persistent CTD the Ripper doc

+
so i just started a new game, had a character concept i wanted to tryout, now i get up to the point in the prologue where i meet up with jackie outside the mega building, he's eating chinese food, we have our little chat about dex, and the new gig, jack hands me the car key, and we get on our way, now before or just after we leave the tiny stretch of road just in front of the mega building ctd, every time.

Loaded up an old 1.23 save and played through that bit on 1.6 with no issues. Um, not much help except that it's not a fundamental 1.6 problem I suppose.

so i just started a new game, had a character concept i wanted to tryout, now i get up to the point in the prologue where i meet up with jackie outside the mega building, he's eating chinese food, we have our little chat about dex, and the new gig, jack hands me the car key, and we get on our way, now before or just after we leave the tiny stretch of road just in front of the mega building ctd, every time.
If it's not already done, you can try to verifying the game files, in case.
If you simply update the game, even more if you used or use mods, I suggest a clean install.

i should note i'm in the middle of a nomad run that started as a new game for this patch as well, she had no such issue... i'm way past the heist on her at this point. i haven't changed anything with my rig or cyberpunk between the two playthroughs. and i've verified my game files, and whent back to the beginning of the game, to that "rescue" mission, played it all the way to the current point and the problem still persists.

---edit
started a second new character, same exact issue. i'm debating with myself over doing a clean install, it's a bit of work, and i don't have the energy, at the very least think i'll finish my working playthroughs first. i usually have a few in the air at any given time.

---edit again
ctd happens when i ignore the car and walk to viks, so it's not localized to the car itself.

Last edited:
Top Bottom