PC specs and benchmarks DISCUSSION

+
Heh. Maybe it comes with expirience. I see a big difference apart the yellow tint. But this is how the world works. Some peope hera better audio some don't or cant distinguish. Just life. Not criticising you - there is difference you just might not be able to see it. And it's ok. I can see it and this is what matters to me.

I'm able to see everything indeed, I have a fine eye for details, in life, not just on a screen. And I can tell you that my experience from the last many many years is that the majority of gamers have a fervid imagination when it comes to find differences where are none or are given from an image which isn't perfectly the same.
Anyway no one is going to win, for me you have a fervid imagination, for you I'm not able to spot details. That's life, too :)

I told you guys lol. Every time people were speculating about the reported frame rate the last few days from the preview sites. I said "The game's visuals look bugged in all of these preview builds for PC, I bet the performance is not what they're reporting, because graphical features aren't enabling correctly"

Obviously, I'm not happy about less performance. I'm rightly screwed at 1440p lol. But, hopefully they fixed the problems at least. Plus the much better color correction, not that orange-saturated mess ;p

Last edited:
They made the game better looking and more demanding, that's what people wanted. Now you need a high end PC if you want to max it out. :p Or just turn down the settings until you get the framerates of the preview version.

I think so too. Just unlock everything and let people choose. That is the point of pc gaming.

Imagine that this is also with no HBAO+ and Hairworks, put that one and u get even lower fps xD :p
I think i should be oke with my gtx 980 sli set-up but still i expected a bit better fps.

i don't understand this benchmark. And only deutch bench ? seriously ? only deutch speak this language.

It is a german site so it makes sense that its in german.

OT: Well draw distance is higher and AO is working now so the performance hit was to be expected. Hairworks seems like an absolute frameratekiller, no wonder there isn't any other AA option besides on and off. Now there is still the question if its fxaa or smaa. I like that its a bit more desaturated now looked horrible before tbh.

Ah ha! I knew it was a good idea to get a Titan X! It looks like they really are optimizing the PC version to the last second. Maybe they'll keep improving the graphics through patches, that would be amazing.

I think in motion it will look awesome.

The additional LOD and draw distance + light change - is about 20% of perfomance. I'm happy with that.

I wish nothing more that you are right. I wait for this Game since first Word. Witcher is one of my all time favorites. It saddens me that this whole Grafics Stuff is Topic. Hell i thought my first Post here would be to thank CDRP for their work. In my Eyes the Dev´s who work on the Game are Artists, almost Genius. To bad the Promotion Staff of CDRP arent that skilled.

I'm able to see everything indeed, I have a fine eye for details, in life, not just on a screen. And I can tell you that my experience from the last many many years is that the majority of gamers have a fervid imagination when it comes to find differences where are none or are given from an image which isn't perfectly the same.
Anyway no one is going to win, for me you have a fervid imagination, for you I'm not able to spot details. That's life, too :)

Fine! It's subjective. The lod etc is there - they changed it, confirmed it... and I can easily tell you that there is a lot more detail visible in the far. You can missinterpret "a lot more" - ofc it is a detail - but a important one. As you probably know the devil is in the details - always.

Last edited:
Imagine that this is also with no HBAO+ and Hairworks, put that one and u get even lower fps xD :p

The PCGH benchmark shows both HBAO+ off (aus) and on (an). There is very little difference in performance between SSAO and HBAO+. There are also benchmarks for Hairworks.

The recommended settings guarantee mid-high option. In other words - PS4 quality with the same framerate on pc. Everything above that needs a good investment, which most people can't afford. Also let's not forget the launch of W2. Few people could max it out at the time. Ubersampling still cripples a lot of systems 4 years later. You don't have to max a game to enjoy it.

ahahhahahahahah XD 50 fps with a titan x (60 w/o hairworks)XD ahahahahahhahah XD ....... is it a consol porting ??XD well after all a gtx 970 can achieve 30 fps (40 w/o harworks)........AHAHHAHAHAAHAHHAH XD it sounds like a consol porting XD ahahah .....guys come on XD this is sadly hilarious !

Ok, and now why are people surprised that the perfomance is more demanding?.. patches made the game look better, so you were expecting that its going to run better? You wanted better graphics, and that's the price for that.. I must say that the scene with Novigrad now looks way better than before patches were out.. I personally would like even more better stuff in future patches.. more tessellation, higher draw distance, better lighting indoors, better water, blood decals on water, better foliage, etc.. that would be great and so far CD Projekt are on the right track with the so far released patches

Top Bottom