PC specs and benchmarks DISCUSSION

+
Well, we can choose 3 types of hairworks - off / only geralt / on

I think hbao+ + only geralt hairworks gonna be playable on gtx970

Well, wouldn't sacrifice almost 10 fps for a visual upgrade, that is hard to recognize in the first place. Hairworks seems to be a PR thing, in my opinion and nothing that makes sense for normal systems at this point.

lol.. according to these benchmarks it runs like pos .. and considering the level of downgrade made, well,,it's pretty hilarious and it speaks volumes..
Tbh it was expected...

It basically tells you, that the graphics from previous videos aren't doable on normal systems, they also upgraded the graphics compared to the footage before the patch, color included.

by now it seems, that TW3 pretty much reaches the limits of what single GPU systems can do, even on 1080p.

Last edited:
Wait, wait, wait... WHO says they can see no difference with the Day 1 Patch applied?! Mr. Magoo?

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/commoncfm/comparison/indexb2.cfm?id=125702

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/commoncfm/comparison/indexb2.cfm?id=125693

There IS a difference, please look a little closer if you really think so. Additionally, the wind-dependant water-tesselation is back as well, just like the sign- and movement-dependancy. A complete list should come soon.

There are very few differences judging by the images alone: in the first, ONLY water and the colder temperature of the colours (less yellowish) which we don't know if it's determined by a different hour of the day/sky. In the second ONLY the dry grass and shadowing on the trees on the left (which again might be due to different in game lighting CIRCUIMSTANCES).

Now differences on ground, AO, textures are completely non-existant. I'm not saying this to criticize. We cannot judge the effects of the patch (which will indeed be minimal following some common sense) from just a couple of screenshots however

I am too towards the colder temperature showed in the trailers, think it's more natural and fitting, maybe a tad more tiring for the eyes and this could have played a role in the devs' choices

Last edited:
I really hope that the Patch 1.02 fixes this, but have you guys noticed Johnny, (the lil guy from the trailers with the owl eyes, aka godling) In the original trailers he looked great, but now in the game they put this weird shine sheen on his body, like too much lighting, making him look 'wet' or 'rubbery'... I don't understand these changes. lol

Is anisotropic filtering also in this game or do u need to manuel overide it on 16x in the nvidia control panel, i knew the witcher 2 had not af, but how about the witcher 3?

@Laphin don't know what you have seen, but I noticed the "wet" effect in the game is rendered the way you are describing (translucent effect and many reflections on the body). Maybe you have simply seen a scene where Johnny is wet :)

There are very few differences judging by the images alone: in the first, ONLY water and the colder temperature of the colours (less yellowish) which we don't know if it's determined by a different hour of the day/sky. In the second ONLY the dry grass and shadowing on the trees on the left (which again might be due to different in game lighting CIRCUIMSTANCES).

Now differences on ground, AO, textures are completely non-existant. I'm not saying this to criticize. We cannot judge the effects of the patch (which will indeed be minimal following some common sense) from just a couple of screenshots however

I am too towards the colder temperature showed in the trailers, think it's more natural and fitting, maybe a tad more tiring for the eyes and this could have played a role in the devs' choices

Heh. Maybe it comes with expirience. I see a big difference apart the yellow tint. But this is how the world works. Some peope hera better audio some don't or cant distinguish. Just life. Not criticising you - there is difference you just might not be able to see it. And it's ok. I can see it and this is what matters to me.

most major change I can see in those day one patch comparisons besides a slight increase in LOD and what might be an improvement in the color, is a vignette. its good to see since the vignette, although a feature that was in the XML already, I haven't seen since the 2014 build. I wasn't expecting any noticeable change with the patch, I suspect allot of it was intended for improving the games performance. In about 11 hours people will be able to tell for themselves.

That is much better, provided the indoor lighting is similarly improved (for example, in the comparison of the tavern scene where you meet Djikstra where the lighting was way to bright for indoors and seemed to emanate from nowhere...) then I'm now happy with it. No it doesn't have chimney smoke (that I can see), or assets covering sharp wall corners, and we don't know if this has affected reflections...

But seeing as they clearly have the assets for those things, I would be very surprised (given their commitment to a large number of free dlcs containing content they couldn't get finished in time) if they didn't release these to the community, if not as a free dlc then at least as assets for modders to use, possibly in the REDkit.

In short, there was a downgrade, it was caused by consoles, but from what I can see, they're doing their best to fix that. Good on them, I hope they manage it and manage to maintain their reputation.

If the game looks like my previous gif - I will be happy. For sure we can mod it even further in xml.

It looks like all this hate has made them do something - it is very good. We might see even more things tonight...

The reviewer said time of day is the same as they managed to load their previous save file. So I'm pretty sure the 1.02 brought back the older colour palette

Attachments

• mother_of_god_in_hd_by_lemmino-d64ndao.png
    mother_of_god_in_hd_by_lemmino-d64ndao.png
    93.5 KB · Views: 44
He did.

And the Grafics are the same, just another filter added. It looks a little bit better, but still not enough to make me happy.

I think in motion it will look awesome.

The additional LOD and draw distance + light change - is about 20% of perfomance. I'm happy with that.

They made the game better looking and more demanding, that's what people wanted. Now you need a high end PC if you want to max it out. :p Or just turn down the settings until you get the framerates of the preview version.

Lol so that means under full HD u only get 60 fps with titan x, whats gong on here cd projekt red ? xD

That's why The Witcher 3 bundle promotion was not available on Titan X so people will buy 970/980 for the game and then Titan X for 60 fps :hai:

So, that's mysterious day one patch eh? Well, at least we have resolution, frame rates, hairworks and draw distance. Amazing features I tell ya.

Top Bottom