almost all mention bugs. 🤷‍♂️

Console got theyr refund because the game was constantly crashing among other issues.
PC version is stable, and doesn't have many issue that the console version has.

We'll never get a refund from steam, if you already surpassed the 2 hour, deal with it.

Steam doesn't care if a game is bugged, can't progress ecc..
You have 2 hours to test it, that's it, it's mainly a feature to see if your PC can actually run the game, nothing more.

Be glad that we have a system like this in the first place.

I was one of the stupid ones who pre-ordered for PC on GOG, in hope CDPR would deliver what they promised.
Instead I get a censored down bugfest, where I can barely play 5 minutes before the next crash.
I already requested a refund, but so far support didn't even send a KMA.

Console got theyr refund because the game was constantly crashing among other issues.
PC version is stable, and doesn't have many issue that the console version has.

We'll never get a refund from steam, if you already surpassed the 2 hour, deal with it.

Steam doesn't care if a game is bugged, can't progress ecc..
You have 2 hours to test it, that's it, it's mainly a feature to see if your PC can actually run the game, nothing more.

Be glad that we have a system like this in the first place.
The positive reviews all mention bugs. The positive ones.... not sure why some are trying to act like the pc version doesnt have issues. Those funny bug videos on yt.....half that footage is from pc check the key commands on screen they are from keyboard.

Top Bottom