PC UI and control scheme complaints and suggestions

+
You can edit config file for custom keybinds C:\Users\username\Documents\The Witcher 3\input.settings even for gamepad, but its really to edit because many lines actions.

To be honest.... I find totally no problems with the control scheme. Just remapping keys to something that's more comfortable with me.

But to be complete honest.... I kind of hate how many times the Dodge killed me T_T, trying to dodge backwards but by mistake I hold the " D " button and it dodges to the left... thus getting me in range of a hit :(...

Well other than that, I dont find any problems. Its all about learning the game for me :), no idea how it is for others.

To be honest.... I find totally no problems with the control scheme. Just remapping keys to something that's more comfortable with me.

But to be complete honest.... I kind of hate how many times the Dodge killed me T_T, trying to dodge backwards but by mistake I hold the " D " button and it dodges to the left... thus getting me in range of a hit :(...

Well other than that, I dont find any problems. Its all about learning the game for me :), no idea how it is for others.
I didn't have any difficulties with combat for the most part past the initial stages of the game (playing on hard, only got hit once during the griffin fight, Geralt feels more agile than TW2). One might argue that some of his animations have flourishes that just delay the hit but that kinda adds to the flow of combat and discourages spam clicking. You have to wait for openings or create them yourself. What did get me killed several times was casting the wrong sign because I didn't have the right one selected. That is quite annoying.

You have to wait for openings or create them yourself.
On this , I TOTALLY AGREE , altought I bait them into attacking then do a simply dodge backwards or left/right or front then attack back , rinse and repeat or just pop an Aard or Igni or Axii sign and attack again.

What did get me killed several times was casting the wrong sign because I didn't have the right one selected. That is quite annoying.

For this..... I share your pain brother........ I totally do......

Yeah, that's why I want a quick cast option. I never casted the wrong sign in TW2, never. I had a separate quick cast key for each sign and that made combat fast and fun and I felt like I was in control for the most part (the famous TW2 responsiveness issues notwithstanding).

It would be nice to have a new keybind for autolooting, so, when you were in range of loot, and pressed that key, you would pick up everything without having to press E + Space (it would be very useful for harvesting plants for example).

Another keybind that would come in handy would be a held key for walking, instead of just toggle. I think it would be more intuitive to hold Control whenever I wanted to walk, instead of the current toggle, which is a bit confusing at times.

Same like in DAI. Console UI kills PC game :(
Now, now... it's not THAT bad :p

Besides, this is about TW3, not DAI.

Gotta say the more and more I play the more and more I want more categories for inventory, especially books. And got a to agree with the person that suggested the "already read" tag on books, would be useful.

Top Bottom