Performance Issues / Poor Optimization

+
I have already written that I have stable 60 fps at 2560x1080 on (almost) maxed settings on i7-10700k & GTX 2070s.
With ray tracing on i get fps drops to 54-57 fps, but very, very rarely, only where there is maxed crowd and a lot of buildings
displayed.

Now I have tested it on my "backup" gaming PC, and, on
8 (!) years old processor:
i5 2550k €4.3 GHz

and

4 years old Nvidia GTX 1080p

I get 60 fps most of the time on mostly medium settings,
with occasional drops do 40+ but only in similar circumstances as stated above.
After some setting tuning I got the game to run at no lower then 50 fps in those "worst" moments and 60 fps >90% of the time.

So, if someone gets lower fps on better hardware, the problem is probably on his side, not game's.

EDIT: Well, OK, there may be some specific hardware / system settings combo that triggers some kind of performance "bottleneck".
I would start from setting everything in driver settings to default, game settings to the lowest possible and then changing in-game settings to higher ONE AT A TIME and observe performance impact/difference.

Last edited:
Another thing to try, if you aren't already a step ahead, is to set custom program settings in Manage 3D settings in Nvidia control panel.

Main things are
> Power Management mode - Prefer Maximum Performance
> Texture Filtering Quailty - High Performance

Might not help but worth a try.
I did those too. :( Still the same. And guys, I know 1050ti isn't a high end card, I know. But I'm not saying that I should be able to play at Ultra on 60fps, I want a decent 40-45 fps with Low/Medium settings. CD Projekt itself announced the system requirements and I should be able to do that.

FIX THE [...] FULLSCREEN BUG, CDPR.

Fullscreen running windowed. SUPER NEAT. Fullscreen compatability disabled. STILL WINDOWED. COOL STORY, DEVS.

i7 3770k @ 4.5Ghz
2060 super
16gb ddr3 2400

Same as other people above, FPS locked at 18-22. GPU not working and CPU at 100%.

As soon as RED Engine splash screen appears, fps get locked.

After that, game NEVER runs at more than 22 fps, it doesn't matter Ultra or Low, 4k or 720p..

As soon as RED Engine splash screen appears, fps get locked.

After that, game NEVER runs at more than 22 fps, it doesn't matter Ultra or Low, 4k or 720p..

Same exact issue. That makes three of us in this thread: see my earlier reply at https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...or-optimization.11041595/page-7#post-12307595. Starts at 250+ FPS for the first three seconds or so, and with the first video effect on the text in your screenshots, mine drops to 11-12 and never goes above, regardless of settings. A straight up lock of FPS.

Same exact issue. That makes three of us in this thread: see my earlier reply at https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...or-optimization.11041595/page-7#post-12307595. Starts at 250+ FPS for the first three seconds or so, and with the first video effect on the text in your screenshots, mine drops to 11-12 and never goes above, regardless of settings. A straight up lock of FPS.

Wow, look at this.

First and last time I have seen the GPU alive and got more than 20 fps. It happens only in that place during the training. Wtf..?

Can you try?

-

So my 2070s performs as well as your 2080 ti ...

Great.
Post automatically merged:

@n0tavlbl Wanna send me your DxDiag? I'd like to send both in one mail to the tech support, so they can compare our settings.
Sure thing. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• DxDiag 2080ti i9700k.txt
    92.8 KB · Views: 142
I'm kinda glad im not the only one having this issue. Lock at 30 fps as soon as the cd projekt logo appears. Stick at 30 fps ALL THE TIME.

3080 used at 34%
5800x used at 28%

This is unplayable. I've tried everything including windows reset, and updating all drivers. It's not only a waste of time, but a waste of money at this point. I will never pre order a game again. Such a huge disapointement.

When running the game in ultra (everything maxed) on my rig (Ryzen 2600 X / GTX 3070 (latest drivers) / 16 GB of RAM / game of SSD NVMe), I get around 30-50 FPS.

However the GPU usage is around 70 %, the CPU around 60 % with max at 80 %, the RAM à 10 GB, the GPU memory at 7,5 GB of VRAM allocated. So no component is limiting the FPS and yet the game doen't use all the power available...

Any idea on the limiting factor in there? Thanks

I'm kinda glad im not the only one having this issue. Lock at 30 fps as soon as the cd projekt logo appears. Stick at 30 fps ALL THE TIME.

3080 used at 34%
5800x used at 28%

This is unplayable. I've tried everything including windows reset, and updating all drivers. It's not only a waste of time, but a waste of money at this point. I will never pre order a game again. Such a huge disapointement.
Same with my modest rx 570
For now i'm playing at 720p with AA off...60-85fps

i7 3770k, 12 gb ram, gtx 1060 6gb.

In open locations, fps is 25-35, in rooms 40-45, I look in the mirror at 18 fps, the worst optimization.

P.S. Most will advise me to buy a new PC, but I will not buy, because many games still work at stable 60 fps, Directx 12 is the worst API, I want developers to add Vulkan this better API. Sorry for my english.

Wow, look at this.

First and last time I have seen the GPU alive and got more than 20 fps. It happens only in that place during the training. Wtf..?

Can you try?

Dude; thanks for the suggestion! So I never made it past the character creation screen because, what's the point at 10 FPS. It was hard to even create a character. Started the game; 10-12 FPS throughout. About 10 minutes in and I am in the vehicle to Jackie's bar and the game suddenly snaps to ~60 FPS for 10 seconds maybe, then snaps back to 10.

GFYcat link below. Clip starts at 10 FPS, then jumps to 60 during the call for no reason. Then, without scene changing, back down to 10.

There is no rhyme or reason to this--the game runs at 10 FPS for 98% of the time, and randomly jumps to normal speeds, and then back down. There is no in between. This is not simply a GPU or CPU not having horsepower, as one would expect when processing a busy scene. As you and other posters have said, the intro splash screens run at severely low FPS. And as you can see in the clip the scene barely changes, yet I spurt up to 60 randomly (apologies for the jerky mouse; I just wanted to show that movement was not choppy)--there is no gradual change. Spike to 60 FPS, spike back down to 10. Not normal.

There has to be some bug. Idea: is it possible some audio driver issue can trigger the FPS drop? In the CD Projekt Red splash screen the "zzzt" sound plays at the precisely the same time as the FPS drop. In the link below, FPS drops concurrently with a low bass "puhhh" sound. I Googled and apparently this was an issue with an older build of Path of Exile, which players solved by adding a "--softwareaudio" switch to the .exe shortcut. I wonder if there's a simliar audio parameter here.

Last edited:
With RTX 2060 I get same fps (around 50-70) with all graphic options when DLSS quality enable. Graphic settings not has a impact on performance

Same here. 2950x, 2080ti, 32gbram, and it seems getting extremely low fps. Even when I put DLSS on performance and lower the quality nothing changes
Screenshot_20201211-124806.png

Top Bottom