PC specs and benchmarks DISCUSSION

+
You have to keep in mind that the Ultra before Day 1 Patch is now very High and the new Ultra is just there to crush PC rigs. ^^

i will guess so but you need to try it out .. you have a good amount of ram so that helps very much with caching data and a good gpu ..

I don't feel like this at all.

Throughout the whole debacle, I rarely remember seeing anything that hadn't been addressed by CDPR devs in interviews or on this website already. Like that 'wall corner' everyone was thrashing about online; they stated months ago was a visual bug that'd already been sorted. It's hardly their fault their responses are either ignored or twisted.

They've even stated multiple times that we wouldn't see full ultra gameplay from them until release. Now we're hearing that hours before release the latest patch seems to have boosted top-end PC graphics beyond what we'd seen.

There's only been an issue if you've missed, ignored, or assumed everything a CDPR dev says is a lie.

For comparison to the German article here's PC Gamer's just published take:

http://www.pcgamer.com/witcher-3-graphics-options-performance-and-settings/

He's using a 970 with a I5-2500k at 4.3 ghz and he's getting (for those who'd rather not read the article) 40-50 fps on Ultra but he gets an additional 5-10 by disabling Hairworks. He cruises to 60 fps if he also drops shadows to HIGH. It sounds from this that if you tweak it you can get 60 fps on some Ultra settings. I have a better cpu (3570k) so I was happy to see these results. I don't see where he lists the resolution but I am going to assume it's 1080p.

From the first reviews that came out it was established that Witcher 3 is not really CPU bound and entirely dependent on a good graphics card. I doubt that has changed, even with the new ultra settings.

I don't feel like this at all.

Throughout the whole debacle, I rarely remember seeing anything that hadn't been addressed by CDPR devs in interviews or on this website already. Like that 'wall corner' everyone was thrashing about online; they stated months ago was a visual bug that'd already been sorted. It's hardly their fault their responses are either ignored or twisted.

They've even stated multiple times that we wouldn't see full ultra gameplay from them until release. Now we're hearing that hours before release the latest patch seems to have boosted top-end PC graphics beyond what we'd seen.

There's only been an issue if you've missed, ignored, or assumed everything a CDPR dev says is a lie.

I haven't seen that "wall corner" comment anywhere in press (I don't come here too often) but if that was actually a bug, I'm surprised you could see pictures with that corner just less than a week ago in the latest builds the press had. Still, if that means they are addressing that too (with similar high-level details in the environments, far from the console limitations) I'll be extremely happy, I suppose.

Maybe they should have simply delayed the PC version for 1-2 weeks like it's happening with, for example, The Phantom Pain. I know it sounds painful, but I bet it would have been less painful for both parts (users and CDPR). Don't know if it would have been possible, however.

Are you going to use DSR?

Nope, I really love 1080p with x4 AA , maybe I use an injector or changing the INI file as it says on that article to your preferred amount, I always do the test with 1080p and 4AA, later I try DSR but I have better perf without DSR and , it looks the same, (With low DSR, high will get the pc to its knees)

What games are you experiencing the artifacts? Maybe try OC'ing again now that the new nvidia drivers are out, mine runs even better now after I downloaded it this morning. TBH I recieved the msi970 a couple days ago so havn't stressed it out with a full days gaming yet but the games I did load with these settings did run ok.

I use Valley as a gpu stress tester, If I was to push the core clock higher I experience stuttering, but Ive just hit the sweet spot.
The Witcher 2 with ubersampling on.
Strange thing was, I managed to get a +200/+500 for a while without any problem, then got random green circles popping on my screen. Had to heavily turn down my core overclock from 200 down to 140.

The game is seriously poorly optimized ps4 visuals and still can't maintain 60fps on 970,Which is ~ 4times as powerful.Shit port.

The new ultra additions puts the GTX 770 below 30 fps (22-25fps), so all of those probably need to be dialed back to achieve a framerate above 30 which pretty much means visuals and performance equal to the PS4 version.

Of course, get back to the "old" ultra, still higher than the ps4 settings though, at least in LoD and draw distance.

looking at these official nvidia benchmarks

now, there are 3 settings for Hairworks: Off, Geralt Only and All

would it be possible in the xml files, to enable hairworks on everything except Geralt? as the default Geralt hair without hairworks looks great, some even think it looks better, with the added benefit of more fps..

could it be possible?

Top Bottom