PC vs. Consoles

+
Into the flame I go ones more ;)There was a review from Game spot on Marvel Ultimate Alliance and it was ported on console as well as PC think it was Xbox360 Ps2 and PC The reviewer seem to be far with his point on the game but he gave a very good point on the Graphics for the PC was way better then the console I'm not saying this happens all the time but it dose happen I know a lot can be done with a console as some have pointed out in the pass but you can do much much more on PC ;) and of you you can always make your PC faster batter and so one ;)I have a few game that where ported to PC form console out side of mouse and keyboard dose not work well all the time but that where game pads come in ;)

MichaelT said:
This thread is too civil. We need more fanbois here for both sides. ;D
give it time, all topics like this are pure flame bait and always end the same way, total war.why cant people just accept the simple fact that: "oppinion are like assholes, everyone has one".end of story, end of topic.

Sorry for the short comments, but some people were calling for an immature flame war so I couldn't resist :pI prefer PC gaming. This because consoles, due to the audience, are for the most part all about graphics and 'fun' (read: simplistic and casual) gameplay. Complex strategy and planning in console games are usually a no-no, because that would mean the game would be less open to people who don't want to think while playing games. Also, because the console market tries to be open to younger audiences, storyline is all too often deemed not so important, it's all about non-stop action.There are exceptions of course, but in my eyes that's the norm. There's a few games that come out on consoles every year that would perhaps be worth buying, but they all appear on different ones, so if you'd want to play them all you'd still have to own all the consoles, as others said before me. So basically, you'd be buying a new console roughly every 3 years and during that time you only get 5 games worth playing on it or something. Then I prefer to spend my money on a strong PC, which I can also use for photo editing, fiddling with 3D engines, toolsets to build my own game content and download that of others, can run a lot more older software when I want to, make use of processor intensive applications that I need for my studies and I can get a proper internet functionality. Plus, I don't need a TV in my room or get used to some crappy controls (mouse + keyboard is just so much more versatile than being forced to use a gamepad).The list of advantages for PC goes on and on, but purely for gaming I still mostly applaud that PC games tend to take their players more seriously.

Kaeldorn said:
Sorry for the short comments, but some people were calling for an immature flame war so I couldn't resist :pI prefer PC gaming. This because consoles, due to the audience, are for the most part all about graphics and 'fun' (read: simplistic and casual) gameplay. Complex strategy and planning in console games are usually a no-no, because that would mean the game would be less open to people who don't want to think while playing games. Also, because the console market tries to be open to younger audiences, storyline is all too often deemed not so important, it's all about non-stop action.There are exceptions of course, but in my eyes that's the norm. There's a few games that come out on consoles every year that would perhaps be worth buying, but they all appear on different ones, so if you'd want to play them all you'd still have to own all the consoles, as others said before me. So basically, you'd be buying a new console roughly every 3 years and during that time you only get 5 games worth playing on it or something. Then I prefer to spend my money on a strong PC, which I can also use for photo editing, fiddling with 3D engines, toolsets to build my own game content and download that of others, can run a lot more older software when I want to, make use of processor intensive applications that I need for my studies and I can get a proper internet functionality. Plus, I don't need a TV in my room or get used to some crappy controls (mouse + keyboard is just so much more versatile than being forced to use a gamepad).The list of advantages for PC goes on and on, but purely for gaming I still mostly applaud that PC games tend to take their players more seriously.
That's supposed to be a flame ? :DYou would be the first flamer then I totally agree with.My husband has 2X Xbox 360 and the fat monster Playstation and the amount of games he has for those consoles is a bad joke.Blue Dragon, Mass Effect and Uncharted... (he has a few racing games, but compared to the PCs games he almost never plays them)But we have drawers and shelves full with computer games which we play more or less once a year when nostalgia grabs us.

That's supposed to be a flame ? :DYou would be the first flamer then I totally agree with.
Hehe nah, I was talking about the 'WTF PC owns all!" style comments I posted earlier in the thread. Daerdin asked me to be more productive, so I decided to provide my reasoning as to why I prefer the PC as a (gaming) platform.

I don't own any consoles and, for quite a while, I despised them completely. It wasn't until I played some PS2 games at my friend's place (and, lo and behold, as I grabbed the dreaded sony gamepad my hands did not wither from the sheer amount of unholiness that these infernal devices contain) that I slightly changed my mind. I actually considered buying a PS2 for a while just to play Shadow of the Colossus.I remained a PC gamer, though, mostly due to aforementioned reasons. Few fun console-exclusive games are not enough to make me consider spending lots of cash. Not to mention the lack of versatility.There's one more thing that a PC gamer might enjoy: stuff made by other gamers / indie game developers. As far as I know consoles only get the mainstream stuff, PC is the place for freeware / shareware / cheap experimental games. And mods, naturally, I've had lots of fun with those and I always looked down on Xbox Morrowind and Oblivion players. Heh heh, poor fools...
Seeker said:
II know a lot can be done with a console as some have pointed out in the pass but you can do much much more on PC ;) and of you you can always make your PC faster batter and so one ;)
Actually I think that is the one advantage that consoles have over the PC (game-wise). To play all the new games you have to upgrade your PC at least once a year. Consoles only have a few optional modules that you can buy (if any) and you'll play all the new stuff that comes out without spending a dime for as long as games are made for that particular console.Also, here's a link to a humorous video about consoles. Note: if you're offended by vulgarisms, sexual reference, and/or have lost the ability to make fun of yourself don't watch it.Clickie!

Jup that movie was great. Hahaa... quote: "at least we have violence and tits"But hey, did he breathe inbetween? Wow, I mean I understood everything because he spoke clearly - but so fast ohmygod... reminded me of the medics ads on TV...

I tried the Xbox for a little while and after a hour of playing i run back to my PC checking mail and so on:)I suppose i work too much to use it :)

Consoles are boring now. It seems like its just a crap load of the same ol sports games from the last 2 generations, and lots of sequels from the major hits of last generation. Like Halo, Metal Gear Solid etc...This generation is also based heavily on graphics now, and less on game play. As for the PS3 being worth the money, yes. Its got better hardware then the other consoles, it has more features, just no games. Eventually that will change.I like PCs a lot better. Because you can do a lot more with a PC but they typically have better RPGs and the MMOs.

But the gold ol Super Nintendo days, and Playstation are hard to match. I remember getting Final Fantasy 7 as like my 1st game on Christmas 1997, no other game has amazed me as much as it did. After Christmas break was over, we had a huge blizzard the night before school, we had like a month off and I played FF7 like a mofugga ;D. That game was simply frucking amazing 10 years ago it still is today but nothing to do jumping jacks over anymore. I dominated that game like 3 times.

Khalan: Quit bragging about being rich! Oh please tell me how many consoles you have again. J/K :DI had consoles in the past, but it seemed like all games were made for below teen kids, which was fine when I was that myself, and even then I only played them a small percentage compared to PC. Now that I'm grown up (physically at least), they hold littel to no interest for me. Partially because I hate sport/car racing games among others that tend to be the consoles major pull. for me having mods/tweaking a game adds so much more to it so I'll stick with Pc forever.

Lol, no, I'm not at all rich. It's taken a long time to get the money for everything. I just don't really spend it on much else.Yes, Final Fantasy 7 was the same for me. And as soon as I'd finished it I wanted to start it again.

That was the very last console game I bought. It spoiled me :D I tried it on PC but it wasn't taht good of a port. Odd, I'm a Pc gamer only now but one of my all time favorites is FF7...

PC will always be better in my opinion, I have all the major consoles atm (360, ps3, wii, psp and ds), and I just think that the fact you cannot mod the games, set them up to run how you want, and the overall lack of usage makes consoles a lot worse. You can also simply game better with a PC as there are 105 keys in comparison to the on average 18 + control stick for consoles. I also must say I can aim better with a mouse.

If you are buying console(s) for just one or even a few games, then no. I haven't played consoles in the past 7 years or so because I haven't seen a sufficient number of Console-only titles at any given time that could outshine many great PC titles.

Top Bottom