PC vs. Consoles

+
Well in the end it will look like this - where the biggest money can be made - there the games will wander off to in the end... That will be consoles, simply because they are cheaper and easier to control by parents who refuse to buy their kids expensive and for them too complicated to handle PCs...I love my PC, and no matter what happens I will stick faithful to my multipurpose toy and upgrade it whenever I scratched enough money together for new parts ;DOthers do that with their cars and motorbikes... I do that with my computer and I daresay it's much cheaper and less dangerous in the end :p

Ma opinion...Consoles are hell betta than PCs when ya have mates over to play some good fighting game and kick their arse and if ya even nastier ya can finish them with a fatality (MK:Deception YAY)Dont do shooters on consoles coz thats purely lame.......for single player maybe Hitman 4 or Splinter Cell...and yeah Assasins owns!PC....is simply more fun.....more control over things and the crosshair... I mean a strategy for xbox...hmmm nah thanks Most of the less arrogant and selfish developers and publishers realese their titles on PCs as well.... and let me tell ya ...Assasins on PC will defo need a great beast to run it but your PC would offer AA x whatever...and A.Filtering on a decent level....Pcs dont overheat and you sure can make them noiseless....but more importantly ya can smoke shisha while playing the Witcher...on a console you would need both hands wont you? :)

PCs will never be replaced by consoles, and vice versa.It's like comparing estate cars to sports cars. They're kind of similar and you can directly compare many things between them, but they're used for different things, aimed at different demographics, and designed with different concepts and aims in mind.I wouldn't want to use an Xbox to edit music or play any FPS, but I wouldn't want to play Mortal Kombat against my friends on my PC, either.One thing that does irk me is when companies cut corners by developing a game for both console and PC simultaneously. They inevitably end up with a hideous mutant hybrid which is good on neither.You sometimes get games which were developed on console, and then ported over to PC (and occasionaly vice versa). It always shows, and you always feel like a sucker playing the PC version when you just know it'd be more enjoyable playing it on console.Consoles and PCs are different in so many ways that I believe games should be developed for one or the other, and ported only under rare circumstances and/or after drastic changes. I'm a fan of PC gaming slightly more, personally, because the games on it tend to offer more diversity in options, and I'm a sucker for configuring stuff. That said, I love my beat 'em ups and racing games, and I don't think any PC could ever replace the in that facility. I couldn't bring myself to play Wipeout 2097 or Tekken 2 on a PC. It just wouldn't feel right.A good look at the difference between UT2K4 and UT3 is an excellent illustration of my points.

Consoles are great too sometimes, but i prefer to play games on my pc.Have here some old consoles like the SNES and playstation (first one), which collecting some dust at the moment.Don't have any plans to buy a next-gen console. Pc it is for me. I can play now great games like morrowind, oblivion, the witcher, age of empires, call of duty and so on.I hope there will be still some developers which will made games for the pc. I know there's alot of discussion of how piracy destroys the entire pc gaming.

We all know that the most serious games are on the PC.So it shouldnt be PC vs Consoles, but rather pc games vs console games.But the consoles have some great games too.An example is Heavenly Sword,this game is a piece of art.I bought my PS3 just for this game and is the only console game I have but is great.so i tell you people is all about the games.

AmShaegar said:
We all know that the most serious games are on the PC.So it shouldnt be PC vs Consoles, but rather pc games vs console games.But the consoles have some great games too.An example is Heavenly Sword,this game is a piece of art.I bought my PS3 just for this game and is the only console game I have but is great.so i tell you people is all about the games.
Good point I just saw the preview of the lates Star wars The Force Unleashed and Im sad to say this is only going to be on console Seeing what they are puting into it and I realy hate saying this because I do love playing on my pc Unless you have a real high end gaming pc dont think it would run any any pc that is a few years old :wall:

You must have a high end PC for the upcoming games. Take Far Cry 2 for exemple... Dynamic weather, fire is burning according to the wind, so is not scripted, every leaf in the trees from the game is physically there so you can shoot it. This game will ship also for X BOX 360 and PS 3 but the developers sayd that they literaly struggled to load the textures in the consoles memory.This is why Crysis wil never appear on consoles becouse the developers said that levels were too large for the consoles memory.But, as it was said before me, it is all about games.Recently, I playd Metal Gear Solid: Subsistence on PS 2. Excellent game! And it is the only console game that I have.So, let`s not forget that we are gamers and we love games!

IMO it is not just about the games it is also about cost and marketing of the games.PC games are more complex and it can get get pretty expensive to upgrade your rig in order to play PC games. Also many people are not that knowledegable about computers and don't want to be bothered or fustrated with having to have to do this.If I may add here Windows is also a fustrating system to work with. Everytime Microsoft changes the windows system there seems to be a a cart load of problems that come with it, until patches (updates) come out that are suppose to address these issues. People who have Mac machine are limited to the amount of games available for that system.Console games are more available, displayed more promanent in stores and marketed more widely.From what I understand they are cheaper to develope ( I could be wrong here).I don't want to see PC games be phased out, but as long as there is a market for them that makes a profit, then they will continue.As stated by me before I prefer My PC games and like the complexity of them. lol

http://www.pcgamingalliance.org/en/index.asphttp://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/gearsofwar/news.html?sid=6186307

That's a good initiative. A lot more admirable than people/companies pointing fingers at current sales statistics, giving in and jumping on the 'consoles first' bandwagon.

AdrianXII said:
http://www.pcgamingalliance.org/en/index.asphttp://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/gearsofwar/news.html?sid=6186307
Yeahh .. but the NPD sales of the Gamespot link not are the real sales of the PC in USA . Exist the digital distribution and the MORGP suscriptions, the total revenue is this http://www.pcgamingalliance.org/en/documents/PCGA_Announcement_Presentation.pdf The future .
The PC gaming market is a multi-billion dollar industry with hundreds of millions of gamersworldwide. Leading research firm DFC Intelligence calls PC gaming “one of the fastest-growingsegments of the interactive entertainment market” and projects that the PC game business willgrow more than 80 percent over the next five years, with major increases in the number of PCgamers, revenue from digital distribution, and PC hardware sales
And exist other world for the PC games .. East europe and Germany, Swedem.. look please the sales of STALKER or The Witcher in Rusia ;) . In Russia and CIS are minus PC than in California or Germany , important piracy but the PC sales are incredibles for only about 20 millions PC.

Rhian said:
Well in the end it will look like this - where the biggest money can be made - there the games will wander off to in the end... That will be consoles, simply because they are cheaper and easier to control by parents who refuse to buy their kids expensive and for them too complicated to handle PCs...I love my PC, and no matter what happens I will stick faithful to my multipurpose toy and upgrade it whenever I scratched enough money together for new parts ;DOthers do that with their cars and motorbikes... I do that with my computer and I daresay it's much cheaper and less dangerous in the end :p
I agree! I have noticed a lot of people buying psp's only for the games to appear on consoles such as the ps2 later on! That imho is a waste. I don't even understand the psp look, the screen look too small too even see the ame properly.

I just have one thing to say. You can't upgrade a console without buying a new one.Consoles can be good for portable purposes and exclusive games but I love my pc because it's upgradeable and it can do many different things.

Andarthiel said:
I just have one thing to say. You can't upgrade a console without buying a new one.Consoles can be good for portable purposes and exclusive games but I love my pc because it's upgradeable and it can do many different things.
Actually the majority of PCs being bought are similarly not-upgradable. Most of them now are laptops and office/mini machines from the likes of Dell and HP which cannot be upgraded.The PC market is staggeringly huge.. but it's a market that wants casual games that can run on any computer with a web-browser.The AAA market for the PC is smaller than consoles - only titles that I would no-longer class as AAA, such as WoW and The Sims, make any headway into crossing the divide.Yes the PC can be a technical masterpiece, but the vast majority of machines out there aren't. 600,000 to 1 million is nothing to be sneezed at, but it's small compared to 10 million per system for a console AAA title, or 200 million for a casual PC game!But I don't think it's the death of PC gaming - you just have to think a bit laterally. If you can't sustain a AAA development for the PC alone, you might be able to make the game on a console and release it on the PC as well - then your costs are hopefully limited (though after sale support for the PC is horrendously expensive these days) so you can justify the AAA title, and infact take advantage of the PCs OS to be able to work toolsets and so on, keeping interest in your title until you are ready for the next installment.

As I said before I didnt start this topic but I'm continuing it in Off topic ;) The Witcher in my opinion is a PC exclusive 8) game! Porting it on a console would just ruin it!I mean you have a wierd feeling playing an RPG in front of a TV with a pad in your hand!Consoles are more action oriented and they are destined for more casual gamers whereas PC is the ideal place for hardcore gamers!An RPG is a more complex game(destined for an "elite" category of gamers) in which the action revolves around the story! That's why is hard to combine these 2 elements without an overall lack of quality!The first example that came to me was Oblivion! Of course some of you may say that Oblivion is the best RPG,that Oblivion has the best combat sistem(and to those i would say just this:DARK MESSIAH),that he has the best magic sistem(and again to those I would say this:ARX FATALIS),that Oblivion has the best graphics ever seen in a game :D ,and so on! But this is not true! I believe that The Witcher showed us what RPG really means!Oblivion is a failure,a sad one! He could've been more than what he is! But he is not!Why arent they making Gothic 2 and 3 for the consoles? Because unlike Oblivion they are true RPGs just like The Witcher and the place of a true RPG is the PC! ;) And about Oblivion's superior graphics over Crysis......THIS IS MADNESS!

Did you read the rest of this thread Freddy Kruger or did you just want to say your bit without joining in? :p

I started a new topic but the moderator send me here and locked my post! so is not my fault if the post is off-topic, is Daerdin's!But i believe is on topic!And yes i read it!Hey arent you the guy who said that Oblivion has the best graphics out there? :eek:

FreddyKruger said:
Hey arent you the guy who said that Oblivion has the best graphics out there? :eek:
Nope. I think it's got the second best graphics out there. But that doesn't have anything to do with PC vs consoles, which I gave my opinions on a few posts ago :)

FreddyKruger said:
FreddyKruger said:
[Nope. I think it's got the second best graphics out there. But that doesn't have anything to do with PC vs consoles, which I gave my opinions on a few posts ago :)
Well in this case take a look at my post here:http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=3836.255And I believe it has to do with PC and consoles! Because Oblivion is on consoles too! ;)
I'm looking at that post but it seems you are misunderstanding me - yes, Oblivion, COD4, UT3 and bioshock are all on console as well as PC - but that's my point, they've not had a negative impact on PC versions of the same at all, quite the opposite. So you can't really use them as a PC vs Console as they apply to both.

Top Bottom