PC vs. Consoles

+
Okay I admit . . . English is NOT my first language and the wee hours of the morning is NOT a good time to write a post or two, and I should pay more attention to my spell checker! Moving on, I am just a simple man who is amazed by the many directions technology has gone to solve the same problem. More still I am just as amazed at by solving the same problem in such a fashion how complex but yet how simple the solution has become. By doing so, the world has become a much more informed and smaller place. I don't care what type of system you use, if it be the console or PC to play games with, you are still trading information with whom every you are playing with. It might be with the person who lives next door to you or a person half way around the world. You are still communicating to one another in one way or another. A clear example of this is this forum.To me this is just complete amazement on many levels, be it consoles or be it pcs. For me they all have their place. As for gaming, I love to play all kinds of games and by any means; I just get tired of having to mess around with unstable systems, although they too present a certain amount of enjoyment for me as well. See I am the type of guy who when he was younger liked to take every thing apart, to see what made them go. Unstable systems allow me to have a small peek into what makes the OS run. However after a while enough is enough and I want to play my games. This is why I buy consoles, and that is why I enjoy then so, they allow me to just play my games with out the distraction of system crashes. So in short I guess you may say I am a console man sitting on the fence when it comes to the pc.

CNDLIONHEARTED said:
Okay I admit . . . English is NOT my first language and the wee hours of the morning is NOT a good time to write a post or two, and I should pay more attention to my spell checker! Moving on, I am just a simple man who is amazed by the many directions technology has gone to solve the same problem. More still I am just as amazed at by solving the same problem in such a fashion how complex but yet how simple the solution has become. By doing so, the world has become a much more informed and smaller place. I don't care what type of system you use, if it be the console or PC to play games with, you are still trading information with whom every you are playing with. It might be with the person who lives next door to you or a person half way around the world. You are still communicating to one another in one way or another. A clear example of this is this forum.To me this is just complete amazement on many levels, be it consoles or be it pcs. For me they all have their place. As for gaming, I love to play all kinds of games and by any means; I just get tired of having to mess around with unstable systems, although they too present a certain amount of enjoyment for me as well. See I am the type of guy who when he was younger liked to take every thing apart, to see what made them go. Unstable systems allow me to have a small peek into what makes the OS run. However after a while enough is enough and I want to play my games. This is why I buy consoles, and that is why I enjoy then so, they allow me to just play my games with out the distraction of system crashes. So in short I guess you may say I am a console man sitting on the fence when it comes to the pc.
Okay I was a little harsh before. I too do like playing consoles, but like I said earlier I just don't get into many console games any more. :D

until the first console game build entirely on a console comes out, the PC still reigns :Doh, and when this happens will have to destroy these evil machines and kill their creators, too many robot-uprising scenarios are known, we won't take it... remember Connor :D

LicaonKter said:
until the first console game build entirely on a console comes out, the PC still reigns :Doh, and when this happens will have to destroy these evil machines and kill their creators, too many robot-uprising scenarios are known, we won't take it... remember Connor :D
lol ;D

Good grief its 3 am I'm in front of this infernal machine typing a response to another post . . . *sigh* yah know I think the doctor lied to me when he said " take these, they should help you sleep and they are non habit forming" I should have asked which habit would they have not formed . . . it seems to me it is the not sleeping habit?Any ways, on with the reply! About the only games I play with my consoles right now are RPGs and FPS. The RPG at the moment is Assasins' Creed, and I liked that one so much I bought it for the pc . . . and guess what I should have stayed with the console version!, and the other is Oblivion, which I have never quite completed because I am doing every side quest I can find, and loving it! As for the first person shooters, I have all the usual suspects and I do so enjoy them. However, the best gaming console for the first person shooters for multi player online IS the xbox 360 HANDS DOWN! The title for the best system to play role playing games is a tie between the xbox 360 and the PS3. If the game came out first for the PS3 then it looks a whole lot better on the PS3, if it came out on the xbox 360 first, then ported over to the PS3 then I have to say almost 90% of the time it looks and plays better on the xbox 360, but I have noticed a change in the past couple of games. So who knows, maybe they are right maybe this year the PS3 will reach its full potential and kick the 360 in the ass! Only time will tell!

CNDLIONHEARTED said:
About the only games I play with my consoles right now are RPGs and FPS. The RPG at the moment is Assasins' Creed,
Dude Assassin's Creed is not an RPG.It will never be!I heard a lot of ppl that think that AC is an RPG.Is not, it is an action/adventure stealth game.And in my opinion a bad one too.

AmShaegar said:
AmShaegar said:
About the only games I play with my consoles right now are RPGs and FPS. The RPG at the moment is Assasins' Creed,
Dude Assassin's Creed is not an RPG.It will never be!I heard a lot of ppl that think that AC is an RPG.Is not, it is an action/adventure stealth game.And in my opinion a bad one too.
Well It does have many sore spots but you have to admit it does look pretty.

CNDLIONHEARTED said:
CNDLIONHEARTED said:
CNDLIONHEARTED said:
Well It does have many sore spots but you have to admit it does look pretty.
That it does but like I have said earlier gaming should be more about the gameplay not how it looks, I mean there's no point having a good looking car if it runs like a snail. Personally I haven't played Assassins Creed yet so I can't make an assessment on the game but for those who have played what are your thoughts of it? ;D

I have played the game and enjoyed playing it. I found the story line to be a bit wanting, but the game gets an A+ for historical accuracy. I enjoyed the horse riding I enjoyed the real feel you have for depth perception (leap of faith) as well as the other breath taking views of the game. Now for the sore spots. It has a annoying learning curve! Though the game does takes its time in teaching you the fine art of being an assassin in the early 1200 ad, it was for me a long drawn out process. It wasn't so bad on the pc version, it was horrible on the console version! Again once I got the hang of it I enjoyed exploring the ancient Biblical sites and seeing just how much trouble I could get into from point a to point b, but that is the way I enjoy playing that type of game. It is also the only way you will be able to find the Easter eggs. If I was to rate the game out of ten, ten being the best I would have to give it an 8.0, mostly because of that learning curve. If I was you, I'd also recommend getting the pc version, even though there would be a great deal of tweaking to be done. The console version I'd suggest you'd get if not the pc version would be the PS3 version. The PS3 version looks better and plays better than the 360 version.Those are my thoughts on Assassins' Creed.P.S Yes I do enjoy it . . . so much infact I bought it for all of my gaming machines . . . my wife thought I was nuts. She has seen me do this for only one other game, and this was Oblivion, which is another one of my top five games of all times!

CNDLIONHEARTED said:
I have played the game and enjoyed playing it. I found the story line to be a bit wanting, but the game gets an A+ for historical accuracy. I enjoyed the horse riding I enjoyed the real feel you have for depth perception (leap of faith) as well as the other breath taking views of the game. Now for the sore spots. It has a annoying learning curve! Though the game does takes its time in teaching you the fine art of being an assassin in the early 1200 ad, it was for me a long drawn out process. It wasn't so bad on the pc version, it was horrible on the console version! Again once I got the hang of it I enjoyed exploring the ancient Biblical sites and seeing just how much trouble I could get into from point a to point b, but that is the way I enjoy playing that type of game. It is also the only way you will be able to find the Easter eggs. If I was to rate the game out of ten, ten being the best I would have to give it an 8.0, mostly because of that learning curve. If I was you, I'd also recommend getting the pc version, even though there would be a great deal of tweaking to be done. The console version I'd suggest you'd get if not the pc version would be the PS3 version. The PS3 version looks better and plays better than the 360 version.Those are my thoughts on Assassins' Creed.P.S Yes I do enjoy it . . . so much infact I bought it for all of my gaming machines . . . my wife thought I was nuts. She has seen me do this for only one other game, and this was Oblivion, which is another one of my top five games of all times!
Thanks for the feedback sounds like a game to get. Have to agree with you in Oblivion that is a Gem in my books. The Witchers pretty high on my list as well, mainly the depth and storyline. Seems like all good games it takes a while to get used to the game engines and takes tweaking but once that's done, perfection. :D

It's a pointless topic on a forum where 90% of users play PC games only. If The Witcher would be a console title you'd be talking otherwise. It's like asking on a Gears of War forum, if they like Xbox 360 or PC the most? ;D

FallenZen said:
It's a pointless topic on a forum where 90% of users play PC games only. If The Witcher would be a console title you'd be talking otherwise. It's like asking on a Gears of War forum, if they like Xbox 360 or PC the most? ;D
Yeah pretty much. I mean don't get me wrong I do,love console games but I am one of those 90%. lol. I am just into my PC what else can I say, :beer: Out of intrest are you one of the 90%, 5% who play consoles or the other 5% who do both?

blakafrika said:
Out of intrest are you one of the 90%, 5% who play consoles or the other 5% who do both?
I mostly play Xbox 360 games but I amd also a Mac user and play Blizzard games like a maniac :)

FallenZen said:
FallenZen said:
Out of intrest are you one of the 90%, 5% who play consoles or the other 5% who do both?
I mostly play Xbox 360 games but I amd also a Mac user and play Blizzard games like a maniac :)
Cool. Is it harder to get Mac games? Cause here in Australia there really is a lack of Mac compatible games in normal retail stores.

blakafrika said:
blakafrika said:
blakafrika said:
Cool. Is it harder to get Mac games? Cause here in Australia there really is a lack of Mac compatible games in normal retail stores.
If I recall correctly Blizzard tries to make all their Games Mac compatible. I admit I'm not sure of WoW, but I know Warcraft 3 is.

FallenZen said:
FallenZen said:
I think All Blizzard games with out exception ARE Mac compatible! Say its nice to see a fellow Mac user! It makes my heart beat that little much faster and puts a smile on my face! Its the best PC out there with the most stable OS! LONG LIVE MAC!

CNDLIONHEARTED said:
I think All Blizzard games with out exception ARE Mac compatible! Say its nice to see a fellow Mac user! It makes my heart beat that little much faster and puts a smile on my face! Its the best PC out there with the most stable OS! LONG LIVE MAC!
ROFL, I have a mate who's a big Mac fan and he's the one who bought up how hard it is to find stuff so he dual boots with XP (how un-mac is that). Personally I would get a Mac if I had the money because I am a guitarist and nothing says multimedia or music recording like a Mac or Macbook. But there just too expensive. Probably because of the stability. ;D

Down with consoles!except the wii is ok, its very unique and has some fun gameplay, but other then that they bore me to tears, and i cant stand controllers

Consoles are good for load and go! Consoles are good for the end of the day when you have spent all day on a computer doing this or that. Consoles are good when all you what to get is instant gratification!PCs do have their place . . . but at the end of a long hard day there are two things I'd like nothing better. Firstly, to have a cold wet beer in my hands and secondly to be able to recline in my favorite chair with one of my three consoles turned on and a game which I fancy at the time up and running.LONG LIVE THE CONSOLE, LONG LIVE THE PC! LONG LIVE MACS!

CNDLIONHEARTED said:
Consoles are good for load and go! Consoles are good for the end of the day when you have spent all day on a computer doing this or that. Consoles are good when all you what to get is instant gratification!PCs do have their place . . . but at the end of a long hard day there are two things I'd like nothing better. Firstly, to have a cold wet beer in my hands and secondly to be able to recline in my favorite chair with one of my three consoles turned on and a game which I fancy at the time up and running.LONG LIVE THE CONSOLE, LONG LIVE THE PC! LONG LIVE MACS!
Plus with the console the games normally don't die because of a missing .dll file. That annoys the hell out of me when I can't play a game on my PC because of some stupid stuff up. When that happens though and I have to reinstall the game :'( I turn to my Wii. Both serve their purpose as I have stated time and time again. Long Live General Gaming :D

Top Bottom