Performance Issues / Poor Optimization

+
yea.. but I think they know about these issues, and they spend more time reading all the mails they receive via the technical support, rather than having a chat in the forums. So if we want a solution for now, we need to try what's possible in order to make the game playable.

I think that they should have delayed the game, I feel cheated.

Hello everyone, I hope everyone has been enjoying their time with Cyberpunk 2077. I would love to say I have but the truth is, it has been a struggle. This has been my most anticipated game since it was announced back in 2012. My specs are I7-6700K and a 2070 Super, 16gb of ram (Hyper X) DDR4. I can barely get this game to hit 50 fps. It is also not consistent. For some reason the game uses 90-100% of my cpu and roughly 30% of my gpu. I know I should be able to run the game at at least ultra settings (maybe even RTX medium). Is the game poorly optimized? I also have updated my drivers and done clean installations of the newest nvidia driver (removed them several times using DDU). I have also rolled my driver back and that did not change anything either. Windows 10 is up to date. All my other games such as Doom Eternal and control run great. On control, I can run the game at the highest settings with medium ray tracing turned on (also both of the games fully use my gpu). Doom can be run on ultra nightmare settings. At this point should I wait for a patch to fix things? I am bummed but I am hoping for a patch soon. If anyone else has similar issues, feel free to post here. One last note is that I have tried overclocking my cpu and various other things. I have come to the conclusion to just wait it out. Thanks for everyone's help who has tried to help me over the past few days (and everyone who took the time to read this).

PS: I am going to remain hopeful as I know CD Projekt Red will sort it out. I feel bad for them having to crunch and please do not send death threats to the developers. The real issue is upper management. Have a good day everyone.
Post automatically merged:

Side not the game will drop fps significantly in the city and when driving around. If I move my mouse fast, the game also drops to roughly 10-20 dps.
Post automatically merged:

Sorry, one final thing is that I have messed with the settings in game and no matter what I set it to, I get the same fps and issues overall. Thannks

My specs are I7-6700K and a 2070 Super, 16gb of ram (Hyper X) DDR4. I can barely get this game to hit 50 fps. It is also not consistent. For some reason the game uses 90-100% of my cpu and roughly 30% of my gpu. I know I should be able to run the game at at
Many people with similar configurations face the problem in cyberpunk 2077 that a weak processor is a bottleneck for RTX videocards. For all the time on the forum, I have not seen a really reliable solution

Many people with similar configurations face the problem in cyberpunk 2077 that a weak processor is a bottleneck for RTX videocards. For all the time on the forum, I have not seen a really reliable solution
Is mine considered a weak processor? From what I can tell, I have over the recommended specs for this game. Sucks to hear others are having similar issues. I am sorta glad I am not the only one but regardless it sucks. So RTX cards are having issues, thanks for letting me know. appreciate it

aaaSans titre.jpg

Nobody can fix that too, the games remains unplayable.

- The SMT fix doesnt fix this.
- Reinstalling drivers or windows doesnt fix it.
- All your tutorial to optimize framerate are useless
- No im not cpu limited or anything, the cpu isnt used, the gpu isnt used, and im capped at 20 fps
- No I havent a single problem on my computer anywhere else, no there is nothing to limit my fps I check everythig this 48 hours.

THE GAME LIMIT THE FRAMERATE OR IT DOESNT USE THE GPU PROPERLY AND NOBODY KNOWS WHY ON THE WHOLE INTERNET
THIS ISSUE MUST BE FIXED ASAP
WE CAN NOT PLAY TO CYBERPUNK ACTUALLY
WE NEED A ANSWER

I just today finally succeded in getting the game to launch. Tommorow I will attempt to play some. Hope will run ok. Have a Gtx 1060 6gb and ryzen 1700.

I've got RX 590 and Ryzen5 2600. Medium preset, 1440p resolution, static resolution scalling to 75% (so I am rendering at 1080p I think) I get around 50fps.

All the "fix" or mods for this dont matter if your fps are capped. The game litterally doesnt care if you improve performances it cannot render.

I've tried basically everything noted on that reddit post and many others. My fps are still capped at 30.

We're gonna have to wait for a patch I guess.

EDIT 16-12-2020:

Just found my issue. It was caused by the passive properties of the legendary quickhacks. Removing all quickhacks from the deck inmediatly solves the performance issue. This happens only with legendaries. Epics and below are totally fine.

CDPR: Please review the code for the passives. As of 1.04 this looks a lot like an empty while(true) loop in terms of performance impact.

1608154646003.png

=======================================

ORIGINAL POST 13-12-2020:

As long as I keep out of that circle my FPS stays at 60 with Ultra settings and DLSS disabled.
In the circled area as of v1.04 the game becomes unplayable at 1 to 3 FPS regardless of video settings.

1607902426167.png

I have a NCPD-sanctioned ripperdoc offing smack in the middle so please fix this.
:cry:

Last edited:
All the "fix" or mods for this dont matter if your fps are capped. The game litterally doesnt care if you improve performances it cannot render.
I've tried basically everything noted on that reddit post and many others. My fps are still capped at 30.

Same and I'm tired to read all these stupid posts asking "what is your pc" "it works for me" "oh here is THE tutorial".
When I know how a pc work better than 99% of these noobs.
All I can do now is flooding their forum with FIX TEH GPU USAGE FFS, and every people who can't play should flood this forum too, its useless to try to discuss on internet when its almost only dumb noobs kiddies that answers your topic.

Like its so hard to hire an engineer ? They earned billions with fake trailers and announces, they can't hire people to fix a game ? No pity for them I'm sorry, last time I spend a single euro on CDPR.
When you report your game so much, there is NOT A SINGLE EXCUSE when you see all the mess they send, all the shitty code, all the broken things, I am sorry, NO, even amateur devs are fixing your games in 48h.... seriously, for the good of the video games, this kind of fuckery shouldnt reproduice anymore, a company shouldnt earn billions with fake trailers from investors, and deliver a so broken game.
Now for me CDPR is like EA bioware ubisoft etc, I would prefer to suck a dick than spending one single euro on them.

Last edited:
Getting a horrible issue with my set up i7 9700k and 2080, big stutter and frames drop to 20ish when aiming in or moving fast. Turning all the settings to low/off doesn't make a difference. Tried just about nearly every fix on the internet right now!

View attachment 11082785

Nobody can fix that too, the games remains unplayable.

- The SMT fix doesnt fix this.
- Reinstalling drivers or windows doesnt fix it.
- All your tutorial to optimize framerate are useless
- No im not cpu limited or anything, the cpu isnt used, the gpu isnt used, and im capped at 20 fps
- No I havent a single problem on my computer anywhere else, no there is nothing to limit my fps I check everythig this 48 hours.

THE GAME LIMIT THE FRAMERATE OR IT DOESNT USE THE GPU PROPERLY AND NOBODY KNOWS WHY ON THE WHOLE INTERNET
THIS ISSUE MUST BE FIXED ASAP
WE CAN NOT PLAY TO CYBERPUNK ACTUALLY
WE NEED A ANSWER
Having the same problem, tried every possible solution i've seem people talk about, none of them worked for me, rtx 2060 and can't even pass 30 fps on Low setting 1080p on external areas :/

Hardware:
* CPU: Intel i7-8700
* GPU: RTX 2070
* RAM: 32 GB
* MOBO: ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING
* STORAGE: SSD
* RESOLUTION (+ TARGET FPS): 3440 x 1440 (60 FPS)
* PLATFORM: Steam

This is in the middle of the city, people walking around. I've got the preset for Ray Tracing: Medium on. How is my GPU at 0%? Is it just a reporting error, as in it's actually being used just not showing as such on here? I figure it's GOT to be pegged somehow if I've got the Ray Tracing setting on...

Running CP77.png

I observed the same thing, I don't think task manager is very accurate (and also causes a lot of lost frames when running).
Try HWInfo instead, it shows a different story; where task man says low/no usage, HWInfo shows 100%
Don't really know which is true however.

Got about the same, but mine goes to max 20%-ish. Thought my gtx 1080 was throttling down, and although the temperature is pretty much hitting that limit, I'm pretty sure it performs way too well for it to only be working at 20%. I haven't checked HWinfo / HWmonitor yet but it's been proven in the past that it's more accurate than task manager.

Top Bottom