People forfeit game in hope for GG and free Rewards ?

+
People forfeit game in hope for GG and free Rewards ?

I noticed a lot of ppl forfeiting the game just after the card selection. Happend about 10 times in the last 2 hours. They GG, I don't, I wanna play the game, not farm free rewards.

There's no way to know WHY they forfeited. Maybe they didn't manage to get the wombo combo that their deck is designed around, and they know it'll be a loss without it. If that's the case, forfeiting is actually good play and good strategy - no sense in wasting time when you know you're going to lose.

Yeah I've noticed it occasionally, suspected maybe why they've done it for the free GG, so I don't give it to them. No matter their intentions a game never took place so I don't give it to them, even though they always give it to me.

Are we going to get public leaderboards or the showing of our win loss ratio at any point? Would love to know mine and my opponents.

vodge;n6888360 said:
Yeah I've noticed it occasionally, suspected maybe why they've done it for the free GG, so I don't give it to them. No matter their intentions a game never took place so I don't give it to them, even though they always give it to me.

Are we going to get public leaderboards or the showing of our win loss ratio at any point? Would love to know mine and my opponents.

I don't think you could farm crazy amount of materials using the GG method. it is plausible but i don't think its a very effective strategy. keep in mind this game is mostly win-oriented which means you get more stuff if you win. losing on purpose (looking at it long term) is not the brightest strategy.

as far as the leaderboards go i think it is a bad decision and here is way. people will sooner or later figure out what are the best decks in the game and everyone will be commenting about it. just by putting the name of the player you have a very high chance to find out what kind of deck is he using. hell, you can just contact him by sending him an invite or maybe, if they design so, to send a private message and just ask him what decks is he using.
another possibility is to visit deck building websites and check which decks are popular and u will have the same thing.
long term its a bad decision simply because people are opportunistic and want high win/loss ration. i know because i would act in the same fashion.

Master_Kenobi;n6888830 said:
I don't think you could farm crazy amount of materials using the GG method.
I did a small experiment couple days ago (for science ;)). For 30 minutes I was forfeiting every game, as fast as I possibly could (basically on card selection screen). To increase my chances of being rewarded, I was giving GG to every opponent. Managed to farm 80 gold (well 65 really, as I somehow managed to win one game :D) and twice as much scraps, before I get bored. I was able to receive a GG from around 80-85% of my opponents. The reward system can be easily exploited and it will be even easier to do this after game is launched, with more players around...

grabalek;n6889160 said:
I did a small experiment couple days ago (for science ;)). For 30 minutes I was forfeiting every game, as fast as I possibly could (basically on card selection screen). To increase my chances of being rewarded, I was giving GG to every opponent. Managed to farm 80 gold (well 65 really, as I somehow managed to win one game :D) and twice as much scraps, before I get bored. I was able to receive a GG from around 80-85% of my opponents. The reward system can be easily exploited and it will be even easier to do this after game is launched, with more players around...

well i stand corrected, albeit partially. the correction part goes towards the amount of scrap you have accumulated. that is a significant amount. 130 scrap in half an hour is a lot. even if u managed to buy one keg which you wouldn't be able to get that much scrap. it would have been one of those rng generous kegs but overall u would probably get maybe 40-ish scrap.

Yup I refuse to GG insta forfeits, that's just abusing the system hard. 30mins for 80iron and 160scraps? That's ridiculous, you can maybe complete 3-4 games in that time by playing normally. Especially after reaching the daily quota you really don't much if at all from winning.

Simple fix: Can only GG people after first round/once a couple of minutes have passed. Would say just after first round but people could still instantly pass on first round and then forfeit.

Top Bottom