Performance in the Xbox One footage

+
Performance in the Xbox One footage

First of all, the official footage looks great. But there are some things people have noticed, including me, even though at first i did not notice them. Apparently it's called judder/frame pacing, and it seems to have some issues in the footage. Basically you see some slight stuttering, some juddering and it's not silky smooth. This is not a game breaker for me by any means, hell i've coped with Risen 1 on Xbox 360, nuff said.

But my question is, is this the final version of The Witcher 3 on X1 or is CDPR still working on it? If not, will the day one patch improve this a little?

They already nerfed the graphics compared to what they initially showed..I mean how on earth can it still have issues frame-rate wise at this stage being only 1/3 of its initial graphical output goal.

They already nerfed the graphics compared to what they initially showed..I mean how on earth can it still have issues frame-rate wise at this stage being only 1/3 of its initial graphical output goal.

Yeah i don't get it either. Especially when it was really smooth last year during E3. Digital Foundry analyzed the footage and concluded that performance was very close to PC.

---------- Updated at 01:51 AM ----------

Yup they are stll working on it:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3-xbox-one-can-at-times-match-ps4-s-1080p-/1100-6427251/

"We're not much more than a week before launch, but we're still fighting for every line of code," it added. "We want gamers to get the best possible experience we can deliver."

Yeah i don't get it either. Especially when it was really smooth last year during E3. Digital Foundry analyzed the footage and concluded that performance was very close to PC.

---------- Updated at 01:51 AM ----------

Yup they are stll working on it:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/witcher-3-xbox-one-can-at-times-match-ps4-s-1080p-/1100-6427251/

"We're not much more than a week before launch, but we're still fighting for every line of code," it added. "We want gamers to get the best possible experience we can deliver."

It took more than a few viewings just to pick up on the "jutter", and it may get worked on right up to and possibly even post launch. That being said I couldn't be more happy as an XBONE owner. CDPR has done what they can to get the weakest version looking amazing and I can't wait to play it next week.

First of all, the official footage looks great. But there are some things people have noticed, including me, even though at first i did not notice them. Apparently it's called judder/frame pacing, and it seems to have some issues in the footage. Basically you see some slight stuttering, some juddering and it's not silky smooth. This is not a game breaker for me by any means, hell i've coped with Risen 1 on Xbox 360, nuff said.

But my question is, is this the final version of The Witcher 3 on X1 or is CDPR still working on it? If not, will the day one patch improve this a little?

Personally i think its an issue with the video, There were only a couple of spots where i noticed slight drops. But constant stuttering? Nope, Nothing like that.

Personally i think its an issue with the video, There were only a couple of spots where i noticed slight drops. But constant stuttering? Nope, Nothing like that.

Agreed man. God when it comes to Xbox One, some people, especially on NeoGAF can exeggerate in the most ridiculous ways. Some really called it terrible and seeminly unplayable, lol.

It took more than a few viewings just to pick up on the "jutter", and it may get worked on right up to and possibly even post launch. That being said I couldn't be more happy as an XBONE owner. CDPR has done what they can to get the weakest version looking amazing and I can't wait to play it next week.

Yeah it's quite amazing that they managed to get it looking so close to PS4. We can't know for sure yet until we see real comparisons, but CDPR's claim that the only difference was resolution seems to be truth and not just some marketing talk. Now with dynamic resolution, it's actually making the gap even smaller.

Last edited:
Top Bottom