PC specs and benchmarks DISCUSSION

+
Well, even a 970 will be hardly enough to play on ultra, never even mind Hairworks and the patch seems to have changed a lot, including the colors.

Guys here it is... before patch vs after patch with sweetfx... im happy now!

Sorry, how do you know the newer image has a SweetFX profile applied? Did it say in the article? Or are you just guessing?

I did it myself :) Not on the actual pc game... cuz I don't have one - but yes - with sweet fx it will look like this - if you want ofc :). It reminds me of 2014 gameplay now :)

looking at this screenshot - isnt this simply another time of day!? - the only diffrence i see is that there is no sunset ;)

texture quality seems exactly the same..
well good to know we get the animated water back at least

That's quite a hit with the hairworks. But it's nice to see even with that on, the 970 can maintain a stable 30 fps. One question though, is HBAO+ on when showing the fps with the hairworks? How's the performance when you turn both on?

I've got a GTX 970 and according to PCGH I should get a minimum of 40fps. If that's true I'm happy. Looks like version 1.02 is indeed pushing the PC harder than the preview version. And people with more expensive setups (GTX 980 or SLI) will be able to play at higher framerate and with Hair Works.

I watched a bit of the livestream of version 1.02 today and at parts it looks really awesome. Especially the changing weather effects. Can't wait until 1AM to play it a bit myself.

Where my post disappeared ? anyway here it is again.

Those guys know how to hit Nvidia hard

MSI GTX 970 Gaming/3,5+0,5G :D

And no mention of GTX 980 ? :facepalm:

Still it's good to see that it runs almost same on 290X and 970, good news for AMD users :)

There is a lot of differences. Time of the day is very similar - look at the shadows. The other thing is AO on foliage... draw distance, reduction of the fog. Contrast of the lights. They have changed the yellow tint somehow... reduced it a lot... or the yellow tint was tied with distance and fog... idk. But i'm very happy now :).
Taking in consideration that we propably can mod it via xml files further... wow! it might be so good :)

Does anyone knows the size of both the unlock patch and the day 1 patch?
If they are integrated in each other, then still what is the size?
Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Mara

Those guys know how to hit Nvidia hard

MSI GTX 970 Gaming/3,5+0,5G :D

Well, that's just how it is. It would be a bad benchmark if they listed a 3.5 GB card as having 4 GB of VRAM. I hope we will see CPU benchmarks soon.

Edit: About the GTX 980. They are still updating the benchmarks with new cards, so wait a bit and it should appear. The 980 is simply not popular in Germany so they are focusing on the cards that more of their users have.

Last edited:
Well, we can choose 3 types of hairworks - off / only geralt / on

I think hbao+ + only geralt hairworks gonna be playable on gtx970

v1.02 patch seems to fixed the colour palette. Now the game looks closer to 35min video colour palette (the reviewer used the same savefile for both 1.01 and 1.02 patch at exactly the same TOD)

I won't get my new PC for at least a month anyway. I'm wondering whether I can run the game with a 560 Ti at an acceptable framerate on low settings / 1080p. No words on that it seems.

lol.. according to these benchmarks it runs like pos .. and considering the level of downgrade made, well,,it's pretty hilarious and it speaks volumes..
Tbh it was expected...

Top Bottom