[PC] Skellide - Price Of Honor CHEST BUG

+
[PC] Skellide - Price Of Honor CHEST BUG

Greetings,

apparently the Price Of Honor quest has a bugged chest which cannot be opened.

SPOILER

Quest is about finding the bride which died in a storm and her ship sank. Once you loot the key from her two companions and go into the water to find the ship, the chest has "UNLOCK" option to press, but nothing happens. The chest is not highlighted in Witcher Sense nor anything, but it has an option to be unlocked. Apparently it is an important chest because it has a "DOWRY" which you can give to her fiance.

Please look into it :(

If anyone else has this problem, please comment in the thread so it gets noticed and fixed faster.

EDIT : Consider the matter SOLVED for normal campaign (can't say for NG+). I just checked this quest from start to finish and it worked 100%.

Opened the chest without a problem and gave the "Golden Diamond Necklace" (dowry) to the woman's husband.

Quest got fixed on Patch 1.11. for normal playthrough. Thank you CDPR :)

It might still be bugged for NG+ though.

Last edited:
Can confirm, this bug happened to me too, wanted to give the man the dowry, at the least, but oh well :(

Bug

Got the same issue PC patch 1.05 which is strange because i remember on my first play through probably 1.02 maybe 1.03 (unlikely). I finshed this quest and i could give back the dowry, meaning i was able to get the chest, i'm on my second play through because a bug on a treasure hunt that didnt gave me superior elemental oil then i've halted my progression because of xp bug on 1.04 so either 1.04 or 1.05 managed to bug this quest.

Greetings,

apparently the Price Of Honor quest has a bugged chest which cannot be opened.

SPOILER

Quest is about finding the bride which died in a storm and her ship sank. Once you loot the key from her two companions and go into the water to find the ship, the chest has "UNLOCK" option to press, but nothing happens. The chest is not highlighted in Witcher Sense nor anything, but it has an option to be unlocked. Apparently it is an important chest because it has a "DOWRY" which you can give to her fiance.

Please look into it :(

If anyone else has this problem, please comment in the thread so it gets noticed and fixed faster.

Got the same problem. Please fix asap, CDPR, I wanna finish that quest properly!

I'm still on patch 1.03 (Gog) and chest can't be opened. It doesn't highlight either with Witcher senses. Tried getting key 1st, before scene with ghosts, and still won't open. If you approach chest from sides, it says "locked". If you get right in front of it with key, it then says "unlock", but obviously won't unlock.

I saw the ship and swam out to it before reading the page, and swam down but nothing lit up, so figured it was a red herring. Wasn't until I got the key and nowhere to use it did I stumble here and saw there was an actual chest. Figures after all of that it'd be bugged. There isn't a debug code to open chests is there? Was going to resort to that as a last resort but could only find opendoor or whatever.

Last edited:
I had the same thing happen to me. I was never able to open the chest, however when i accidentally talked to the quest giver today i found that i was given the option to give him the dowry, as if i had opened the chest. Does anyone else have this?

It is only glitched in the way you can't open the chest and see what is inside. If you have come close enough to the chest for it to say unlock while holding the letter and key the dialogue option will be present to give Timmon the Dowry next time you speak to him.

ye same on 1.05 PC. read the note and swam to the wreck. chest cant be opened with key in my pocket. when takling to Timmon Geralt gives him a letter and says he didnt found anything else

Last edited:
Top Bottom