Pcsx 2

+
Pcsx 2

Good day to everyone.
Does anyone have an experience regarding PCSX 2 or PS2 emulator for Microsoft Windows ? How's the performance and game stability ? I wanted to play Ace Combat Zero with it.
thanks in advance.

You should have plenty of online tutorials. If you have a good rig then you should have no problem.I tried using one but i had no luck. I was too lazy to look into it.

Sorry bro. No idea. The only emulator I've used is the Nintendo one. Can't help you.

I'm sure there's plenty of tutorials and posts on a friendly emulation modding forum that can help you though.

Or, you could always pick up a PS2. They're dirt cheap. Retro ftw right? Besides, many regard it as one of the greatest consoles ever made. I don't but what do I know. I wasn't really in the loop when it comes to console games back then.

After I tryed FF_XII at pcsx2, I never used my PS2 again.

If you can play TW2 at medium settings, you will play almost any (check the compatibility list) PS2 game at full HD.

I have played several PS2 games at 1680x1080 running between 40 and 50 fps.
Back then I owned a PhenomII 945, 4 gb of DRAM2 and a Radeon HD 4890. Nothing impresive by today standards.

I have managed to grab my bios out of my own ps2 and backed some of my games and I can play them just fine on it. However I backup my ps1 games more than my ps2. However you would need a legitimate ps1 bios and I tried if my ps2 bios could serve as one, but sadly that's not possible. However I did modify my ps2 a bit to make it able to play games through a usb stick, which is pretty amazing. Though I am talking now in a grey zone. While it isn't illegal to modify your ps2 with homebrew 'apps', Sony has made the later models in a way that it can't be done anymore. Which is a shame as being able to export our saves on the usb stick for backup purposes is very handy. Backing the games up and making them able to be played on a simple usb stick, saves the laser from degrading over time by frequent usage.

But yeah, the psx2 emulator works great. It's even better since you can use a controller/pc game pad to act as the controller which makes it all the more worthwhile.

Thanks for your replies.
truth be told, I trust your experience much more than those articles out there.

FoggyFishburne said:
you could always pick up a PS2. They're dirt cheap. Retro ftw right? Besides, many regard it as one of the greatest consoles ever made.
Thanks friend. it's been about 5/6 years since I bought PS2. but the problem is that games are pretty much enjoyable on PC, at least for me. :)

BlackLeopard said:
Thanks for your replies. />
truth be told, I trust your experience much more than those articles out there.

Thanks friend. it's been about 5/6 years since I bought PS2. but the problem is that games are pretty much enjoyable on PC, at least for me. :)/>

Try ratchet and clank (the 3 is the best)

Top Bottom