PC - STEAM - Cross User Save Overwrite issue

+
PC - STEAM - Cross User Save Overwrite issue

Hi guys, I need your help. I have been playing the Witcher 3 on my GF's account to play at the same time. I was in offline mode, she wasnt, this was working great for the last few days until this morning. I booted the game in with steam being online, and I noticed that my progression was gone, until I realised that this was not my save game. I looked where the witcher 3 save game is usually saved and found a bunch of saveds that do not seem to be my own. Any ideas what caused this ( probably steam cloud ) and how I could recover my own save game? It would suck to lose all of my progression, having to start over.

TLDR - Shared steam accounts, her save games overlapped mine, mine are gone, help! Thanks.

Different PC, Different steam account. After further research it really does seem like the steam cloud overwrote my previous save games. All of them.

The only option i can think of sadly is a file recovery tool but since we are talking about savegames wihch need a full recovery without any loss i think that idea is out of the window aswell sorry mate :(

You know there is some website called GoG.com at which you can buy it without any DRM and cloud saves? ...
And you can magicly add the game to your game library without having to worry about anything :)

Top Bottom