PC specs and benchmarks DISCUSSION

+
Bought two 970s today for SLI. I hope it can pull it off with everything on Ultra with around 50-60 fps or close :)

Hi there. New to the forums. :)I've got a pretty decent gaming laptop. Acer Aspire V17 Nitro, i7-4710HQ, Nvidia GTX 860m (overclocked), 16GB RAM. Currently running the Witcher 3 on mostly high and medium settings at 1920x1080 resolution (only bloom, sharpening, and light shafts turned on in postprocessing), and I'm achieving 30-40 FPS on average, which was a nice surprise to me. I thought for sure I'd need to scale most everything down to medium and low in order for the game to be playable. I'm still in the prologue area, so it remains to be seen if I'll be able to hold 30 FPS at these settings further into the game, but for now, I'm rather pleased.

rofl XD
well i wish you best of luck friend. pushing the limits of old hardware was something i was very used to, and i'm confident you can do the same. XD
still remember playing skyrim with a nvidia geforce GS 8400 with everything low and a resolution of 800*600 XDD
ah good times 8D

I made it run with around 20 fps in 480x300 custom resolution. If we can actually enlarge the text by a patch later it will be surprisingly a pleasant experience for me too since I can completely eradicate all the hud as well which means I will be seeing more despite the resolution XD.

Last edited:
Hi there. New to the forums. :)I've got a pretty decent gaming laptop. Acer Aspire V17 Nitro, i7-4710HQ, Nvidia GTX 860m (overclocked), 16GB RAM. Currently running the Witcher 3 on mostly high and medium settings at 1920x1080 resolution (only bloom, sharpening, and light shafts turned on in postprocessing), and I'm achieving 30-40 FPS on average, which was a nice surprise to me. I thought for sure I'd need to scale most everything down to medium and low in order for the game to be playable. I'm still in the prologue area, so it remains to be seen if I'll be able to hold 30 FPS at these settings further into the game, but for now, I'm rather pleased.

oi oi you there stop before you fly away, i have a stock 860m , can you tellme the performance you get with it @ 1080p. Also can you recommend the best setting for 1080p 30fps?

thanks!

---------- Updated at 04:51 PM ----------

I made it run with around 20 fps in 480x300 custom resolution. If we can actually enlarge the text by a patch later it will be surprisingly a pleasant experience for me too since I can completely eradicate all the hud as well

behold the true advantage of the master race!

playable on an 8yr old card!

Good job mate

Interesting. How much do you overclock your gtx860m?I have similar hardware (i7-4810mq, nvidia gtx 860m, 8gb ram) and I can only run 30-40fps in medium to high settings at 1600x900 resolution with almost no post processing.I`m quite happy with how the game looks like, but any improvements would be welcome if possible

I made it run with around 20 fps in 480x300 custom resolution. If we can actually enlarge the text by a patch later it will be surprisingly a pleasant experience for me too since I can completely eradicate all the hud as well which means I will be seeing more despite the resolution XD.

man that sounds pretty epic XDDD

oh and you could check this thread out : http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/36088-A-compendium-of-tweaks-and-fixes-for-the-PC-version
very useful for those who have trouble with the performance on their system ^^
it'll probably help you with getting more out of your GPU (maybe ?)

I would be interested in seeing feedback from other GTX 760 users as well, especially if they have had good results tweaking various settings. Last night I figured I should be able to play on High settings @1080p with around 40-45fps but in practice I had to lock my FPS to 30 with hairworks off (I'll have to confirm other settings when I get off work). Before locking I was seeing between 25-~45fps but the visual disconnect when frames dropped was...awful. Sub 30 frame drops rarely occurred after limiting myself to 30 compared to 60fps limit (didn't try unlimited). May not be a big deal but I only tweaked settings during the intro scene (Geralt in the bathtub) before finally limiting myself to 30 and playing the game. i5-4690k @3.5GHz 16GB ram GTX 760 4GB

behold the true advantage of the master race!

playable on an 8yr old card!

Good job mate

It's only 4 years old. I am still mad about the conole parity downgrades regardless. I don't have the best rig but eventually I will upgrade one day anyway and will be able to enjoy it in its full glory.

---------- Updated at 05:21 PM ----------

man that sounds pretty epic XDDD

oh and you could check this thread out : http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/36088-A-compendium-of-tweaks-and-fixes-for-the-PC-version
very useful for those who have trouble with the performance on their system ^^
it'll probably help you with getting more out of your GPU (maybe ?)

Yeah, thanks, checking it out, even 1 extra frame counts :D.

Nice :) It does feel smooth I admit, no framedrops. Without the fps counter I'd say it was higher than 30 for sure. Sometimes fps counters do weird things lol. I haven't tried hbao+ or hairworks and tbh I can see my system choking with that on. Though I have yet to apply my overclock profile and test it.

Are you on 3440x1440 too?

Yep, 3440X1440 with LG34UC97, But I've over clocked the GPU though, +112 power limits +140 core clock and +405 Memory clock, my CPU is i5 4670k btw

I'm going to tweak the graphic for higher LOD and shadow quality and turn down the hairwork for the creatures, honestly, during combat I can't focus on the hair effect at all. So I'd rather have better LOD and shadow etc

It's only 4 years old. I am still mad about the conole parity downgrades regardless. I don't have the best rig but eventually I will upgrade one day anyway and will be able to enjoy it in its full glory.

---------- Updated at 05:21 PM ----------

Yeah, thanks, checking it out, even 1 extra frame counts :D.

i remember buying a 9500gt my first gpu 6yr ago

---------- Updated at 05:24 PM ----------

Interesting. How much do you overclock your gtx860m?I have similar hardware (i7-4810mq, nvidia gtx 860m, 8gb ram) and I can only run 30-40fps in medium to high settings at 1600x900 resolution with almost no post processing.I`m quite happy with how the game looks like, but any improvements would be welcome if possible

before you sir fly away too, can you tell me howmuch you can do @ 1080p 25- 30 fps? thanks!

i remember buying a 9500gt my first gpu 6yr ago---------- Updated at 05:24 PM ----------before you sir fly away too, can you tell me howmuch you can do @ 1080p 25- 30 fps? thanks!
Do you mean how often by how much? Sorry, English not excellent :pGot pretty much EVERYTHING on low settings, except details and textures and I think I olny had Blur on. Still, I can`t bear less than 30 fps, so I didn`t get past the prelude at those settings

Would an AMD FX-8350 and GTX970 be enough for a stable run on HIGH? What do you guys say?

I have a GTX970 and I'm running about half the settings at Ultra and half at High. I haven't done proper benchmarking yet because I don't have Fraps installed at the moment, so I'm just eyeballing it and you should probably take this with a grain of salt, but I'm getting a very decent framerate (if I had to guess, usually around 50FPS at least) this way, so GTX970 with all settings at high should run smoothly.

Getting ~40 fps, drops to 35 in few places (I haven't been to Novigrad yet)
Everything on Ultra, Hairworks on.
i5 2500K, 3,3 Ghz, 970 G1 Gaming (a little bit overclocked), 8 GB ram

Would an AMD FX-8350 and GTX970 be enough for a stable run on HIGH? What do you guys say?

I run an i7 with a 970gtx @1080
Most settings on high, hair works on full, and a few tweaks that I don't care too much about and I've benchmarked in Fraps in a couple of locations: from first ghoul fight to village, walking on horseback. And walking out of village, through water, swimming + underwater, sign usages and then into forest.
Both benchmarks returned avg fps of 58-59 with lows of 43 ish.
I would say 90% of the time I'm running 60fps.

I7 5820k with 8gb ram, 970 in SLI, I get around 60-70 fps with everything maxed out at 1440p, except hairworks which is off. It's a beautiful game, full of little touches like a painted tavern which adds to the atmosphere, and the music is to die for, thanks CDPR!

I7-4790K, 16 GB, GTX 980, 1140p.

All setting Ultra & hair works off; Getting between 40-50 fps

Last edited:
I would be interested in seeing feedback from other GTX 760 users as well, especially if they have had good results tweaking various settings. Last night I figured I should be able to play on High settings @1080p with around 40-45fps but in practice I had to lock my FPS to 30 with hairworks off (I'll have to confirm other settings when I get off work). Before locking I was seeing between 25-~45fps but the visual disconnect when frames dropped was...awful. Sub 30 frame drops rarely occurred after limiting myself to 30 compared to 60fps limit (didn't try unlimited). May not be a big deal but I only tweaked settings during the intro scene (Geralt in the bathtub) before finally limiting myself to 30 and playing the game. i5-4690k @3.5GHz 16GB ram GTX 760 4GB

Hello! EVGA GTX 760 2GB Overclocked Edition user here...

Same issue as you my CPU is a i5-3570k. NVIDIA said in geforce forums that is looking into it... I play GTA V on 4k and 30 fps and i cant even play 45 fps here on 1080p

I'm using a gtx 760 2 GB too - I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but rolling back the driver to the previous version (GTA 5 Driver) increased my FPS for some reason... At the moment, it hovers around a pretty stable 40fps on tweaked high (a couple of settings - such as foliage distance and shadows on medium, no hairworks) - it's worth a shot!
I would have though there would be some better performance out of it, I think it's quite a capable card for 1080p but the Maxwell line certainly seem to have an edge here (e.g. gtx 960)

I also wondered if anyone knew if it was possible to tweak hairworks in the .ini settings? I saw it mentioned that the MSAA involved was a killer - is there any way to disable that so as to have the moving hair? It's a killer setting for sure but it is gorgeous!

Top Bottom