Performance RT (60fps) on PS5?

+
Is it technically possible to get ray tracing at 60fps on next gen consoles someday? Honest question btw, I don’t know much. Is it the limitations of the RedEngine or console hardware? (PS5, XSX.) Or maybe a time, money & development resource issue? (PS5, XSX.)

Doubtful on PS5 since it's limited by hardware, but there might be a PS6 or PS7 upgrade that might do it.

I'm pretty sure Witcher 3 was on PS4 and now recently got the next-gen version on PS5 which was released in December, so their games do go onto newer consoles with better performance it seems.

I'm on Series X and every games which offer RT (Quality mode) is locked to 30FPS... no exception (and even, RT effects are "lights" due to hardware limitation^^).
The "current gen" consoles already are years behind PCs, so no. But let's hope for the next generation (I hope that Microsoft will switch from AMD to Nvidia for GPU, to enjoy FG and RT Overdrive at 60 FPS^^)

I'm on Series X and every games which offer RT (Quality mode) is locked to 30FPS... no exception (and even, RT effects are "lights" due to hardware limitation^^).
The "current gen" consoles already are years behind PCs, so no. But let's hope for the next generation (I hope that Microsoft will switch from AMD to Nvidia for GPU, to enjoy FG and RT Overdrive at 60 FPS^^)
Yes i have a hard time seeing it run at 60 fps with RT on too. Sadly i komda doubt they will get nvidia gous too since the cou is amd and its probably a package deal. They must negotiate the price for the board and so on.

Top Bottom