PEGI Classification Given

+
PEGI Classification Given

"The Witcher" has been given a classification rating in the European game classification system PEGI.The game was judged to be suitable for those over 18 years of age. The box cover will also contain information that the title has elements of violence.
PEGI pictograms:
The PEGI suitability classification system covers most of the countries of the European Union. More information on the rating system can be found at www.pegi.info

i couldnt find the witcher on the PEGI site kept saying no games found for cdprojekt / the witcher / rpg / poland none of that anyways if thats all they show then im not sure about it....... they have symbols for bad language / violence / sex / gambling / drugs and it should show them all. hmm ?

As far as I could see , PEGI does rate Games for Europe ( including UK ).If that's the rating they picked for "The Witcher" , I think we may be witnessing dressed-up elves and any sexually interpretable content from the game removed.[size=10pt]Either that , or the EU verifying team is more lax with their "nudity/sexual" factor , than the US prudes.[/size]From the "violence" icon though , we may be getting the finishing moves however.Still hoping for a complete version in EU though. ???

well i ordererd the CE from www.game.co.uk hopefully its uncensored theres another gaming site that has the witcher uk version and beside it , it says UNCUT also. so im thinking its uncut i just really really dont know why they wouldnt show the ratings for it but 18+ could be just about any level of blood.

stefan9 said:
Fine with me. As long as we get the uncut version and if they gave it 18+ I doubt it would be censored.
That would make sense, but unfortunately, that may not be so. Here in the states ESRB rated the Witcher as "M" which is pretty much 18+ and our version is butchered...um, censored. "There are a set of age categories (3+, 7+, 12+, 16+, 18+), prominently displayed in white-on-black on the front of the packaging. (As opposed to the deliberately obfuscated 'rating letters' used in the ESRB system.) A secondary set of content indicators are represented by symbols, and applied to games that have particular kinds of content that could be deemed offensive or disturbing to certain individuals irrespective of the overall age rating." ~PEGI websiteIf the only "symbol" it is getting is the "violence", I am beginning to get a bit nervous about the UK version. I do not think this rating will be an uncut version of the game.Can any of the Devs clarify this...?

it´s possible that "18+" excludes, that there are many symbols for content:
The second element of the new system is a number of game descriptors. These are icons, displayed on the back of the game box that describe the type of content to be found in the game. Depending on the type of game, there may be up to six such descriptors. The intensity of the content is appropriate to the age rating of the game.
source:http://www.pegi.info/en/index/id/181/#question_0so maybe all is ok and we will get an uncensored witcher

Moridin said:
it´s possible that "18+" excludes, that there are many symbols for content:
The second element of the new system is a number of game descriptors. These are icons, displayed on the back of the game box that describe the type of content to be found in the game. Depending on the type of game, there may be up to six such descriptors. The intensity of the content is appropriate to the age rating of the game.
source:http://www.pegi.info/en/index/id/181/#question_0so maybe all is ok and we will get an uncensored witcher
I am keeping my fingers crossed.I do hope we can get a confirmation on wether or not it will be censored, though. I can save my self up-wards of $30. If the UK version is butchered, I may as well just buy the US version and save on taxes and shipping!

well, the devs said many times that the UK version will be uncut.the german and usa versions which were submitted for rating were already cut and got their respective M/18 ratingthe uk version submitted is uncut and got an 18+ rating.i can't see how that should result in further cuts. if e.g. in the movie industry cuts were made to get an 18 rating in the UK, it is explicitly listed on their website. I can't see PEGI having demanded cuts so the version sumitted to them has not been altered further.

Wait...Mothra, I think that you missed the news about the german version should be uncut and respectively 16+ rated this time. Hard to believe but true. CD Project RED and Atari even confirmed that.

mothra said:
well, the devs said many times that the UK version will be uncut.the german and usa versions which were submitted for rating were already cut and got their respective M/18 ratingthe uk version submitted is uncut and got an 18+ rating.i can't see how that should result in further cuts. if e.g. in the movie industry cuts were made to get an 18 rating in the UK, it is explicitly listed on their website. I can't see PEGI having demanded cuts so the version sumitted to them has not been altered further.
I sincerely hope you are correct...But, some clarification from one of the devs would be much appreciated.

elguerro58 said:
I've emailed game.co.uk to find out if the UK version is uncensored. If I hear before we hear from a dev, I'll let the community know. gogamer.com doesn't seem to have the UK version.
And with that, I wish you luck! The game will be released before you get a reply! ;DGame.co.uk takes their time in responding to quaries. Well, the devs have repeatedly said it would be uncensored (right up to M. Madej himself), but, that was before Atari was involved. Infer what you will from that...I was always concerned with the fact that the US version was going to be censored but not the UK version...I found that to be a bit...odd. I assumed the assurances of CDPR held more weight than my intuition, so I remain hopeful.I guess we will see what we will see...

DrStrange said:
DrStrange said:
Fine with me. As long as we get the uncut version and if they gave it 18+ I doubt it would be censored.
That would make sense, but unfortunately, that may not be so. Here in the states ESRB rated the Witcher as "M" which is pretty much 18+ and our version is butchered...um, censored. "There are a set of age categories (3+, 7+, 12+, 16+, 18+), prominently displayed in white-on-black on the front of the packaging. (As opposed to the deliberately obfuscated 'rating letters' used in the ESRB system.) A secondary set of content indicators are represented by symbols, and applied to games that have particular kinds of content that could be deemed offensive or disturbing to certain individuals irrespective of the overall age rating." ~PEGI websiteIf the only "symbol" it is getting is the "violence", I am beginning to get a bit nervous about the UK version. I do not think this rating will be an uncut version of the game.Can any of the Devs clarify this...?
US is a lot more sensitive than Europe. Europe will be uncensored, I am sure about this unless proven wrong.

Garnek said:
Garnek said:
Witam, łyszałem, że wersja amerykańska ma być w jakiś sposób ocenzyrowana, stąd moje pytania:-Co będzie ocenzurowane w ver. Amerykańskiej?-Czy będzie się ona zasadniczo różnić od Europejskiej?
W wersji amerykańskiej ograniczona będzie golizna.Wersja europejska korzysta z tej samej, pełnej wersji zasobów, co wersja polska.
In english:- In american version nudity will be censored- European version will be the same as Polish version (except language :p) - uncensored.Garnek (one of programmers) said it today.

Kamano said:
Wait...Mothra, I think that you missed the news about the german version should be uncut and respectively 16+ rated this time. Hard to believe but true. CD Project RED and Atari even confirmed that.
Yes it's 16+. I don't know but if there are cuts amazon.de should rather provide a bundle "Wiedźmin(DVD-Rom) + Polski-Niemiecko-Leksykon" ...

Top Bottom