Performance Issues / Poor Optimization

+
Some item icons are getting corrupted as I play. That save file bug needs fixing asap also.
Should take at least 20mb. An option to disable autosave would be nice also, so the game doesn't write tons of save files to the ssd

Last edited:
Game def has a memory leak.After like 10-25 mins of gameplay the performance kinda tanks.Re-loading a save or getting a loading screen usually fixes it so its flushing something that's draining performance every time it loads.

Game def has a memory leak.After like 10-25 mins of gameplay the performance kinda tanks.Re-loading a save or getting a loading screen usually fixes it so its flushing something that's draining performance every time it loads.

I was looking exactly for something like this, on my end the game slows down after 30 minutes or so, after 1 hour performance just tanks, i notice this happening around 10 gigs of ram usage.

My pc has rtx 2060 6gb, 16gb cl14 ram, ryzen 5, and game is installed on SSD.

As one of the reasons it was taken down from PS Store was performance then Im pretty sure they are gonna improve the performance on consoles but for PC-s I don´t think anything can be done except maybe adding more options to disable features. It runs very good with DLSS though but it means you need an RTX card

Performance in the Market place should be the main priority! Second is the Lizzie's Bar!

There are some place where performance is really bad.

The Autosave feature is causing stuttering too!
Post automatically merged:

I`ve the same issue , reinstalling windows / updating to latest help as per reddit posts. I`ve udpated it did not help , doing reinstall now.
@Jarex985

Don't reinstall you Windows. This kind of stuff in only recommended if you are facing some serious bug in every game!

Cyberpunk is not optimized at all! Its not you system fault if you can run many other games well.

Performance drops by half after 1 to 1.5 hours of playing, requires a restart. I have tested the performance in the exact same areas where I get 20-35 fps after an hour of playing and my performance goes back to normal 55-70 fps after restarting. I have RT reflection on and medium RT light with DLSS on balanced.

Specs:
RTX 2080 Super
i7 4790k
16g Ram
SSD
running on 1440 res.

Last edited:
Performance drops by half after 1 to 1.5 hours of playing, requires a restart. I have tested the performance in the exact same areas where I get 20-35 fps after an hour of playing and my performance goes back to normal 55-70 fps after restarting. I have RT reflection on and medium RT light with DLSS on balanced.

To follow on from this, I have found that dying/reloading due to continual combat causes a quite rapid decline in fps (and GPU usage). the drop begins quite subtly after a few reloads and then get noticeable quite quickly, probably after only 20 mins/half a dozen reloads or so
Here's a screenshot of the save location with the GPU Usage/FPS going from 97%99fps to 65%/66fps (assume it would keep declining with more reloads):
Cyberpunk2077_2020_12_27_15_12_39_375 degradation.jpg

It's possible it s something on my end that is causing it to occur much faster but I doubt it. I guess it's some sort of memory leak where lootable items or something aren't being reset behind the scenes upon a death/reload.

If anyone wants to try if it occurs for them as quickly I've uploaded the save file below
I am early in the game (haven't even been to Lizzies bar yet) so you won't get spoiled.
Just run around inside the building 'kin sh' up and dying

Attachments

• GPU Usage & FPS DEGRADATION ManualSave-24 & screenshot.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 69
Performance in the Market place should be the main priority! Second is the Lizzie's Bar!

There are some place where performance is really bad.

The Autosave feature is causing stuttering too!
Post automatically merged:

Don't reinstall you Windows. This kind of stuff in only recommended if you are facing some serious bug in every game!

Cyberpunk is not optimized at all! Its not you system fault if you can run many other games well.

Yeah, this thing is horribly optimized, I get the same FPS with many settings varied. differences are very slight with huge setting changes, and as many have stated, the drops, are crazy and every 1.5 hours as well to even a few minutes and sometimes just driving or moving around the map. Then suddenly something like a reload, more FPS, fast travel, more frames or less, it's random. Then you go in your menu, lower FPS after doing something. Then you reload, FPS comes back. Then you exit the game and restart it, even more frames, it's just not optimized.

So I rolled back to 1.04 to see if the performance degradation was something introduced or made worse in 1.05/1.06 but it's just the same.
Older save, different character, same outcome
From 97% GPU usage (100fps) to 55% (59fps)
It's a joke really. Gonna give the game a miss for a while until this is fixed. I know Witcher 3 had issues upon release but this is something else. Last CDPR pre-order for me, sadly.
mess.png

They should've just delayed again for 3-6 months

I've tried every fix in the book, tried every forum, my build is fully capable of running the game so don't tell me it's a hardware issue. This game just doesn't run well at all on AMD hardware, it is broken beyond repair, and this is definitely the last time I will preorder a cdpr game. How can they have broken it so badly for people, they misled us when they said it was playable. Playable on what? their high-end gaming desktops??? Most of us don't have high-end anything. I hope CDPR are sued hard, they'll get what they deserve.

yeah I have a 5950x and 6800xt the game is running not even 15fps ... same problem for days now , no update doing any change ... i tried several things on my computer as well , like old drivers etc , but nope unplayable ...

just 5 minutes ago i was trying to tweak parameters and testing in game ... and noticed something, the game beginning to have the fps attended when approaching the limits of the delimitations of the arena ...(in the desert of example, when the game tells to turn around because there is "nothing for you over there" ... at this moment the game acts normally and they when i go further and the game replaces me then back to 15fps slideshow ... so definitely on more game engine related bug to solve ... if there is still someone at cd project

on PC, while on the quest, down the street with takemura. when you get in the vehicle. the dialog that he has becomes amplified and starts to come out of a loud speaker along with his normal voice inside the van.

using windows 10 media creation tool and updatung using it fixed the problem where the fps gets worse over time. This will not delete any files or settings, it does a clean install of windows.

using windows 10 media creation tool and updatung using it fixed the problem where the fps gets worse over time. This will not delete any files or settings, it does a clean install of windows.
Could you download the save file I attached to https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...r-optimization.11041595/page-26#post-12571679 and make sure it is gone? The fps and gpu usage gets worse very quickly in that building (plenty of enemies there in there) as opposed to just running about the city

yeah I have a 5950x and 6800xt the game is running not even 15fps ... same problem for days now , no update doing any change ... i tried several things on my computer as well , like old drivers etc , but nope unplayable ...

just 5 minutes ago i was trying to tweak parameters and testing in game ... and noticed something, the game beginning to have the fps attended when approaching the limits of the delimitations of the arena ...(in the desert of example, when the game tells to turn around because there is "nothing for you over there" ... at this moment the game acts normally and they when i go further and the game replaces me then back to 15fps slideshow ... so definitely on more game engine related bug to solve ... if there is still someone at cd project

Absolutely is & who knows when it will be addressed. February, March?

Re-installing an Operating System to get the FPS dropping glitch handled, hell to the no.

Willing to bet you're feeling a placebo.You just "cleaned" your OS for nothing.This is the only game that has this issue which means its obviously a leak of some sort.

Reinstalling windows will do NOTHING, it's a memory leak issue related to both rt effects (this is never getting fixed) , and probably lootable object , which i hope, will be fixed in a big january patch.

Top Bottom