Performance Issues / Poor Optimization

+
I wonder if the upcoming 1.05 PC patch will fix the frame rate drop. I played the first 40 hours without any fps drop and thought I lucked out. With my RTX 2060 Super, I got 30-40fps at 2160p with ray-tracing on, DLSS at ultra performance, and most other settings at high, and I thought, hey, this wasn't so bad! I didn't go far into the story to avoid bugs in the quests, so I did mostly assaults in progress and stuff. But when I got to Lizzie's bar in the main story, that was the first time I noticed sudden frame rate drops. From that point on I got fps drops regularly. It would happen anytime and it didn't matter what I did: in combat, outside combat, in crowded areas or rooms, high or low graphic settings, high or low res, ray-tracing on or off, etc. In areas I had gone to where I didn't get fps drops, I would get it now regularly and reliably. I loaded saved games from the prologue, and I still got fps drops. Restarting the game would fix it temporarily, before seeing another fps drop in another 5-10 minutes of gameplay.

EDIT: GOG Is downloading a 9 GB update as I speak!

EDIT EDIT: Update installed. I'm running the updated game as I speak!!

EDIT x 3: Frame rate drops still occur, sadly.

Last edited:
I wonder if the upcoming 1.05 PC patch will fix the frame rate drop. I played the first 40 hours without any fps drop and thought I lucked out. With my RTX 2060 Super, I got 30-40fps at 2160p with ray-tracing on, DLSS at ultra performance, and most other setting on high, and I thought, hey, this wasn't so bad! I didn't go far into the story to avoid bugs in the quests, so I did mostly assaults in progress and stuff. But when I got to Lizzie's bar in the main story, that was the first time I noticed sudden frame rate drops. From that point on I got fps drops regularly. It would happen anytime and it didn't matter what I did: in combat, outside combat, in crowded areas or rooms, high or low graphic settings, high or low res, ray-tracing on or off, etc.
Maybe ask in the Hotfix 1.05 thread ;)

Okey, patch 1.05 didn't do better. I'm waiting for the January patch
What about this setting?
Screenshot060917.png

patch 1.05 turned my super smooth game into an approx 35 fps game @ max ultra

patch 1.05 destroyed my fps in this game.

(8700k/3080 RTX)

Tons of stuttering and FPS drops with RTX 3080 and i9-9900K. Before it was smooth as butter and FPS was consistent, however 1.05 definitely affected 10-15FPS loss particularly in city. Can't really believe this, and am so frustrated.

Still wainting an answer form gog support about my refund request submited 8 days ago. Seeing tath the game wont improve i will not back down. This Game is broken to the point of unfixable.

Hi...after 1.05 patch update i have 5-10 fps drops in nigt city...before the patch the game run smoother from now!

Still sound mixing problem. The NPC voices, music, TVs, Radios, enemy guns go to my SPDIF that I don't use and is disabled. To my speakers go my voice, quest dialogues and ambient sounds.

Why? That's the first time such shit has happened to me in a game since 1995. It's so ridiculous. That's not even an Early Access it's some WIP Alpha version.

Im testing the game. Here some findings. If your framerate drops drastically out of the blue you have to close and open the game again. I suspect this game keeps all of its assets working 100% of the time and also doesnt refresh the memory.

Its pretty stupid because assets should be loaded on a local radius around your character and subtly turned off and turned on as you walk unto a new radius of effect around your character. If everything is on all the time its obvious this game will suffer from poor performance. There should be a smart way of applying the FXs only on the visual radius of your character. You dont need effects turned on far away where you can't even notice anything.

Also some effects seems to be very bad implemented as the hardware takes a huge hit from it.

Last edited:
Hello, new here. to the thread and gaming on a pc. so I don't honestly under stand most of this stuff, trying to figure it out as i go but i am having frame rate issues and I'm not sure why. no matter what i try i cant seem to get the game to stabilize above about 30 frames and when i try and drive in game it drops to about 10, any one else have this problem? regardless of graphics settings I might add. I'm trying to figure out if its the game or my rig. i haven't had this problem on anything else before so I'm lost. my cpu and my gpu both operate at about 90% when I'm actually in game trying to play.

i have an I9 9900K intel processor and an Msi 2070 super graphics card. please help, if you can.

Ok, those two mods together seems to have made a miracle for me. It disables async compute which helps a lot for me.
I dont have a RT card. Got some performance on optimized settings.

Sorry for double-posting. I first replied to the Nvidia thread, but this one seems much more appropriate.

The performance is so poor, that it runs at an absolutely abysmal 10 fps when standing still. The infuriating part is that that this is at the absolute lowest settings, textures at low and with every visual effect turned off at a 1920x1080 resolution.

My PC specs:

- CPU: Intel 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H
- GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 (running the latest driver 460.89 - WHQL)
- Memory: 16GB RAM

Apologies for the scatter shot post.

Primary Issue:
Been noticing issues with FPS drops while performing certain menu actions. In the character inventory, when equipping new clothing items, the model will sometimes have to completely strip that area and then put the new items on piece by piece (particularly chest items). Usually if you have an Outer Torso that overrides the Inner Torso's appearance (EX: Outer Torso Item; Polycarbonate Western Fringe Vest). If you equipped a new piece of gear and exit the menu while the transition is still occurring, FPS loss can occur when resuming gameplay. However if you go back into the equipment menu, re-equip the appearance items, and let the animation finish changing before exiting the menu; the FPS will return to normal.

I've run into this generally after an engagement and quickly looking at what new clothing items I got, testing some of them to see if I like the appearance. Then I'll swap back to what I was wearing (usually due to better stats or not liking new appearance) and quickly exiting. Since I was just going back to old equipment, I generally don't wait for the appearance animation swap to finish before resuming.

In a similar vein; if I encounter a zone where my FPS starts to drop, doing this clothing swap method will sometimes fix or mitigate the FPS issue. If that doesn't, then I generally have to save and reload my game in that zone to fix the FPS.

PC Specs:
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700 8-Core
- Memory: 16GB
- GPU: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070 Super (On latest release drivers: 460.89)

Hi folks, I hopped into the game after some days break and read that there's a new patch. It actually feels worse than before. I got 50-55fps in the city with low density and even inside I don't get over 65fps.
I run the game with a 3080, 5800x and on 1440p. Here are my settings.

It also feels like G-Sync isn't doing anything which is weird.

Best regards

Hotfix 1.06 no longer utilizes all of my system's RAM/Memory. Previously I had applied a personal "hotfix" found at at the Imgur post below and altered the memory_pool_budgets file to show all 0's for the PC settings so it would dynamically pull system resources. I was able to run the game on Ultra with 0 issues after this fix.

With Hotfix 1.06, that file is no longer there, and it is back to not pulling my systems available memory. I now have to play the game on low/medium settings and even then have issues with lag and visual tearing.

Attachments

• Memory_pool_budgets.png
    Memory_pool_budgets.png
    96.6 KB · Views: 68
Top Bottom