Performance still shocking

+
Hi all, first post here, my pc has the following specs:
AMD Ryzen 9 3900
Memory:
16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz (1x16GB)
Hard Drive:
Corsair Force MP510 480GB M.2 NVMe & Seagate 2TB BarraCuda
GPU:
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB *
Power Supply:
Corsair 750W TX750M
Motherboard:
ASUS PRIME X570-P

with this pc i still can't maintain a solid 60fps on ultra, 1440p, ray tracing and dlss off. Im using the most up to date drivers and game version, and its driving me nuts. It's a shame because i really enjoy the game. My fps fluctuates between 35 and 50fps as soon as anything slightly involving happens on scren such as walking around V's apartment building. any advice for me? Or is it simply a case of bad optimisation and i need to wait for the next patch as i know people with lower spec pcs can run it better.

Doesn't DLSS help with frames? New to PC's so I am just wondering, actually about to build mine this weekend when final parts arrive

turn DLSS ON. my setup is similiar, slightly better, i also play(ed) on 1440p (5120x1440) - but there is no chance to play it with dlss off.

on the other hand i have everything on ultra/psycho^^.

(...)
with this pc i still can't maintain a solid 60fps on ultra, 1440p, ray tracing and dlss off. Im using the most up to date drivers and game version, and its driving me nuts. It's a shame because i really enjoy the game. My fps fluctuates between 35 and 50fps as soon as anything slightly involving happens on scren such as walking around V's apartment building. any advice for me? Or is it simply a case of bad optimisation and i need to wait for the next patch as i know people with lower spec pcs can run it better.
While optimization is definitely far from perfect at this point in time, this should not be probably difficult to get stable 60 with some careful adjust to setting, and inspecting what actually happens with Your PC when You play. E.g. for one of my colleagues this was as simple as turning Asus Suite off. Bang - with this one change no more FPS dips, stable 75 fps with ultra settings, ray-tracing on, etc.

There are obviously other things that can impact your performance, and there are numerous topics and webpages that discuss exactly this. Probably worth investigating a bit more.

thanks for your inputs guys, dlss has no effect on performance either, nor does changing resolution or graphics settings. the fps is always hovering between 40 and 50, so bummed out idk what to do
Post automatically merged:

While optimization is definitely far from perfect at this point in time, this should not be probably difficult to get stable 60 with some careful adjust to setting, and inspecting what actually happens with Your PC when You play. E.g. for one of my colleagues this was as simple as turning Asus Suite off. Bang - with this one change no more FPS dips, stable 75 fps with ultra settings, ray-tracing on, etc.

There are obviously other things that can impact your performance, and there are numerous topics and webpages that discuss exactly this. Probably worth investigating a bit more.
i dont have asus suite installed, only afterburner, disabling it has no affect though, nothing ive tried does

Why in the hell are you people so concerned with fps numbers? Are you having studder in game? Are you experiencing lag? Is the play seamless? If any of those are true then its a USER problem. Im playing it on a 5 year old system with a i5-8600k and GTX 1070 ti and seeing 0 issues in play. The mentality of i spend 3K+ on my system and my numbers should be huge is annoying elitism. This is not a competitive 1st person shooters where you must have huge fps numbers to give you an edge because you might not survive the fight.

Why in the hell are you people so concerned with fps numbers? Are you having studder in game? Are you experiencing lag? Is the play seamless? If any of those are true then its a USER problem. Im playing it on a 5 year old system with a i5-8600k and GTX 1070 ti and seeing 0 issues in play. The mentality of i spend 3K+ on my system and my numbers should be huge is annoying elitism. This is not a competitive 1st person shooters where you must have huge fps numbers to give you an edge because you might not survive the fight.
Not sure where you get such a mindset from, it's a very visually impressive game and therefore i want it to perform as good as it looks. Also since ihve spent my hard earned money on a new system i want to be sure it works as it should. frame rate dropping from 50 to 20 randomly is pretty unplayable no matter the game.

please watch this very quick and lazy video i through together which demonstrates just how jarring this issue is

is your system configured for best possible performance? How much extra stuff are running on background that robs you of the best possible performance? Maybe eliminate all the extra junk that runs on background that doesnt need to be there...even Steam launcher will rob small percentage...you also used a video capture software during that time.... Analogy here for you: you do not go to a race track with a performance car and turn -on air conditioning or open all the windows or have passengers in car and expect theoretical performance numbers.

closed all background apps such as spotify, discord etc. no wallpaper engine either. no change :(
Post automatically merged:

and i used nvidia control panel set to performance

There is a big difference bewteen 60fps and 70-80 fps, the game just feels more smoother, let alone getting 144 or more on a 144hz monitor.

If people spend 2k€ or more and this crappy game can't even run properly on 2k, they have all the reason to blame the game, not the pc or the user.
There are tons of games out there that still run like crap, like Arma 3, but people who stick with the game don't mind that, cyberpunk is a 2020 game and it's different than a scripty mess like arma, that run on a engine that use 1 core.

Still, the fact that you are not having issue doesn't mean others can't.

My suggestion to OP is to roll back driver of 1 version and see if it's better.
other than that, there are a couple of settings to disable or lower, like volumetric fog.
DLSS for me didn't made any change.

Also you need to restart the game when you change settings, the game doesn't tell you but some settings get messed up if you don't, like shadows.

That bug only affects 4 and 6 core processors
i dont think OP Use 4 or 6 core cpu :0
well I was on D2 forum before. and most issue maker is AMD player :0 They got lock out from D2 world.
they scream and ask Dev to fix it . instead of go scream @ AMD forum about it - o -
in my life . I step in many world . I have many friend. some of them use AMD. and When a game upgrade graphic . most of them
just not able to play . Need to wait until AMD release something for fix . even bios for just a game = o = '' !

You know right ? error flash bios on computer board is serious issue enough to RMA that thing - _ - !

cheer

Last edited:
Your FP
Not sure where you get such a mindset from, it's a very visually impressive game and therefore i want it to perform as good as it looks. Also since ihve spent my hard earned money on a new system i want to be sure it works as it should. frame rate dropping from 50 to 20 randomly is pretty unplayable no matter the game.

please watch this very quick and lazy video i through together which demonstrates just how jarring this issue is

Your FPS even drops when you are in the menues sometimes oO
Can you use the Afterburner / RivaTuner Overlay and show the core untilizations, Temps and Wattages of you CPU and GPU?

My bet it's your RAM, you are using one stick and Cyberpunk and many other games run better on dual channel.

Edit:
35fps does seem very low even for one stick, do you have XMP enabled in the bios?

Last edited:
Dlss to quality, set vsync to 60 then mess around with the value option. you should be able to run this maxed out. I have lower pc specs except for ram, 32gig vengeance, Ryzen 7 3700x, B550 Mb, 970 evo plus Nvme, rtx 2060. I run it on ultra and psycho with ray tracing on, but none of the other options for ray tracing like shadows, reflections. 1440p too.

My bet it's your RAM, you are using one stick and Cyberpunk runs better on dual channel.

Edit:
35fps does seem very low even for one stick, do you have XMP enabled in the bios?

yeah, when reading his HW spec, single RAM screamed at me.. i have same type, but dual channel (two 8gig sticks) and no problems...

So what, 40-50 fps is good enough . Kidding. At least enjoy it the way it is. This game wont be fixed ever. I am so dissapointed. No cut content , fuck...

Top Bottom