Perma Death Units getting resureected?

+
Perma Death Units getting resureected?

I just had 2 games were in the first Sigrdrifa resurrected a priestess of freya and in the one after that a Sigrdrifa had been resurrected by a Restoration is that bugged or intented?

Intended.
Units that cannot rez permadeath are specifically written as such. Look at the cards descriptions. Sigrdrifa, Caretaker and Restoration don't have the condition "non permadeath" for their resurrection, just "non gold". Look at the other cards who can resurrect other units. They specify "non permadeath".

CDPR needs to change the "permadeath" tag into something else to avoid this confusion. Or just get rid of the Field Medics, since this mechanism seemed mostly directed against the blasted NR resurrection chains.

Resto and Sigdrifa can resurrect the Priestesses. Priestesses can't resurrect Priestesses though. All as intended.

Maybe we should open a thread to brainstorm/ try giving suggestion about the word that should be used instead? I agree it should be changed, simply because there is already so many peoples confused about it, and the number of players is still very limited right now, imagine the amount of thread at release/open beta. + not even counting peoples who don't come to ask and simply started to hate skellige players for being "bug abusers" (that's a thing as well, sadly).

Except if CDPR already has decided which word they're going to use and it's a final decision, of course.

If nothing is stated, card is resurrectable/restorable.
If "not resurrectable" or "restorable" is stated, card can't be resurrected, but it can be restored.

Medics could only resurrect, others can restore.

Maybe "resurrect points" can be introduced.

Permadeath is just plain bad.

Lytha;n7253140 said:
CDPR needs to change the "permadeath" tag into something else to avoid this confusion. Or just get rid of the Field Medics, since this mechanism seemed mostly directed against the blasted NR resurrection chains.

Resto and Sigdrifa can resurrect the Priestesses. Priestesses can't resurrect Priestesses though. All as intended.

It's unfair beacause the NR Medics can't resurrect any Medic but the Ske can resurrect one to one.............

eillinggel;n7256010 said:
It's unfair beacause the NR Medics can't resurrect any Medic but the Ske can resurrect one to one.............

is it unfair that NR can promote its unit to gold, making them immune to most damage and most removal, immune to weather, whereas SK cannot? Is it unfair that NR has 6 medics but SK only has 5? Is it unfair that NR can rez silver with all of the 6 medics cards, whereas SK can onl ywith two? Is unfair that one of NR medic immediately turn the rezed card to gold which protect it, whereas SK cannot? Is it unfair that NR can rez 6 cards even thought they PLAY the cards when they thin their deck, whereas 99% of the cards thinned from the deck for SK will need to be first rez from the graveyard to be played even once?

Is it really unfair that a faction who relies far more on its graveyard has some advantages here and there about its rez abilities? Is NR really entitled to get everything other faction does because why not?

Lytha;n7253140 said:

So you want to further nerf a deck that literally only has one good strategy going for it now which is radovid control.

gamingdevil800;n7256120 said:
So you want to further nerf a deck that literally only has one good strategy going for it now which is radovid control.
Yep. Skellige is the one with Graveyard focus. NR is the one with Promote. So, why exactly has Skellige 5 resurrection cards while NR has 6?

I'm stumped why NR "has to be good at everything and be capable of doing everything" in the opinion of some people.

Permadeath on a unit that can be revived is pointless. Could have as well kept the former stat they had on them. Made more sense.

Zefyris;n7253170 said:
Maybe we should open a thread to brainstorm/ try giving suggestion about the word that should be used instead? I agree it should be changed, simply because there is already so many peoples confused about it, and the number of players is still very limited right now, imagine the amount of thread at release/open beta. + not even counting peoples who don't come to ask and simply started to hate skellige players for being "bug abusers" (that's a thing as well, sadly).

What have i told you on the other thread? The word "permadeath" causes confusion, they should have just keep it as medics. And you disagreed with me back them, saying they might add other non-medic units that couldnt be res from gy, but than again, they could have just created another tag or made them fleeting. Right now, doesnt make any sense the change of medic tag to permadeath.

Last edited:
Laveley;n7256300 said:
What have i told you on the other thread? The word "permadeath" causes confusion, they should have just keep it as medics.

But I disagree with that, as I told you on the other thead as well, and why I disagree just as well. If they choose to change it from medic, then there's a reason. They want a term that can be used on other cards than medic if necessary. So the suggestion of opening a thread here isn't answered by "they choose undo the change". Considering that they choose to change, maybe we should give suggestion into what they should change it, and not if they should change it.

Zefyris;n7256340 said:
If they choose to change it from medic, then there's a reason.

Or maybe they just made a mistake and though that permadeath for some weird reason would be more clear than simply medics.

Lytha;n7256180 said:
Yep. Skellige is the one with Graveyard focus. NR is the one with Promote. So, why exactly has Skellige 5 resurrection cards while NR has 6?

I'm stumped why NR "has to be good at everything and be capable of doing everything" in the opinion of some people.

I'm literally hoping for a good nilfgaard deck cause all of my NR strategies got destroyed & I don't like the radovid control theres no variety like the other decks anymore.

Laveley;n7256440 said:
Or maybe they just made a mistake and though that permadeath for some weird reason would be more clear than simply medics.

Medic was better and easier to understand, if i read permadeath and i see that unit gets revived i wonder what permadeath is supposed to really mean.

Top Bottom