Performance Issues / Poor Optimization

+
Is 1080p resolution suppose to use from 9 to even 10GB Vram?

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, i find this hard to believe, unless i'm seeing in the wrong place, no way 1080p could be using this much Vram.

(blue color is the GPU settings)

my GPU is AMD RX 5600 XT if that helps.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,757
  • Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 2,717
Extremely high CPU usage on i7-8700k?

I'm at just the title screen and my CPU utilization for this game is bouncing between about 68% and hitting up to 82% utilization for JUST Cyberpunk 2077. Does anyone else have an i7-8700k and can confirm that this game is pounding this CPU?

Attachments

• CP2077 CPU usage1.png
    CP2077 CPU usage1.png
    10 KB · Views: 993
I have a i7-8086k, GTX 1080, 16gb DDR4-3200mhz, 860 EVO 1TB w/ rapid mode enabled and am getting 60-70% CPU but only 4-5% GPU on both Low and Ultra settings. I have tried running the game exe directly without galaxy but the same issue continues. If posting a dxdiag helps the overall group in finding out what is going on here I'm happy to do so.
EDIT: I am using the latest nvidia drivers 460.79 after running both clean install and another clean install using DDU in safemode.
EDIT2: During cutscenes, GPU usage is 30-40%. Soon as it returns to the game this goes down to 4-5% max.

Last edited:
I have an I7-8700.. It seems to run between 45% and 60% for most games but if a background task starts up or If I leave the browser open or something then it can easily get to 75%. I mainly just keep track of the temp which tends to hover around 75 - 80c for just about every recent graphics intensive game.

Windows antimalware often decides to do crap when I'm playing games even though I have it set not to do that and even tried scheduling it for certain times. Doesn't seem to matter what I do, it just does what it wants. So it's always good to look at other tasks and see if they are doing anything stupid.

I have an I7-8700.. It seems to run between 45% and 60% for most games but if a background task starts up or If I leave the browser open or something then it can easily get to 75%. I mainly just keep track of the temp which tends to hover around 75 - 80c for just about every recent graphics intensive game.

Windows antimalware often decides to do crap when I'm playing games even though I have it set not to do that and even tried scheduling it for certain times. Doesn't seem to matter what I do, it just does what it wants. So it's always good to look at other tasks and see if they are doing anything stupid.
Yeah, checked all of that. The game itself is using on average around 82% CPU when actually in game. It will spike up into the 90s but I'm solely looking at the CP2077 process while this happens. I'm wondering if I actually need to consider updating my chipset because my temps (on a waterblock) are getting pretty high. Idling at the title screen is shooting my CPU temp to around 55C. This isn't really concerning as far as the actual temp vs tolerance but while in game I'm hitting 70-80C. I JUST cleaned the old TIM off my CPU and reapplied some Thermal Grizzly too and made sure the block was making good contact. I don't know if my CPU is starting to die or if CP2077 is actually this CPU intensive.

I also just updated to a RTX 3080 and with everything maxed out @ 1080p I'm getting like 77-127 fps in game but the high temps and utilization has me a bit worried.
Post automatically merged:

I have a i7-8086k, GTX 1080, 16gb DDR4-3200mhz, 860 EVO 1TB w/ rapid mode enabled and am getting 60-70% CPU but only 4-5% GPU on both Low and Ultra settings. I have tried running the game exe directly without galaxy but the same issue continues. If posting a dxdiag helps the overall group in finding out what is going on here I'm happy to do so.
EDIT: I am using the latest nvidia drivers 460.79 after running both clean install and another clean install using DDU in safemode.
EDIT2: During cutscenes, GPU usage is 30-40%. Soon as it returns to the game this goes down to 4-5% max.
Also using the latest driver set and used DDU to clean my system just on the off chance it was some weird driver issue. See my other reply for other details. The game runs well; I'm just concerned about the actual utilization and temps while I'm on a water block.

Low Performance with 1070ti, intel 4790K and 16g ram

I am having Low Performance with 1070ti, intel 4790K and 16g ram. I can barley get 30 FPS on the lowest settings. Any suggestions?

I'm having an issue with RTX 3080 where I'm permanently locked to 30 fps no matter what settings I choose, ALl ULTRA or ALL LOW. It's just firmly stuck at 30 fps. I even have V sync off and framerates unlocked and still stuck at 30 fps. Something's weird going on here...

I have an i9-9900kf at 5ghz and a 2080ti. The CPU usage (just for the game process) is anywhere between 60 and 100% usage, and the GPU usage never goes above 5%. That being said, I can't get stable FPS. The game is absolutely CPU bottlenecked and it appears to not be utilizing the GPU very well. Even when I change graphics settings, the GPU load never changes, only the CPU load. I have the power to run this game better, it's just not using it.

Windows Task Manager has issues reporting GPU utilization correctly in some cases. I was also seeing like 1% GPU utilization on a RTX 3080 despite seeing performance accurate to Nvidia's benchmarks. When I checked utilization in HWMonitor it was reporting 100% utilization.

Big performance drops in the game [PC]

I have big performance drops in the game. Everything is fine for about 1 minute, but then the game starts to cut (regardless of the level of visual detail). I know I don't have a very strong graphics card (GFX 1660ti), but it should be enough for smooth gameplay on slightly lower details. I bought the game on GOG.com.

Could be CPU, could be RAM or it could even be your storage device There is a lot more to a PC than just the GPU.

Performance on Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti

First of all. I would like to thank CD Project Red for Cyberpunk2077. It's been a long 8 years for everyone. I will try to enjoy the game to the fullest.

Now, back to our topic. the developers made quite modest system requirements, with the GTX 780 (3gb of video memory) being minimal.
So I thought: "Hey, with my 1050Ti, I can play, on low-medium settings, rather comfortably (around 40-60 fps)." But the reality is pretty harsh.
At minimum settings, I was only able to get 22-32 Fps.

Here is my configuration:
Cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 2700
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX
Memory: A-Data XPG Gammix D10 [AX4U300038G16A-DB10] 16Gb
Videocard: MSI GeForce GTX 1050Ti OC ver.1 with 4gb memory
The game and windows on SSD

And here goes some data
изображение_2020-12-10_145728.png

oke .. here are stupid questions..
did you update all drivers?
did you update all needed software?

and other games play fine or is it a new pc and is this the first game you try?

Yes, of course. I did a clean install of the latest video drivers (460.79) And the rest of the software should be fairly fresh

other games are working good?
if so.. it could be the compatibility of the game and nvidia..
or maybe it is the presets you kept in nvidia config ??

it could be a lot of dif things..

try to eliminate them one by one. look for the obvious first... obvious :)

I'm using an i9 9900K @ 5.2GHz and a 2080Ti @ 2130/8000 (all on water cooling) and am running the game @ 2560 x 1440 max settings (2 settings allow the "psycho" setting but I didn't see a difference really between that and "ultra") CPU usage seems to stay between 60-70% (temps seem to float in the mid 30C to lower 40C range) with me having a browser along with other software open on my second screen. GPU usage stays around 95-99% on the MSI Afterburner overlay and temps in the 34C-38C range. The only way I saw CPU usage drop substantially was to turn off DLSS but doing so caused the fps to drop down into the low 40fps to 50fps (could have been lower I'm sure) range in most areas I've been in. One big factor is that some people are running the game @ 1080p which typically causes higher CPU usage in game especially on high tier graphics cards. I haven't tried running @ 1080p to test it yet but imo the game isn't optimized all that well just yet and seeing the comment from the person above me with matching hardware seems to indicate that as well. I haven't had any issues with FPS being unstable though yet and seems to run anywhere from 70fps and up (I don't recall it going above 100fps) but it's been running smoothly so far.

Last edited:
Top Bottom