People want Gwent as a Standalone Game

+
I just came here to see if this was a topic already, because it should be. I think Gwent as a Hearthstone-like game would be awesome, something about the game made me ignore all the other quests to seek out the players in Novigrad.

I'd love to have a fully fledged Gwent-Game IRL or just standalone, but as we all strive for advancement in an RPG, Gwent is hilariously imbalanced.
Heroes aint even the most imbalanced cards(though 15 STR is absurd), I've had a good run with a northern deck chock full of Spies, decoys and healers- More cards wins most of the time.
Due to the lack of a minor ressource like Mana in other games, the poor fucking infantry is in fact the most poor and fucked up card as it is as easily dealt out as any much stronger card.

Thus, a standalone version would have to introduce some limiting ressource. The game as it is now, is funny and gives steady progress with winning new and awesome cards but its just that- some cards are so much more equal than others.

I'd love to have a fully fledged Gwent-Game IRL or just standalone, but as we all strive for advancement in an RPG, Gwent is hilariously imbalanced.
Heroes aint even the most imbalanced cards(though 15 STR is absurd), I've had a good run with a northern deck chock full of Spies, decoys and healers- More cards wins most of the time.
Due to the lack of a minor ressource like Mana in other games, the poor fucking infantry is in fact the most poor and fucked up card as it is as easily dealt out as any much stronger card.

Thus, a standalone version would have to introduce some limiting ressource. The game as it is now, is funny and gives steady progress with winning new and awesome cards but its just that- some cards are so much more equal than others.

It would certainly require some balancing because like you said, spy cards are overpowered . But other than that I would much rather get into competitive Gwent than Hearthstone. It could even be freemium, although that kinda goes against CDPR's mission and ideology

My only worry is that Gwent will be a pay2win sort of game. After all, it's not all about skills. It's more about who has the better deck.

I would also like it to be a stand-alone minigame with both online and lan matching!

Online Function for Gwent Card Game Will Be Awesome

I know The witcher is a pure offline game, but having a MP function for gwent will be amazing. With online tournaments etc.

What do you think?

I think not. An online Version of Gwent isn't so good. Just make an standalone gwent game. That would be better.

Well you wouldn't want to do it in-game, it would probably work best as a browser game. It would be too much pointless work to have them add multiplayer connectivity to the engine just for gwent, that they could be using for other things. But yeah, I would love to play gwent against other people. Throw some webdev intern the job of making a gwent applet that just loads in the gwent card graphics and rules already made by the art team and such with a ui designed to match the in-game appearance, then provide the lobby/matchmaking system from some pre-built framework (of which there are many to choose). Much better distribution of labor, then you don't need the engine programmers spending time on it.

We have all played GWENT now and i think i'm not the only one who really loves it!!
I like it so much that i started looking if i could get the actual cards somewhere ( X-box players got them in the collectors eddition)
But now it happens that these cards cost over 60 euro's on e-bay or amazon or wherever, this is more then the actual game costs!!
Does anyone know if they are going to make more of these cards?

thank you very much fellow witchers

I normally do not buy CE so I would be interested with the physical version of Gwent Card too, it is a really cool game hope that in the future they put them in some kind of merchandising store.

Gwent in real life

Waiting to see the kick starter page for the real life deck of Gwent cards. CDPR, if your reading this. Get on it.

Top Bottom