PC specs and benchmarks DISCUSSION

+
Isn't that a "Slap Across The Face" ? Should be :D

I certainly hope so. I still have to see this for myself, even if my computer can't handle it, just to be able to say I was wrong about how cdpr fooled us ;)

My "black box" savings could very well be emptied sooner than I expected...

People cry downgrade -> CDPR up the graphics in a patch.
People cry about the loss of performance due to upped graphics.

What world do we live? You wanted better graphics you have them, but you have to accept a performance hit as the cost of it, or play at lower settings. That is simple logic.

What world do we live? You wanted better graphics you have them, but you have to accept a performance hit as the cost of it, or play at lower settings. That is simple logic.

Nobody is crying for performance hit mate, they are actually happy to get their machines melted. This is how PC gamers enjoy :D

We all wanted a new "Crysis" (as for gpu crushing :) ) and it seems we got it. Plus, i feel more is yet to come.
I thought it was going to be this way when i red this:
https://twitter.com/MilezZx/status/595301948347326464

But now i see people complaining about "poor performance".
We' ve got options to set, if our hardware is not powerful enough. That' s the beauty, and cross, of pc gaming.
Haters gonna hate, they say. :)

I'm not sure that people are fully aware of the changes in the settings. They actually complains because before, it was running smoothly in Ultra, and now Ultra is giving bad perf result. But no one cared to explain that old Ultra is now Very High, and that Ultra is now a new setting.

It's really really BAD communication from CDPR. They should have handled things very differently (and they could have... I'm still wondering why they didn't...)

Its 2 different groups - that's why. The one group is excited to push the 'elite' rigs to the max, and then the 'high' end group still wants to push ULTRA, but they don't realize the ULTRA that 'once was' - is now high / very high settings. Its a misunderstanding / confusion with all the things that are changing - because of the outcry from the 'elite' rig PC guys.

Just my 2 cents.

---------- Updated at 02:10 PM ----------

I'm not sure that people are fully aware of the changes in the settings. They actually complains because before, it was running smoothly in Ultra, and now Ultra is giving bad perf result. But no one cared to explain that old Ultra is now Very High, and that Ultra is now a new setting.

It's really really BAD communication from CDPR. They should have handled things very differently (and they could have... I'm still wondering why they didn't...)

Being that it's a few hours before release, I'm sure they aren't too focused on giving us answers - and being that they haven't been at this level as a company before... This is most likely why the PR is lacking and staying silent.

Its 2 different groups - that's why. The one group is excited to push the 'elite' rigs to the max, and then the 'high' end group still wants to push ULTRA, but they don't realize the ULTRA that 'once was' - is now high / very high settings. Its a misunderstanding / confusion with all the things that are changing - because of the outcry from the 'elite' rig PC guys.

Just my 2 cents.

Sounds logical.

+220/+540 ? Whoa you're a beast man ! I was at +150/+500 and was experiencing some artifacts on my screen with +87 mV (if I remember correctly).
Did I do anything wrong ?

What games are you experiencing the artifacts? Maybe try OC'ing again now that the new nvidia drivers are out, mine runs even better now after I downloaded it this morning. TBH I recieved the msi970 a couple days ago so havn't stressed it out with a full days gaming yet but the games I did load with these settings did run ok.

I use Valley as a gpu stress tester, If I was to push the core clock higher I experience stuttering, but Ive just hit the sweet spot.

Being that it's a few hours before release, I'm sure they aren't too focused on giving us answers - and being that they haven't been at this level as a company before... This is most likely why the PR is lacking and staying silent.

This should have been handled weeks ago. It may have prevented all the Downgrade drama from happening.

I kinda agree. Nvidia's own performance post came out before anyone had the review version +D1 Patch and now its basically entirely obsolete at this point. Seems like a case of "left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing".

Edit: Disregard my last comment. Performance guide was only just released, the obsolete one is the "is your system ready post".
http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/gu...-hunt-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide

Last edited:

I don' t know, i think CDPR are more jokers than we think they are.

I for one am very happy this is happening. We are getting the hardware melting game we wanted. Anyone unhappy should just dial back from the new Ultra to old Ultra/high and problem is solved. From the looks of I'll max out the game and be just above 30fps at 1080p, which is more than enough for me.

This horrid communication about the "parity" and the PC version may be the reason why the last 4-5 days before the release of the most anticipated game of 2015 have become a stupid shitstorm about a PC graphics downgrade. And I would like to blame the amount of haters, the obsessive grahic whores looking for details to start the polemic threads and coping all posts about the game with that... but actually I have to thank them. Because if not for them, CDPR was releasing (and still are releasing) something far from promised, and shown in 2014.

If I am fed up of this, most of the blame goes on CDPR. They haven't clearly shown what they are planning to implement in the definitive Ultra PC version. They haven't had the "balls" to say "ok, our latest version on PC looks identical to PS4, but on release it will look like... this".

I couldn't blame the only people who, hungry for controversy as they may be, are the only ones who tried to inform me as a player of what I am going to play tonight, because CDPR seemed to be too busy to clarify where had the 2014 assets gone and what are we going to finally see in-game.

This should have been handled weeks ago. It may have prevented all the Downgrade drama from happening.

This horrid communication about the "parity" and the PC version may be the reason why the last 4-5 days before the release of the most anticipated game of 2015 have become a stupid shitstorm about a PC graphics downgrade. And I would like to blame the amount of haters, the obsessive grahic whores looking for details to start the polemic threads and coping all posts about the game with that... but actually I have to thank them. Because if not for them, CDPR was releasing (and still are releasing) something far from promised, and shown in 2014.

If I am fed up of this, most of the blame goes on CDPR. They haven't clearly shown what they are planning to implement in the definitive Ultra PC version. They haven't had the "balls" to say "ok, our latest version on PC looks identical to PS4, but on release it will look like... this".

I couldn't blame the only people who, hungry for controversy as they may be, are the only ones who tried to inform me as a player of what I am going to play tonight, because CDPR seemed to be too busy to clarify where had the 2014 assets gone and what are we going to finally see in-game.

I agree. :D

No, the "new" ultra rendering settings are higher than the preview builds, as they were originally higher than the ps4 version nonetheless.

The new ultra additions puts the GTX 770 below 30 fps (22-25fps), so all of those probably need to be dialed back to achieve a framerate above 30 which pretty much means visuals and performance equal to the PS4 version.

For comparison to the German article here's PC Gamer's just published take:

http://www.pcgamer.com/witcher-3-graphics-options-performance-and-settings/

He's using a 970 with a I5-2500k at 4.3 ghz and he's getting (for those who'd rather not read the article) 40-50 fps on Ultra but he gets an additional 5-10 by disabling Hairworks. He cruises to 60 fps if he also drops shadows to HIGH. It sounds from this that if you tweak it you can get 60 fps on some Ultra settings. I have a better cpu (3570k) so I was happy to see these results. I don't see where he lists the resolution but I am going to assume it's 1080p.

About the last benchmarks..

http://www.pcgamer.com/witcher-3-graphics-options-performance-and-settings/

Gtx 970
16 GB Ram
i5 2500K Stock

Ultra 40-50 Fps // 30 Fps in some circunstances, maybe will be patched and stays on the 40-50 Limit

Turning down shadows from Ultra to high, almost not noticeable and Hairworks off , 60 Fps

I still have hope for good performance and patches to improve the framerate

and take note, maybe you can touch things a little like shadows and things like that,and you maybe get the 50-60fps, at least while we don`t have more patches to optimizate

Last edited:
People raged that graphics weren't good enough, CDPR ups graphic fidelity , now people rage that the FPS too low :D good stuff.

Top Bottom