Pc shuts off randomly.

+
Random Loss of power 3 times now, This used to happen with mass effect andromeda, but no longer with that game.
Seems my system doesn't like playing games in the first few months of release.
Hope they fix the spikes in power draw :(

Had the same issue but it was caused by the rgb of the motherboard :D

Wow , how on Earth did you troubleshoot that one ? . I only noticed there a few moments ago that the RGB on my GPU is no longer on ,and then I read you message, I wonder is it the same issue. It was on before the last crash

Hey I seem to be getting that same issue, my pc would randomly shut off during some parts during the game and it's making me paranoid to play. (also remember having this issue mass effect Andromeda,)
Exactly what is RGB and how do we fix it? Anything I can tweak in afterburner? Other than the crashes the game runs very smooth for me on max settings even with RT

i7-3770k cpu 3.50GHz
Gefore RTX 3070
15.7 GB
1440p

Hey I seem to be getting that same issue, my pc would randomly shut off during some parts during the game and it's making me paranoid to play. (also remember having this issue mass effect Andromeda,)
Exactly what is RGB and how do we fix it? Anything I can tweak in afterburner? Other than the crashes the game runs very smooth for me on max settings even with RT

i7-3770k cpu 3.50GHz
Gefore RTX 3070
15.7 GB
1440p

RGB is the Lighting on the hardware , like fans, motherboard and graphics cards.

I don't want to jump to conclusions about your PC but if your running a system with an i7-3770k it must be an old system and im wondering what Power supply you have to run your RTX3070 and all system parts?

Have you gotten a crash log yet?

How about windows event viewer crashes? There are so many possibilities that we really need more to go on to help you

RGB is the Lighting on the hardware , like fans, motherboard and graphics cards.

I don't want to jump to conclusions about your PC but if your running a system with an i7-3770k it must be an old system and im wondering what Power supply you have to run your RTX3070 and all system parts?
It is old but I think I had updated the power supply not long ago. Apevia around 900w
I play a ton of pc games, and VR on max this is the only game that's loading my cpu at 100%
from the looks of it in the forums Im, not the only one..

I'm on i7-8700k and never drop below 50fps playing in 4k. So I think your processor is likely to be the issue unless you have other programs running

It is old but I think I had updated the power supply not long ago. Apevia around 900w
I play a ton of pc games, and VR on max this is the only game that's loading my cpu at 100%
from the looks of it in the forums Im, not the only one..

CP is very demanding. On high settings probably more demanding than most other games. I don't know if it's the power supply but I wouldn't rule it out just yet. Might also depend on what settings you are trying to play with? Lowering some of them might be worth a try...

Also, close every nonessential background application and make sure your drivers are up to date.

CDPR support can be reached here (click on contact us to send a ticket):

My 1st guess would be heat build up in your system.

Check your fans are working, check that your heatsinks are dust free and finally check the thermal compound between the CPU and its heatsink.

Could be heat. Every PC or laptop will automatically shut down if they're overheating way above the limit if I'm not mistaken

Might want to check your fans, see if it works and check for dust built-up. Usually it's the main culprit. If nothing else, maybe get your PC checked up by professional? CP2077 is currently a mess but I haven't experienced any sudden shutdown when playing this game.

Last edited:
CP is very demanding. On high settings probably more demanding than most other games. I don't know if it's the power supply but I wouldn't rule it out just yet. Might also depend on what settings you are trying to play with? Lowering some of them might be worth a try...

Also, close every nonessential background application and make sure your drivers are up to date.

CDPR support can be reached here (click on contact us to send a ticket):
I will say it does tend to happen mostly when I was live streaming on Discord, I also had firefox running in the background.. Like I said I never had any issues with other games and multitasking programs but yea CP is a bit of an anomaly so I will try that

Wow , how on Earth did you troubleshoot that one ? . I only noticed there a few moments ago that the RGB on my GPU is no longer on ,and then I read you message, I wonder is it the same issue. It was on before the last crash
I have installed the msi dragon to change the color and sync it to the keyboard etc. The pc was crashing after hour or so and the event viewer reported kernel issue (cant recall the exact id or message). Returned the rgb to default lightning and it just stopped crashing :D

If it happened with another demanding game like Mass Effect Andromeda, it might be a componant in your computer that is overheating. Some componants like the GPU, CPU or the motherboard VRM have securities that force reboot the machine if they overheat. It could also be a faulty powersuply like somebody mentioned.

Last edited:
Top Bottom