People want Gwent as a Standalone Game

+
After some time playing Gwent, understanding the mechanics and decks I can say that Gwent is not ready for standalone release the way it is right now. If you pick spy cards, dummies, and pick all high level legendary cards you're done. The strat is shallow with no interesting combos. CDPR should add some mechanic to limit the use of legendaries, spies, and dummies.

After some time playing Gwent, understanding the mechanics and decks I can say that Gwent is not ready for standalone release the way it is right now. If you pick spy cards, dummies, and pick all high level legendary cards you're done. The strat is shallow with no interesting combos. CDPR should add some mechanic to limit the use of legendaries, spies, and dummies.

Well, spies and legendaries and all neutral cards are limited to 1 per deck, so it´s actually balanced quite good.

I cancelled the preorder of my PC collector's edition when I learnt XB1 CE got gwent cards in it. It was a disappointment, now those cards are sold 100$ on ebay.

I think it would need to be digital at first. There could even be something like a beta. You could balance it based on user input. Once it is refined you can start thinking about a physical version (I'd buy it).

Gwent IRL?

Hi,

first of let me say that I really like Gwent, its super awesome! And I've been thinking... did anyone stop and think that maybe you would be able to go to a store and buy the whole card game for like 25-30€? All the factions and everything. Maybe add some rules and stuff like that? Is there a demand for this kind of stuff?

Regards,

Another voice for an online/mobile version. The sourcing of the cards in the main difficulty I think - Do you make them all available at the beginning? Or have to earn them by winning x games or something first.

THere's lots of meta-gaming possible with this and no clear "the strongest deck wins" because when there is a popular build then it's worth finding a deck that while maybe isn't strong overall is specifically good against that specific 'strongest' build. And then they all change to accommodate this.

ETA: And of course it would be a perfect fast hook to keep me in Witcher mode when I'm actually at work/living and can't play the full game much like Versus was.

Last edited:
Naah. The game is not complex enough. Hero cards are too powerful and there's no limit on them.

Would need some serious re-balancing to be played for real.

Give me Gwent or give me death!

I hereby call for an official Gwent tournament DLC! I want to play at a gwent tourney and become known as the Gwent Wolf! Who's with me!!! :thumbsup:

As I said in the other Ghent request thread, I would definately buy a standalone version. However it would need tweaking and balancing to make it suitable.

With tweaking and balance it would be awesome, with how it is now its best played against the AI. Can only imagine how frustrating it would be playing against a human with an OP deck.

Is this the thread to ask CDPRed guys if i can have Gwent on my phone and play with other people? Please?

Thanks.

Top Bottom