[PC] Skellide - Price Of Honor CHEST BUG

+
Same here, PS4 1.04. But screw the chest, there's a ton of other glitches that are preventing me from getting the platinum etc. right now that I have to deal with.

I followed the advice of another and it's confirmed.

You MUST get the key AND the note. Go to the chest and get right in front of it. Dialogue on chest will change from 'Locked" to "Unlock". Go ahead and try opening it a couple times when the chest actually says "Unlock". Even though it doesn't actually open or give you anything in your inventory, go back to the guy and the dialogue option to give him the dowry WILL be there.

I waited awhile and put this off with the only thing left being to talk to the guy. Once I finally got around to it after reading here about the option appearing, I went to him and it appeared. To be honest, his reaction wasn't much different. But it does work so long as you face the chest when it changes to "Unlock'.

I'm still on patch 1.03 for what it's worth.

It is only glitched in the way you can't open the chest and see what is inside. If you have come close enough to the chest for it to say unlock while holding the letter and key the dialogue option will be present to give Timmon the Dowry next time you speak to him.

I tried this, didn't worked for me, I can give him only the letter.

Screenshot form the chest with the unlock option, but it does nothing:

Attachments

• 2015-06-20_00005.jpg
    2015-06-20_00005.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 57
I tried this, didn't worked for me, I can give him only the letter.

Screenshot form the chest with the unlock option, but it does nothing:

Get directly in FRONT of the chest, NOT from the side. In front of chest is to the right in that image and facing left. It wouldn't give me the dialog option otherwise.

Only other thing I did different but identical to the other person was after getting in FRONT of chest and making sure it said unlock, was I too then went and did other quests and came back later. When talking to the guy, the option to offer him the dowry was then there. But I only went back later as I was tired of seeing it open in the quest log, so I can't say for certain that coming back later mattered or not. TBH, giving him the dowry showed no in-game impact that I could tell. His reaction was still the same "sad" reaction. But being on patch 1.03, getting directly in FRONT of the chest WITH the key and letter (be sure to READ letter from inventory) and then trying to open it several times, then going to the guy later and the option was there.

I scoured console commands online and couldn't find anything relating to "dowry" so it's possible they forgot to even add the item, which might be why the chest never opens. But I also had nothing added to the inventory either, so the fact the option eventually appeared, might be something with a flag triggering as if you actually opened it. Maybe they forgot to add the chest open animation, who knows. Think the fact the game has been out a month and these little bugs still aren't fixed really pisses me off. They've sold at least 4 million copies, and at $50 a pop (I'm being generous here as the game actually costs more) that's $200,000,000 they've raked in minimum. Why they haven't hired a team of coders to finally polish this game is a big fuck you to those us that played all the way through. Like they can't afford to hire 50 to 100 coders at $50k for a year to fix this bull shit.

I have reported this bug with a savegame, so I hope they will fix it in 1.07 patch, but hey, it's not a game breaking bug so no need to fuss about it. Devs already got their hands on lots of stuff they need to work on.

there are a lot of bugged chests in this game... some of them don't have anything (even missing IMPORTANT items) like this one in the Wolf School Scavenger quest... it should contain a fucking key item, but it doesn't... Witcher Senses show as it's completely looted.

Attachments

• bug_chest.jpg
    bug_chest.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 64
Same here. Tried every position to the chest, exept from below..... NOT WORKING..... | PC 1.06

I have reported this bug with a savegame, so I hope they will fix it in 1.07 patch, but hey, it's not a game breaking bug so no need to fuss about it. Devs already got their hands on lots of stuff they need to work on.

Then they must have broken it after 1.03. Or the fact the other guy and myself hit the "Unlock" text then did other quests and revisited the guy later (talking over 20 hours later in my case after much was completed) and the option appeared. In my case, chest still wasn't appearing with Witcher senses at all (not yellow nor red).

The game is 100% complete-able on 1.03 with video driver 352.86. If reading this for 1st time, do NOT update beyond 1.03.

I too am waiting for 1.07 for this hopefully to be solved. And by waiting, I mean actually waiting and not playing Witcher 3. This is the third time something has made me have to wait to play Witcher 3, and while I love the game, these constant waits are really killing my enthusiasm. At this point I'm REALLY glad I didn't buy the season pass. The games been out for too long for it to still have these sorts of bugs, and the rate of patching has slowed to a crawl. We still don't even have any official news on 1.07 outside of "it's gana be big." Well, honestly, please make it smaller. Just fix the stuff that actually needs fixing. And if the stuff that actually needs fixing necessitates a "big" patch, well than you released your game too early without doing enough quality assurance. I've been a pretty adamant supporter of CDPR since Witcher 1's launch, despite all the bugs and the bad translation and what not. But I'm starting to tire of constantly having to back a company that's really not all that much better than any other company. They release really, really broken, buggy games and are slow to patch it. It's getting really frustrating,

Still happening to me on patch 1.07 PS4.

The chest isn't highlighted with witcher senses but 'unlock' appears. Won't open.

Wont open with 1.07 on PC either. I guess they must have missed/forgot this quest. It is only a side quest after-all.

Still bugged in 1.07, come on CDPR, it's not like this hasn't been known since this thread started LONG ago.

Yep. PC patch 1.07, won't work. Considering using the debug console to get the dowry just so i can move on. I hope it can be fixed properly for everyone soon.

Top Bottom