[PC] v1.06 "Play it safe" quest - game freezes after defeating Boss and jacking into the net terminal

+
Hi,
I like the game very much. So far I've been enjoying it a lot. However at some point I get stuck.
1. In "Play it safe" quest I defeat Sandayu Oda.
2. Then I get an instruction from Takemura to jack into the net terminal.
3. I Jack in, V replyes with a dialogue line that he logged in...
4... and the screen fades to black. That's it.
I'm not getting the cut scene with Yorinobu and Hanako.
Then the only thing I can observe is some colors brightening when I press Tab key, other then that nothing is feasible. No mouse movement is detected, no keayboard.
I can't even access game menu with Esc key. The only thing is to either close the app from Steam or from Windows Task Manager.
play-it-safe-after-defeating-oda.jpgHere's the black screenshot.

As jacking into the net terminal seems to be the only way to progress in the game, it makes the game impossible to continue.
I'm playing v1.04 game on PC. I've checked game local files integrity with Steam, they seem to be fine.
Please let me know if there's any way to pass the obstacle.
Thanks

Attachments

• cbp2077-v1.04.jpg
    cbp2077-v1.04.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 88
same issue here, the furstrating thing is that I cannot move further or do other things until this fixed :(

I am also having this issue, but only when i play the nomad life tree. Tried as street kid and it worked. Going to start a corpo one to see if it is also broken. Anyone else try this? Or has it been broken for you on all of them?

so i think i got it figured out, it was an extra phone call fro Takimura , after defeating the boss. If you dont kill him, takimura should give you another call, to thank you for not killing him. If you dont get the call it'll bug, if you do it will let you pass. Or at least that's been my experience, through 3 playthroughs. So i would say don't try to use the access point until you are sure the conversation is over

Went back and restarted the quest, made sure all the dialog had finished, still crashes to the blank screen.

Same bug for me guys - I have Hotfix 1.06 installed on an AMD Ryzen 5 3600 CPU and Vega 64 GPU Windows 10 64 bit system

So 1.1 Same Issue on the Corpo Tree. Still not resolved. I have 73% of the Achievements for the game and everything I have left is only available after the completion of this quest... Time to start another playthrough I guess on a different Life Tree and put my save in a folder for later.

I am also having this issue, but only when i play the nomad life tree. Tried as street kid and it worked. Going to start a corpo one to see if it is also broken. Anyone else try this? Or has it been broken for you on all of them?
I'm Corpo and stuck.
Post automatically merged:

My question is .... Is it part if the game or is it a bug? I'm not getting a crashed screen. Just can't move V. Audio and visual is good, just dark. I can't use ESC key either though. I have to press the Windows key and right click the game in the start menu and force close it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom