[PC] Witcher 3 not starting

+
@seanj1 - there are quite a lot of different reasons for this happening, and as it isn't a general game problem, each one tends to need individual troubleshooting. If you start your own thread and give more details, someone should be able to help you. In most cases, we've found specific reasons why it isn't working, it's just a few that are making everyone scratch their heads.
Please include full system specs, whether it's Gog or Steam, and what you've already tried.
Thanks.

@seanj1 - there are quite a lot of different reasons for this happening, and as it isn't a general game problem, each one tends to need individual troubleshooting. If you start your own thread and give more details, someone should be able to help you. In most cases, we've found specific reasons why it isn't working, it's just a few that are making everyone scratch their heads.
Please include full system specs, whether it's Gog or Steam, and what you've already tried.
Thanks.

I solved it and feel like kind of an idiot. I built this PC 2 days ago and have had some random little problems here and there this being one of them. It turns out even though I did tons of windows updates I never actually had SP1 for some reason. Installed that and literally every problem has been fixed including this, its a good feeling :)

So a bit overdue but...I found it! The problem is in Razer Synapse for the new razer mouse I bought a couple of weeks earlier.

If its live the game does nothing, if turned off the Witcher 3 works perfectly. Reinstalling that didn't fix anything so for now just keeping it turned off.

So a bit overdue but...I found it! The problem is in Razer Synapse for the new razer mouse I bought a couple of weeks earlier.

If its live the game does nothing, if turned off the Witcher 3 works perfectly. Reinstalling that didn't fix anything so for now just keeping it turned off.

In general, I find most 3rd-party software to be like this. It's basically inserting a "middleman" between your OS and the game's engine. While I appreciate the idea of macros for certain games, it's a better idea to simply mod the functionality into the game itself.

(My one caveat for this is heavyweight simulations -- being able to map peripheral buttons multiple times is mucho lovely.)

Top Bottom