+
Hello.
My setup is:
i7-9700
RTX 2080Ti
32GB ram
SSD
Win10

I'm playing in 1080p. When i'm turning on RTX(no matter which quality and settings is on) my fps in crowded areas around 30 and lower(without RTX on i get 60fps 95% of the time). As i read through topic it isn't fine. I've tried memory limits fix, but it didn't do anything. I'm thinking about windows 10 installation media fix, but what it actually do, just upgrading some components, not reinstalling the whole windows with data deletion?

Because countless of similar threads are popping up, this thread is for all performance and optimization related issues. So, it's easier to keep an overview.
hello, i have a RTX 2070 graphics card and an i5-9600k processor and my graphics card and only use at 5% then my processor at 77% i don't understand it i only do it with this game, i tried all the solutions, i can't play i'm at 30fps fix this problem please i like this game

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    96.8 KB · Views: 57
Extremely high CPU usage on i7-8700k?

I'm at just the title screen and my CPU utilization for this game is bouncing between about 68% and hitting up to 82% utilization for JUST Cyberpunk 2077. Does anyone else have an i7-8700k and can confirm that this game is pounding this CPU?
Yup, and GPU is barely even being used (per task manager)
Post automatically merged:

Because one guy on Reddit think that PoolGPU means VRAM without any info?
What is the 3GB PoolGPU on Durango and Orbis (xbox and playstation) then as they don't have VRAM but shared RAM?
I'm pretty sure that memory pool is fixed RAM allocation and that PC doesn't use fixed memory allocation.
Oh no... I keep seeing this. People saying changing those values increases performance but it does not. The game does not even read that file. Tested it for a few hours. Changing anything in this file does not make a difference at all. You can even delete the file entirely as the game does not refer to it or use it in any manner.

Because one guy on Reddit think that PoolGPU means VRAM without any info?
What is the 3GB PoolGPU on Durango and Orbis (xbox and playstation) then as they don't have VRAM but shared RAM?
I'm pretty sure that memory pool is fixed RAM allocation and that PC doesn't use fixed memory allocation.
Oh no... I keep seeing this. People saying changing those values increases performance but it does not. The game does not even read that file. Tested it for a few hours. Changing anything in this file does not make a difference at all. You can even delete the file entirely as the game does not refer to it or use it in any manner.

you asked, I answered. it helped someone, someone did not. that's all.

Sometimes after playing cyberpunk for a little bit, my fps randomly drops from 80fps to 60fps. When ever I restart my game it goes back to 80fps.
I have an GeForce RTX 2080 super so I think that I should be getting more than 60 frames with my settings turned down a bit and with nothing running in the background.

Sometimes after playing cyberpunk for a little bit, my fps randomly drops from 80fps to 60fps. When ever I restart my game it goes back to 80fps.
I have an GeForce RTX 2080 super so I think that I should be getting more than 60 frames with my settings turned down a bit and with nothing running in the background.

This seems to be an issue - many people reporting that performance degrades over time and the only way to solve it is to exit to desktop and restart the game.

So, this new patch 1.05 is going to improve fps considerably or its just to show business ?
All games run fine on this machine on 1080p.
Im not going to upgrade just because of one troublesome game. Not gonna happen.
I'm almost giving up.

So, this new patch 1.05 is going to improve fps considerably or its just to show business ?
All games run fine on this machine on 1080p.
Im not going to upgrade just because of one troublesome game. Not gonna happen.
I'm almost giving up.
Only can check when patch will be avaliable. But somehow it's already avaliable for some people trough repair function. It's weird, they can't even handle a patch release and lie in announcment that patch is already here for PC.

Only can check when patch will be avaliable. But somehow it's already avaliable for some people trough repair function. It's weird, they can't even handle a patch release and lie in announcment that patch is already here for PC.

Ffs, this is not the CDPR I used to know

same issue here, I have a 2070 Super and an I7-7700K and am getting roughly the same amount of frames. Have tried all the fixes including the new one just posted trying to change the csv files. When I move my mouse quickly and am driving the frames go from 40 to 50, to roughly 10-20 fps. Just am waiting for a patch because this has to be an issue on CD Projekt Red's part. Loving the game but it is unplayable.
I fixed it by changing the memory pool file to 0s on RAM allocation, at least i think that is what fixed it! Supposedly the new hotfix is removing that file and also states that it had no impact on performance
Yup, and GPU is barely even being used (per task manager)
Post automatically merged:

It fixed my issues, fps used to spike down to 20 when aiming/moving/turning fast. Setting the values in that file to 0s smoothed everything out, rather confused now as to what they're saying in the hotfix notes. However I did literally try 100s of fixes, but I'm pretty sure that was the last on the list! Who knows.

We should be able to choose how much of ram the game could use. Its using basically half of my Vram and system ram.

So, PC patch only dec 21 ? Well... As long as it improves performance
Who said this? What foolish Took said that? My Glamdring wants to shorten his tongue.

1608402917504.png

Sometimes after playing cyberpunk for a little bit, my fps randomly drops from 80fps to 60fps. When ever I restart my game it goes back to 80fps
This seems to be an issue - many people reporting that performance degrades over time and the only way to solve it is to exit to desktop and restart the game.
This is exactly what is happening to me, after some time performance degrades (GPU usage drops over time)
5800X / RTX3080, depending on what part of the city I am, I have about 70/80 fps when starting the game, and GPU usage 97%. As time pass while playing fps drops to 50-60 and GPU usage about 70%. GPU is not PerfCap, its fresh at 59ºC and power under 300W (card is undervolted) so it´s not a card or Performance Cap problem.
This happens since day one. All the patches discussed in other forums did not work for me (5800X used all the threads before the Hexadecimal patch, and the memory pool patch is just placebo effect on those people who restarted the game after patching the file, and due to the performance drop bug we are discussing here, they believed the patch worked.... when in fact, the file is not even used by the game)

Top Bottom