Permanent Vertical Line Visual Glitch (PS5)

+
So during my first save file I got about 10 hours in, right up to the "Disasterpiece" quest (how fitting) and since it started my entire game has these black artifact lines that go up and down in any sort darkened areas. Im including a youtube video link that shows exactly what is happening. (Not my video, just the exact same thing)

As you can imagine any sort of indoor dark area or the game at night is quite frankly, unplayable. I have already tried rebooting the game, rebooting the console, reinstalling the game entirely and even starting a new save file. Interestingly enough the glitch went away after I started the new save file, got about two hours in, the game crashed, and when I reloaded the same glitch began happening on my new file.

This exact same thing happened to me after completing Automatic Love, I got the relic malfunction and my screen looks like yours and even worse at times, I have played past this waaay past this infact, just trying to get through it, thinking that maybe it was just a relic malfunction but..... it has persisted all the way through another 15 hours of play time. I hate stumbling around in the dark interiors and couldn't see anything. No clue how to fix it.

I've had the same problem on PS4 Pro! I tried to get through the mission to find Evelyn price and I could barely make it through because I couldn't see anything.

I am all the way into Rogue's quests and still have it, I have tried reloading and playing automatic love again, still does it. Tried different options and got different outcomes each time and it still remains. Mine is super bad, if its at night in the game I can't see anything, inside and isnt well lit, cant see a thing. So frustrating, I was contemplating just starting over and throwing about 30 hours of gameplay down the tube.

20201223_204209.jpg
20201223_204146.jpg

Last edited:
I have the same issue on PC version. The game became completely unplayable to the extent I have actually stopped. Really a shame. Any plans to have this fixed?

Hi, Clearing Cache & Data rebuilding has solved the majority of issues that the game has thrown at my PS4 Pro. I have had various visual bugs that required me to exit the game & reload to clear. I have also had issues that required a cache clear to sort it.
I have had a similar one to the OP's (but not the same) and this is how I eventually cleared it.
I discovered that the issue was baked into my save, so... I did the following steps.
I took the Saves & Profile file that I felt were "good" off my console. I put them into the cloud & onto a USB. I then deleted the save folder, the whole folder not just the contents.
I data rebuilt & cache cleared, started the game to the main menu, exited & then put my save files back into the new folder.
This solved the issue. I then made sure to cache clear as I approached "busy" moments in game & have avoided these issues since.
My number 1 tip for all PlayStation players is to cache clear regularly, particularly if you notice anything "odd" in game. Notifications getting slow or perhaps not appearing at all? This is a sign of a full cache. I mean the ones that you show you gaining Eddies etc, this shows that your console is struggling & needs the cache emptied.
If anyone needs help with any of the above, please ask.

Top Bottom