People I think need to give CDPR a chance I think they've earned it.

+
I think it largely has to do with the fact that games are such a big part of gamers lives from an experience and often emotional point of view. When amazing games are made, it effect us. As gamers we want to love the people that make it possible to have those experiences and we get caught up in our emotions and unrealistic ideals.
Glad the reddit page is providing memes non stop, i've spent more time laughing than arguing about a game that atm just need time.
Currently not touched the game since i finished my first run (3 days ago), chilling,playng something else
Not gonna lie, i would play another run, i just don't feel to go back to that bug fest again.

My conclusion about this launch and state of the product is following.

1. It was nowhere finished, and a lot of the features and other stuff was excluded. Simply because they never were finished. And maybe to have unison product to launch on every platform. Much had to be scrapped in order to have atleast somewhat cohesive and working product for launch. We all can see and appreciate how much work has been put into some areas of the game (aesthetics, visual, sound etc.). But how other areas like the NPC AI for example (among so many other things) seem to have had so little attention.

2. The timetable and production management didn't hold up and CDPR found them in impossible position. Where neither releasing or postponing the release further was even remotely great. Considering pros and cons between two terrible choices, they decided to release. Without knowing any facts, I speculate this was the better choice to be made commercially. Even though it was the most uncharacteristic thing to be expected of CDPR, going against their own philosophy like that. Atleast game was financially success and secures their future resources for production.

3. What that future is and if the gamble pays off, will be defined in near future. So much has to be addressed by CDPR to regain the shreds of public trust and good will. I think it's doable though. All that is needed, is unforeseen post launch dedication, willpower and resources put to use to actualise the original vision for the game or even going beyond it due time.
Maybe this whole fiasco was means to an end, and I hope, so that CDPR can again stay true to their values and the gaming community by finishing and building upon what Cyberpunk 2077 is now.

Honestly the concept is so great I can't imagine it abandoned. And if this isn't the project to set the record straight there won't be another one for regaining the lost reputation.

I can only hope CDPR makes a public statement sooner than later about their intentions for the game. So we can all start looking toward the future and stop wallowing in this bitterness and uncertainty !

Glad the reddit page is providing memes non stop, i've spent more time laughing than arguing about a game that atm just need time.
Currently not touched the game since i finished my first run (3 days ago), chilling,playng something else
Not gonna lie, i would play another run, i just don't feel to go back to that bug fest again.
You did better than me, I put it down in Act 2. But, by the time I got to Act 2 I was already around 40 hours.

Game should have been in development for at least one more year. I hope CDPR work on the base game as the state of it is just Alpha version, focus on this before you focus on DLC and Multiplayer please. The Devs obviously had a lot of pressure and internal management was forced to play certain hands that they should have folded, fear of backlash and even so far as fanatical threats caused this rush to release. At this point and time I enjoy Cyberpunk 2077 and can see the potential for it to be one of the greatest RPG games of the modern era the mix of gta and borderlands style gameplay meet dying light mechanics and crafting, add in the CDPR touch we love and you get Cyberpunk 2077. Since the nail has hit the coffin it's time for CDPR to take their Frankenstein and make it the best it was meant to be, again focus on the base game, rework and fix it first and foremost over the production on DLC and Multiplayer. If they do this and then flesh out DLC and Multiplayer after then we will not need to worry about those as much. I will not refund to continue to get analytical data from my gameplay to the Devs to increase the overall quality and submit feedback throughout these trying times. Have a Happy Holidays to all and be safe and healthy. To the devs who spent countless hours busting their asses to get this out to a somewhat enjoyable experience per story thank you.

I totally agree with you, it should have been done in the first place although they still deserve some credit for sorting out their game and making a good product. But at this point is there any other solution to solve this mess other than pulling a NMS ?
What I'm saying is, just pulling a NMS is not enough.

I think it largely has to do with the fact that games are such a big part of gamers lives from an experience and often emotional point of view. When amazing games are made, it effect us. As gamers we want to love the people that make it possible to have those experiences and we get caught up in our emotions and unrealistic ideals.

That is a fair enough point. I can accept that.

Maybe something that burns so quickly isn't really good will to begin with?

Dunno. Some of the most precious things in the world can be rather fragile. Trust for one. Not really worth getting back into a relation when one of the partners has proven to be abusive. That's not a metaphore for what's happening now mind you, just an example of how relational capita is vulnerable.

I'm also seeing several mistakes made into one big fustercluck of them, and many of them remind me of some of the publishers we really like negging around here. I'm sure I don't need to remind how the EA/Ubisoft/Blizzard trajectory is a slippery slope indeed. Over the past few days, we've seen CDPR teetering over the edge of that slide, lose its footing and end up somewhere halfway down the drain.

Gonna require some work to clamber on up and I'm holding them accountable in case they develop any fancy ideas about letting go. I mean, they have you and others to forgive them, right? Or am I seeing that wrong?

I'd say now's not the right time to fawn or coddle the errand child. Let's see it get back up first.

Last edited:
I actually feel sorry for CD Projekt Red. I feel like they allowed themselves to be painted into a corner. They have always been honest and tried to deliver the best product possible to consumers. They have values that have been long gone from a lot of other Developers. I think the game was released before they wanted to release it. I think the early release was due to the pressure they were receiving from fans. I mean really this is a company that tries to give so much material to fans and they do it most the time for free. Even with all that people were issuing threats to these people which was totally uncalled for. The only thing I really believe they are guilty of is mishandling the launch. They have been genuine and its not like they are hiding. To be honest some might even say that fans expectations are somewhat unrealistic expecting the game to run flawlessly on a console that is 13 years old. All in all i think some of the reviewers can cut these guys a little slack based on their exemplary record. I am running it on an XBox One X and I have seen few problems. Again had they held off they would have been castigated for that. Give the guys a chance they have taken ownership of the issues and its only been a week.
Mark my words this is all about discrimination and the fact that a European developer can make a better game than the Triple A Americans. There has been some power play here to isolate them and potentially take them out. It is actually disgusting.

The game industry is all about money nowadays the big publishers pay the big review companies money for stars out of ten

The game industry is all about money nowadays the big publishers pay the big review companies money for stars out of ten
Tbh I don't recall days when game developing companies worked not for the sake of profit, and reviewers wrote honest reviews.

Mark my words this is all about discrimination and the fact that a European developer can make a better game than the Triple A Americans. There has been some power play here to isolate them and potentially take them out. It is actually disgusting.

Who's been attempting to take them out? I'm not saying they don't have detractors, but did the Illuminati force them to release the game in a buggy state, cover up early footage or overpromise? Unless the Martian Lizardmen replaced Marcin Iwinski with a body double that sabotaged the project from the inside, then I'm not seeing those shadowy forces.

All I'm seeing CDPR shooting itself in the foot of its own volition and the reaction from the gaming audience being fairly bog-standard when it comes to controversies.

I mean, I'm not getting paid for being here.

... Not that I wouldn't mind getting paid.

Illuminati? You out there? I'm for sale!

Who's been attempting to take them out? I'm not saying they don't have detractors, but did the Illuminati force them to release the game in a buggy state, cover up early footage or overpromise? Unless the Martian Lizardmen replaced Marcin Iwinski with a body double that sabotaged the project from the inside, then I'm not seeing those shadowy forces.

All I'm seeing CDPR shooting itself in the foot of its own volition and the reaction from the gaming audience being fairly bog-standard when it comes to controversies.

I mean, I'm not getting paid for being here.

... Not that I wouldn't mind getting paid.

Illuminati? You out there? I'm for sale!
download (16).jpg

About 40h in, such a great game. Some bugs. Some inconveniences. (yet?)
Nothing that warrants all this hate. This only leads to "more of the same" games like EA pushes out or the next CoDx with minimal changes.
I wonder why people can't accept this is not witcher 3 and also not GTA.
Keep it up CPR!

My opinion again but I don't think it's some conspiracy to take out CDPR. Many of the same reviewers and sites that are critical of this game also had The Witcher 3 as their game of the year or one of the finalists.

I agree they deserve respect as a company. They got my prorder and I am fine with that. But I wont defend them one bit due to everything what happend during promotion of this game. They hyped up too many things that are not in the game - or they made you think they are.

Sorry for beeing nitpicky, but here is one example of that.

Watch launch trailer - it's still hot and fresh, this is not 2018 demo that has been cut million times during developement(WiP blah blah ). We talking about ~ 10 days old trailer, right before The Cyberpunk 2077 release. Wait for the moment when narrator says about side activities - there is montage of random clips from the game to make you feel those are things you can do. Playing guitar, dancing, drinking etc. Straight up disgusting manipulation, becouse technicaly those things are there, but they're either story related things or cutscenes. This is just ONE example of what was going on with hyping up this game.

I would rather get microtransactions thrown into my face than see something like that from CDPR.

Game is worth the price , and I like it for what it is, but this entire promo campaign was a very well scripted farce.

I actually feel sorry for CD Projekt Red. I feel like they allowed themselves to be painted into a corner. They have always been honest and tried to deliver the best product possible to consumers. They have values that have been long gone from a lot of other Developers. I think the game was released before they wanted to release it. I think the early release was due to the pressure they were receiving from fans. I mean really this is a company that tries to give so much material to fans and they do it most the time for free. Even with all that people were issuing threats to these people which was totally uncalled for. The only thing I really believe they are guilty of is mishandling the launch. They have been genuine and its not like they are hiding. To be honest some might even say that fans expectations are somewhat unrealistic expecting the game to run flawlessly on a console that is 13 years old. All in all i think some of the reviewers can cut these guys a little slack based on their exemplary record. I am running it on an XBox One X and I have seen few problems. Again had they held off they would have been castigated for that. Give the guys a chance they have taken ownership of the issues and its only been a week.
I think it was more strategic decision by corporate to get the game out before holiday. Several games have fallen into this trap beforez like Battlefield 5 to release a game that wasn't ready or missing big chunk, but get it out before holiday to capitalize on sales potential. For their part though, CDPR had a long time to develop the game and at some point shareholders want their return on investment. It was pushed twice and pushing a 3rd time would have obviously hurt them a bit too (not as much as releasing a broken game like this but I can see some of the logic their corporate had to say it's time to show us what you got).

It's easy to think long term and say we will wait until the game is completely ready, but sadly corporate shareholders don't think that way and they have investment in the company they want results. It is difficult to go back to he well again and say we need more time. However the long term result will be very bad if CDPR cannot fix the game adequately. So there is an argument to make to corporate that this game is not ready yet and releasing it could do more damage then any short term sales boost. Now we see they pulled it and are requesting refunds.

Last edited:
Let's be completely and utterly honest here.
Hello Games underdelivered on their product and their only achievement is that they managed to turn that bad product around, but ideally there shouldn't be any need to do so. They are not heroes for doing that, they only managed to do what they were paid for by their playerbase. It's not a legendary feat, it's something that they should've done in the first place.
I hope you and others hold you to this same standard and totally crush you when you do not reach expectations. Based on your posts you must have a really sad disappointing life.

Last edited:
Not sure if facts or not maybe just my opinion but The Witcher games and now this were released fairly broken as in they needed to be heavily patched to work. So in my opinion CDPR always released games prematurely or they're terrible designers that need their games to be patched.

Witcher 1 maybe - can't remember now - but it was also their first game. Witcher 3 was not released in nearly the same shape as CP 2077 - was much, much more finished/polished product. At least on PC.

Let's be completely and utterly honest here.
Hello Games underdelivered on their product and their only achievement is that they managed to turn that bad product around, but ideally there shouldn't be any need to do so. They are not heroes for doing that, they only managed to do what they were paid for by their playerbase. It's not a legendary feat, it's something that they should've done in the first place.

I agree and disagree.

I agree because it is something that indeed shouldn't happen in the first place.
I disagree, because it is not self explanatory and given that the wrong will be corrected.

Now if they are gonna be called heroes in the end, that remains to be seen. If they simply fix performance, glitches and add a bit of content here and there... then no. If they decide that that's not who they are and take a route truly independent from the conventional gaming industry and skyrocket the game (like they clearly now initially intended to do), then I wouldn't mind calling them heroes.

I am very disappointed, but we're mistakes and make humans.
Wishing them relaxed holidays for a much needed breather and then my Sauron-eye will fixate itself upon them once again.

Top Bottom