[PC] Skellide - Price Of Honor CHEST BUG

+
Can also confirm the presence of this bug in version 1.07, PC.

Chest is not highlighted by witcher senses.
"Press E to Unlock" does appear, but is non responsive from any position around the chest.

Cannot confirm if completing the quest without mentioning the dowry works.
Cannot confirm if using the debug menu to gain the dowry is functional as a work around.

If anyone does find a work around prior to this issue being patched, I'd appreciate it if they let us know.

Also confirm I have this bug and only have Unlock option and can;t open it. Also the chest is not highlighted for the quest either.

This is with Patch 1.07 PC Steam version.

Yep, it's still bugged as of 1.07 for PC. Just noticed it last night when I try to open the chest.

Just checking here to see if 1.07 fixed this problem. I've been waiting to finish this quest for a while. But I guess I'll keep waiting.

Yup same here on PS4! I hope it will get fix on 1.08 so i could finish this game already, im delaying my playthrough until all or most of the bugs are fixed!

Hello everyone,

Same here, just to confirm you can't open the chest on 1.07

FYI, I tried picking up the letter and the key and go directly to the chest without examinating the other dead guy that triggers the last objective but it didn't fix the problem.

Problem is still here. Wasn't fixed in 1.08 apparently.
No big deal in fact. You'll get an option to tell fiance about the dowry after hanging around that locked chest.

Last edited:
Yep, the 1.08 version still has not fixed this locked chest for the PC version. As a matter of fact the dialogue for the chest is now completely removed. So even if you swim up to it you can't even see the locked/unlocked option anymore. However before you could see this option in the previous builds.

Problem is still here. Wasn't fixed in 1.08 apparently.
No big deal in fact. You'll get an option to tell fiance about the dowry after hanging around that locked chest.

Funny I was swimming around the chest for a couple of minutes and tried to turn in the quest with no new dialogue options. Geralt just turns over the letter and say's there was nothing else. Not saying you are wrong it's just that I did not get anything new. Well I guess this quest is still going stay in my log till either the quest is fixed, or they removed the key in a latter patch.

And it's still bugged in 1.10 (PC).
I could open the chest and get about 200 orens from it, but when I speak to a man, Geralt doesn't have option to give him the money. He just says that he found the letter only :C

And it's still bugged in 1.10 (PC).
I could open the chest and get about 200 orens from it, but when I speak to a man, Geralt doesn't have option to give him the money. He just says that he found the letter only :C

I first found this thread when I couldn't unlock the chest back on about patch 1.06. After installing 1.10 and Hearts of Stone today, I went back to the chest location and could open it (inside it for me was a "gold diamond necklace", not 200 orens). After returning to the brother, I was able to give him the letter and the necklace.

I just checked the quest from start to finish and works 100%.

Had no issues with the chest nor giving the necklace (dowry) to woman's husband.

This is on PC patch 1.11.

I just checked the quest from start to finish and works 100%.

Had no issues with the chest nor giving the necklace (dowry) to woman's husband.

This is on PC patch 1.11.

Are you on NG+ or not? I just tried to do this quest on NG+ and the chest won't open, can't see it with Witcher-vision either.

Top Bottom