Performance Issues / Poor Optimization

+
Cpu: Ryzen 5 1600 @3.9Ghz
Gpu: 2070 Super
Ram: 16Gb

This game is weird. There were times when i had 7 fps with 100% gpu utilization. I cant even pass the 50 fps wall because cpu seems like its bottlenecking hard, but for whatever reason its usage is 70% on avarage and 2 threads always chilling at 7-10% utilization. I knew that there would be bugs, but cmon.. Do some freaking cpu optimizations or add some settings that affects it. Even the AC:Valhalla runs better than this(I cant believe that i am saying this tbh)

you guys. regarding the high cpu usage i don't think there's anything wrong. the game does a lot of simluation calculation, i am not surprised. on my 3900x 12 core, it uses up to 35%. so i am not surprised that for those with 4 core/8 threads are seeing their CPU utilization pegged.

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X @4.275-4.175 (per CCX OC)
GPU:GTX 1080 (Removed all the OCs, as the game wasn't stable with the OC)
Memory: 16 GB @3600Mhz
Storage: WD Black SN750 NVME SSD

Currently playing at 50-60 FPS with LOW settings, about 35 on medium and under 30 on high, barely hitting 20 on ultra. GPU usage about 20-45%, CPU usage mid 20s'-low 30s'. Can't wait for my 3080 to arrive, really disappointing performance, didn't think my PC was that Low-end.

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X @4.275-4.175 (per CCX OC)
GPU:GTX 1080 (Removed all the OCs, as the game wasn't stable with the OC)
Memory: 16 GB @3600Mhz
Storage: WD Black SN750 NVME SSD

Currently playing at 50-60 FPS with LOW settings, about 35 on medium and under 30 on high, barely hitting 20 on ultra. GPU usage about 20-45%, CPU usage mid 20s'-low 30s'. Can't wait for my 3080 to arrive, really disappointing performance, didn't think my PC was that Low-end.
what was the FPS in overclocking mode? I just have overclocking by default

OPTIMIZATION GUIDE
(I'm willing to update this, let me know if you got settings that work out well.)
  1. Install Cyberpunk 2077 on an SSD (you can find 128gb second hand for 15$)
  2. Make sure Vsync is disabled in-game, and set to application controlled in your GPU control panel.
  3. Set the powerplan of your PC to High Performance
    1. Search and open Control panel
    2. Click Power options
    3. Set it to High Performance or AMD Ryzen High Performance
  4. Enable full-screen mode
    1. go to C:\Program Files (x86)\GOG Galaxy\Games\Cyberpunk 2077\bin\x64, or
      1. Open Steam, Right-click on Cyberpunk, click Properties
      2. go to the "Local Files" tab and click browse local files
    2. right click on Cyberpunk2077.exe, click on properties and Compatibility
    3. Disable full-screen optimizations
    4. go to in-game-settings and choose full-screen-mode
  5. When using MSI Afterburner or Precision X1, make sure that your GPU fans are spinning
    1. enable "Apply at Windows Startup"
      Screenshot 2020-12-11 000149.png
    2. Force fan speed update on each period (can increase CPU-usage) if fan curve cannot be applied. Make sure to set curve for both fans, and also activate auto mode for both fans. Keeping your GPU cool is necessary to avoid crashing and throttling.
      Screenshot 2020-12-10 202553.png
  6. optimize RAM timings
    1. Enable XMP profile for your DRAM in the BIOS, leave everything else on auto.
  7. CPU Priority
    1. In Windows, after launching Cyberpunk, tab out and open Task Manager.
    2. Go to details tab, right click on Cyberpunk2077.exe, set priority to high
    3. It won't save this setting, you want to do this every time you start playing. (It doesn't do much tho and it can also cause crashing, but it might give you some extra performance.)
  8. Optimize CPU performance (Ryzen)
    1. Go to Bios, there you have two ways of overclocking:
      1. manually OC your cpu by setting a multiplier and adjusting the voltage. Precision Boost overdrive needs to be turned OFF.
      2. Alternatively, enable Precision Boost overdrive without setting the multiplier. CPU will automatically overclock.
    2. Check your CPU temps. Also check Chipset and System Fan curve.
  9. Search for driver updates:
    Chipset ; GPU ; Windows ; Monitor
  10. Enable Gsync or Freesync and optimize other gpu settings
    1. Go to your gpu control panel
    2. (NVIDIA) click Manage 3d settings and go to Program settings, select or add Cyberpunk2077.exe
      1. Monitor Technology: G-sync
      2. Preferred refresh rate: Highest available
      3. Power management mode: Prefer maximum performance
      4. Low latency Mode: On
      5. Texture filtering: Quality, performance, or high performance
  11. If game won't launch or if performance is decreased,
    1. try to launch the game directly by double-clicking the Cyberpunk2077.exe.
    2. Disable overlays like Experimental features in the Geforce Experience and uninstall RivaTuner Statistic Server

Last edited:
rtx 3080
32 GB RAM
updated drivers windows etc

i cant manage to hold constant 60 fps in 1440p ultra with RTX on. I will always love CDPR for Witcher 3 but this is unacceptable. 3008 is the 2nd powerful card in this planet - how this is even possible?

Is there any chance or plan in the near future to optimize this technical mess?

Hello. Its recommended system requirments for cyberpunk 2077.

My PC: i7 4771, gtx 1660, 16 gb ram, ssd, windows 10 64 bit, 1080p resolution.

So, I have a question, why I cant play EVEN on low settings with stable 30 fps, for example after prologue fps drops below 30 in the open world on everything low settings. But I see that my pc is for high settings, I understand that its for 30 fps high preset.

When I saw this requirments I decided to buy your game immediately, because I believed that I can play with stable 30 fps on high, but what I see.. I am very disappointed and hope that very soon it will be fixed. I don’t want to do refund, because I believe in CD Project, but its very sad situation. I know that there are a lot of players with same systems and problems, not everyone have nowadays new RTX cards and I9 and etc.

Last edited:

Guest 4454648

I run this on high with a i7-6700k and gtx 1080 limited to 50 fps and AMD's rescaling at 50% of 4k with outstanding performance.

I run this on high with a i7-6700k and gtx 1080 limited to 50 fps and AMD's rescaling at 50% of 4k with outstanding performance.
Your 1080 and 6700 is more powerful then my pc, so what a reason of your message? I m talking only about pc that they write in their recommended requirements.

Yeah, Optimization is pretty horrendous. I run recommended specs too, spot on. And on lowest settings I cap out at 40-50fps.

I played like 90 minutes witch a CPU usage of 80% - 100% and it still ran fluetly, no lags or frame drops. Feels kinda wierd to me.

Having some weird and serious performance issues. My system is Ryzen 5 3600, 32 Gb of RAM, RTX 2070 Super. The game runs at 35 to 50 fps with RT Ultra setting at 1440p but after some time the performance drops into twenties and never recovers unless you restart the game, at which point it is back to normal. Anyone ran into this?

Guest 4454648

Your 1080 and 6700 is more powerful then my pc, so what a reason of your message? I m talking only about pc that they write in their recommended requirements.

Point of the post is that you should be able to hit 30 fps easy. Therego, something else might be wrong.

Also, game is very optimized. You don't measure that by how many fps you get at specific settings. But by how much the fps fluctuate.

I have pre-purchased the game without any doubt because the released system requirements were not crazy high and pretty moderate. I have a 1050ti with 8 gb ram, ssd and i7-8750, so I was expecting to play at 40-45 fps at least, on low/medium settings. Now, I can't even get stable 25 fps on the LOWEST settings. Whole city looks like a playdough with these settings but still, whenever a light or fog comes into the screen, the fps drops to 5-6 for minutes. I know my system isn't great but I feel like cheated after seeing the system requirements and buying it.

.... same her.... playing on a gtx1060/Ryzen5 3600.... i didnt even try to get out the first bar into the open world with 20-30 frames on medium.... how much frames will i have in the open world + fights? 5-10 frames?

In the first intense shooting mission (the same shows in the videos released by the company) of the game, my fps dropped from 40 to 20 and then 15, I had to let my companion finish killing the enemies, because I couldn't even move around due to shots and grenades

Running a pretty decent, if slightly mature 1080ti/8700k/16 gig ram rig that manages most games at 4k quite handily.

The only game to date that my PC has struggled with has been the terribly optimized Marvel's Avengers - and now this.

Started at 4k with default/recommended settings and was treated to a slideshow. Installed the new Nvidia drivers, which did precisely squat all.

Dropped to 1440p and twiddled some options (most are now medium-low), which at least made the game playable - but...woof. Graphics vary from decent looking to a muddy, blurry mess and framerates vary from 50-60 to mid 20s, with little to no rhyme or reason - for some reason ingame ads/screens seem to utterly tank things.

The weird part is that I see threads on this forum saying people are pulling off high/ultra settings at 1440p on less powerful rigs (not sure how seriously to take these) to people with 3080s/3090s struggling.

Is there some magic settings bullet that I'm missing here?

Is it possibly pegging your CPU at 60+% load across all cores? Just wondering if the CPU is the bottleneck, instead of the video card. I've seen a few people mention that their CPU is getting pegged-out by the game.

Dunno if this was already posted here, but disable corsair icue.
Before the game was unplayable and freezerlike every 1-2 seconds.

After disabling it's pretty smooth for me

Yeah, going to hit pause on this and come back. Really looking forward to playing through the game, just too chuggy for me at present on overly modest settings for a PC that can run nearly any title I can think of at 4k rather well.

The game is pretty on high settings, sure - but not *that* pretty, certainly not enough to justify this performance.

This does make me worry a little about developers making games with the expectation of DLSS usage...

Top Bottom