Performance Issues / Poor Optimization

+
Specs:

Win10 1909
3700X stock with PBO
32Gb @3200Mhz
1080Ti OC
Game installed on a Sata SSD.
QHD minumum Settings around 50-70 fps. Tweaked Nvidia Settings.

I'm Sad. Yea, the game looks good, but that i can only play on the lowest settings avaiable was not imaginable for me. Thought my 1080ti is powerful enough since i can play every other big title with no problems at all.

Hey guys im having some fps drops in more dense areas like the city center with i59400f should i think about an upgrade?

I have a degradation of Performance over time espacily in CPU intensiv scenarios. After a Restart the same scenario runs much much smoother. i suspect a maybe memory leak somewhere, because after the restart the RAM usage is also down by about 2-3GBs

My Specs:
i7 4770k OCed
AMD Vega 56 OC (20.12.1 Driver)
2x 8GB DDR3 RAM
1TB SSD
650Watt PSU

Last edited:
I'm finding impossible to get fluent game experience with GeForce RTX2060 (laptop) without RT on of course. I was tweaking graphics settings and I'm now in low-mid range, but still FPS frequently drops below 20 when I'm exploring open world, especially while in the car driving. Additionally at low-mid setting weird grain starts to show, it looks on cars for example like drops of rain and it's fading slowly when I'm not moving the mouse.
Please @CDPR do something about it, you promised good game experience on High details with this card, so make it happen. Below you'll find full spec of my laptop PC:
1607788153170.png

NOTE that RTX2060 has actually 6GB of VRAM (4GB is just incorrect read) and latest drivers.

Last edited:
I'm finding impossible to get fluent game experience with GeForce RTX2060 (laptop) without RT on of course. I was tweaking graphics settings and I'm now in low-mid range, but still FPS frequently drops below 20 when I'm exploring open world, especially while in the car driving. Additionally at low-mid setting weird grain starts to show, it looks on cars for example like drops of rain and it's fading slowly when I'm not moving the mouse.
Please @CDPR do something about it, you promised good game experience on High details with this card, so make it happen. Below you'll find full spec of my laptop PC:
View attachment 11079335
NOTE that RTX2060 has actually 6GB of VRAM (4GB is just incorrect read) and latest drivers.
The desktop 2060 is already struggling with CP2077 but the performance of the mobile RTX 2060 is more comparable to the GTX 1070... All recommended specs are minimum requirements for desktop PCs.

The desktop 2060 is already struggling with CP2077 but the performance of the mobile RTX 2060 is more comparable to the GTX 1070... All recommended specs are minimum requirements for desktop PCs.
ohh, come on, now they will try less to optimize the game... ;)
yes, I understand and your comment is valid, but as I said even with low-mid settings performance is quite low.

View attachment 11079335
Have you tried to lower the NPC density?

I don't know why, but the game isn't good on FPS, in according to CDProjekt (and default configurations) I should running in Ultra settings, but the game keeps on low FPS, such 35~40 and drops to 25~30 when driving. The thing is, I have a GTX 1080 ROG STRIX, Ryzen 5 3600, 16GB 3200Mhz, and 256Gb SSD M.2 NVME, my friend have a close config, RTX 2060, I5 8o Gen, and 16Gb RAM, but it's Running in 90 FPS, 60 with RTX. GTX 1080 is pretty close to GTX 2060, in brute force 1080 goes above 2060 peformance, someone knows why this is happening to me? I was thinking that maybe the issue is the architecture, RTX 2060 have Turing architecture, GTX 1080 have Pascal architecture.

I also have the same problem with configuring RTX3080, 3200 32GB memory on Radeon 5800x, not exceeding 30 fps.
The game is running at less than 30 fps at any resolution and at any preset. This patch 1.04 is also useless. I hope this is resolved soon.

In addition, other games do not have this problem.
Post automatically merged:

Me, too..

Me too.

We all have Zen 3 in common. 5900x + 1080 TI at 1440p, nvme drive, locked to 30 fps regardless of settings or driver changes or hex editing or anything.

ohh, come on, now they will try less to optimize the game... ;)
yes, I understand and your comment is valid, but as I said even with low-mid settings performance is quite low.
Are you at 1080p? I think you should be able to get 50-60 fps on 1080p with the low/medium (non-RT) preset.

Struggling here too but not quite as bad as others it seems.

Spec:
Win 10 / Ryzen 2700x / 16gb 3200 RAM / GTX 1080ti
Version: 1.04
Latest Nvidia Drivers.

It's playable at 1440p on mostly medium settings, getting around 50-60fps with drops to high 30s / low 40s occasionally, some indoor spaces (not the clubs or bars) can go to around 60 to 70 fps. Was expecting to not be able to run ultra settings with my rig as hardware has moved on but I thought I would be able to get a stable 60+ fps on medium to high settings.

I tried at 1080p and seem to get around the same results as above but can run on high rather than medium.

Hoping for some more performance gains from the next few patches!

Wow, look at this.

First and last time I have seen the GPU alive and got more than 20 fps. It happens only in that place during the training. Wtf..?

Can you try?

Friend,

I know this might not be what you want to hear--but I did Windows Reset (keeping my personal files) and the game now performs as expected. Around 35-40 consistent FPS on my system on High settings, which is to be expected given my low-to-medicore hardware. Perfectly playable.

Hello, AMD users, try this fix, credits to @UnhingedDoork: www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/kbp0np/cyberpunk_2077_seems_to_ignore_smt_and_mostly/gfjf1vo/

SMT Enable for AMD processors (this will make the game to use all the physical and logical cores on the CPU)

1.Open the EXE with HXD (Hex Editor).
2. Look for: 75 30 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08
3. change to: 74 30 33 C9 B8 01 00 00 00 0F A2 8B C8 C1 F9 08
4. Save it

Download patched exe (for v1.04, GOG):
https://www15.zippyshare.com/v/5US9uD6X/file.htm

I have the same problem on Intel Core i7 8700k, 16gb ram and Geforce RTX 2080. I don`t know how to increase fps.

Hey everyone!

So i played with the game about 18 hours with no problem, the FPS was around 28-35 the whole time, had to do some other stuff so i quit the game.
After a few hours i launched it again and i got a steady 8 FPS with a 100% GPU and 43-58 CPU usage.
I checked the resolution and i get the same FPS with 1920x1080 as with 1360x768 with low AND high preset settings
i updated every driver i could, checked file integrity, even swapped this one with my older CPU but i get the same result

DId anyone encounter the same?

my specs are:
AMD Radeon FX 580
AMD FX 8350
12 Gb RAM
Post automatically merged:

I did a test with RDR2, and the GPU usage was between 80-95 with an average temp of 70 on high settings, so i don't have any idea what did go wrong

The game might have a memory leak. I usually reboot after 4-5 hours of consistent play and notice an improvement. Launch day I played for many hours in one session and started getting some major slowdown, so I've been going the reboot route ever since.

The game might have a memory leak. I usually reboot after 4-5 hours of consistent play and notice an improvement. Launch day I played for many hours in one session and started getting some major slowdown, so I've been going the reboot route ever since.
I rebooted too after i encountered this problem but there was no improvement, just the same stable 8 FPS it doesn't go up or down

Top Bottom