Performance Issues / Poor Optimization

+
The game is unoptimized shit. I feel sorry for the people who spent their money and nerves on this feces.

SuckerPunch - GoT - Time in Development, 6+ Years
https___cdn.cnn.com_cnnnext_dam_assets_200715153007-01-ghost-of-tsushima-sony-ps4.jpg

CD Projekt Red - Cyberpunk - Time in Development, 8+ Years
Cyberpunk-2077-on-Xbox-One-and-PS4.jpg

What happened? What's the difference here? Where did $200+ million go on the heels of 2015 GOTY?

Attachments

• https___cdn.cnn.com_cnnnext_dam_assets_200715153007-01-ghost-of-tsushima-sony-ps4.jpg
    https___cdn.cnn.com_cnnnext_dam_assets_200715153007-01-ghost-of-tsushima-sony-ps4.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 133
  • Cyberpunk-2077-on-Xbox-One-and-PS4.jpg
    Cyberpunk-2077-on-Xbox-One-and-PS4.jpg
    653.8 KB · Views: 134
CPU: This game is a piece of pretentious trash
GPU: Blowing up champagnes with Nvidia.
RAM: Ill get my money back.

HOAX

I have already written that I have stable 60 fps at 2560x1080 on (almost) maxed settings on i7-10700k & GTX 2070s.
With ray tracing on i get fps drops to 54-57 fps, but very, very rarely, only where there is maxed crowd and a lot of buildings
displayed.

Now I have tested it on my "backup" gaming PC, and, on
8 (!) years old processor:
i5 2550k €4.3 GHz

and

4 years old Nvidia GTX 1080p

I get 60 fps most of the time on mostly medium settings,
with occasional drops do 40+ but only in similar circumstances as stated above.
After some setting tuning I got the game to run at no lower then 50 fps in those "worst" moments and 60 fps >90% of the time.

So, if someone gets lower fps on better hardware, the problem is probably on his side, not game's.

EDIT: Well, OK, there may be some specific hardware / system settings combo that triggers some kind of performance "bottleneck".
I would start from setting everything in driver settings to default, game settings to the lowest possible and then changing in-game settings to higher ONE AT A TIME and observe performance impact/difference.
Oh, yeah, for sure, 14 pages and counting of people having issues with the game, MYSELF INCLUDED, must be our rig. I knew someone like your would pop out hahaha

I have already written that I have stable 60 fps at 2560x1080 on (almost) maxed settings on i7-10700k & GTX 2070s.
With ray tracing on i get fps drops to 54-57 fps, but very, very rarely, only where there is maxed crowd and a lot of buildings
displayed.

i5 2550k €4.3 GHz

and

After some setting tuning I got the game to run at no lower then 50 fps in those "worst" moments and 60 fps >90% of the time.

So, if someone gets lower fps on better hardware, the problem is probably on his side, not game's.

EDIT: Well, OK, there may be some specific hardware / system settings combo that triggers some kind of performance "bottleneck".
I would start from setting everything in driver settings to default, game settings to the lowest possible and then changing in-game settings to higher ONE AT A TIME and observe performance impact/difference.
Yeah and I'm with 9700k, 2080ti on 1440p (2560x1440) can't dream for that kind of performance with settings like yours. Either you're testing it indoors and looking down to the ground, or just plainly lucky as hell or something else... ;)
Oh and GTX 1080 60fps > 90% of the time ?? LOL .

And to your last statement - you do realize that if everyone would have hardware problems, that would happen with all other games :) And on top of that, not everyone is a potato and can actually maintain their hardware and understand a thing or two on how it runs.
Just my 2 cents here :)

displayed.

i5 2550k €4.3 GHz

and

If you make a video proving everything you said here, i cut my penis off. Plz moderate me CDPR, i need some of that right now.

It's their potato unoptimized game, not your rig. They postponed it for months just to fix the reflection of the sun on the penis.

LMAO i cried :LOL::LOL::LOL:

I own a 9900k, 32gigz 3200mhz, m.2 ssd, etc, and I have ordered an MSI RTX 3080 to max out this game on 1440p.... sad thing is, it is already shipped... and i can't cancel or return it. GG CDPR.

Playing on PS4 slim.
IMG_20201211_152615.jpg

While actively playing, the screen is terribly cut off. All angles, and by a significant margin.

Other than the posted one, the screen is so cut off that, for instance:

1. I can't see how many bullets I have in a clip;
  2. When I enter a new area, the canon capital-lettered name popping mid screen on the left is missing at least the first 2-3 letters;
  3. I can't read the full name when people call me on the phone.
The cut is very significant. I've tried changing both the PS4 and the TV settings, as well as the in-game graphic settings (where no options seem to potentially address this) and the issue did not go away.

To see if it was a performance issue, I tried loading God Of War, AC: Odyssey and AC: Valhalla after experiencing the issue on Cyberpunk.

No other game gives me the same issue, underscoring that is 99.999% a game issue. Anyone else experiencing this? Is this patchable in the future?

Thanks for your reply(ies).

So, I installed the Game Ready driver. The game, by default, sets it's graphics to High/Medium. However, I was getting FPS as low as 30 FPS. One of my friends suspect that my CPU and motherboard may be bottlenecking the card. Strange, I played Doom Eternal on High settings without issues before playing Cyberpunk 2077. So, what do you folks think, is it the game or my hardware?

Here are the specs for my PC.

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V Pro
CPU: Intel Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz Quad Core
Ram: Kingston 16GB DDR3-1600 (4x4GB)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, ACX 2.0 (Single Fan), 6GB GDDR5
Hard Drive: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-76E1T0B/AM)
CD / DVD: Asus 24x DVD-RW SATA (black)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Titanium Grey w/ Window
Power Supply: Antec TruePower New Series 650W Power Supply
CPU Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 CPU Cooler

Well I was quite happy when I saw my graphics settings set to ultra as default. And then after the character creation screen the fps counter hit the 22fps... it hit me too hit it bad!

I installed the game on sata ssd(500mb/s transfer). It indeed loads the game quickly. I don't have any weird popping out game environment(assets) problems.
I took a look at the usage of my cpu and gpu.
CPU won't give a shit about it. The max I saw was %34 usage.
When it comes to GPU it hit %100 usage.
The ram usage was max 7 or 8gb.

Here my specs;
Windows 10 Pro(Latest version!)
AMD Ryzen 3600 (It boost itself to 4.2Ghz sometimes. Normally 3.6Ghz)
AMD Rx 580 OC Edition (Drivers Updated!)
Ram 2x8GB 3000Mhz
Sata SSD 500mb read and write.(And it only contains Cyberpunk 2077)

At the moment with my custom graphics settings I get from 30 to 55 fps.
And resolution is 1920x1080p.
Ultra 20-40 fps.
High 25-45 fps.
Medium 25-50 fps.
Low 28-58 fps.

I never saw stable 60 fps. I even look at the sky or down but max was 58 fps at the low settings.
So far what I figure it out from the settings was that;
Mirror Quailty kills almost 20 fps.
Volumetric Fog Resolution kills 10-15 fps.
Screen Space Reflections Quality kill another 10-20 fps.
Other settings doesn't effect much. 1-5 fps.

I keep Volumetric Fog Resolution Medium.
Shadow Mesh and Quality is High.
Screen Space Reflections Quality is High.
And everything else is Ultra.

It might be helpful if you have a similar system to mine.

And there are way another graphics bugs too!
While raining there are black or untextured places occurs.
Monitor becomes fully white for a few secs.
And so on.

Anyways I think Devs will release a patch sooner. It might be a week or two but no longer than that(I hope so).
And thanks for reading all this.

1.04 massively improved GPU utilization for me (RTX 3080), was getting 50% in the city on ultra now I'm getting 94%!

Unfortunately, my Ryzen 3600X is still being underutilized at ~45%. It gets 60% for a few seconds sometimes but it's average is definitely the mid to low 40s. Has anyone found a temporary solution for improving CPU usage in this game? I have fullscreen optimization disabled in Windows.

Also, crowd density settings aren't affecting CPU usage very much. Running around Watson at night, CPU was pulling 41% with low crowd density and 46% with high.

Yer and thats what you should be getting!
GRAPHICS: GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti with 4GB GDDR5 & RAM: 8GB DDR4-2400 but you expect miracles! OMG
miracle? Why can't I ask for a normally optimized game? My system meets the minimum system requirements quite well, but I see a lot of errors. As a result, we have a penis enlargement simulator game and, of course, a bunch of mistakes.
hyscu8pB7Vs.jpg

Last edited:
Having trouble with completing Shark in the Water...Blake escaped and now can't find him...went back at multiple times and he is never around..

miracle? Why can't I ask for a normally optimized game? My system is quite adequate for the minimum system requirements, but I see a lot of bugs.

Unfortunately the specs they recommended were for 30fps but they don't state it on that table. Even when booting up the target fps in settings was 30.

I have a 1080ti and can only do 35fps at 3440x1440 with drops to 20 in action areas.

Very curious as to people's experiences post patch.

Especially those of us on 1000 series cards.

There were no optimization fixes in this patch just mission and gameplay fixes.

Unfortunately the specs they recommended were for 30fps but they don't state it on that table. Even when booting up the target fps in settings was 30.

I have a 1080ti and can only do 35fps at 3440x1440 with drops to 20 in action areas.

There were no optimization fixes in this patch just mission and gameplay fixes.

I'm seeing a lot of people claiming a significant performance difference. Perhaps just a placebo effect?

I'm seeing a lot of people claiming a significant performance difference. Perhaps just a placebo effect?

Yea most likely. I'll try it out after it's done patching but I haven't been playing it because it's not enjoyable at such low fps as I'm getting.

I have a ryzen 3900x, 16gb 3600mhz and rtx2070super; and a 1440p monitor. I am playing on graphics settings on high and medium rtx. I get around 50-65fps depending on areas. But around one place fps really tanks. Drops to 20 and below. That place is when you enter the alley leading to the Japan town fixer Wakada or something's house.

Top Bottom